dream day pass

m2dd's

Do anyone know where I can book these? I went to their website and could not see where to book day passes.

Also' date=' does anyone know how much a taxi was from the cruise port to the resort?[/quote']

You have to email concierge ( econcierge.drelr@dreamsresorts.com -- Louise Coley) in order to reserve your day pass for your visit.

As far as taxi goes, I was there 2 weeks ago and we were charged 10$ pp (20$ round trip) - there was 8 of us total.

I had read previously, prior to our trip, others were only being charged 15$ round trip .... so unsure if what we were charged is new pricing or if it's because we had a large group.

The resort was worth every penny & then some. In our confirmation email I was told the hours were 1030 - 5, however, we showed up at 10am and there was no qualms about it. So, with that said, I would get there as soon as you can to not only get your moneys worth but so you can take advantage of any extra time you can.

Edited by BabyJacks17

I was on the Carnival Breeze last week and got home yesterday. I will post a comprehensive review sometime this week, but thought I would answer your question. I went on the cruise with my sister and since there were no interesting options for La Romana, we decided on Dreams, which turned out to be a lovely way to spend the day. As everyone has said, it was $60pp, all inclusive - food, alcohol, soda, etc. They also give you a large beach towel.

The email address we used was : info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com. Louise Coley, the concierge, got back to us and confirmed the reservation via email. We paid once we got there, not in advance.

The logistics: When we got off the ship, we followed people thru the parking lot to the gate to get a cab. Many people were going to Dreams so we asked if we could share a van - no problem. It was $15 pp and there were 10 of us in the van. When we got to the resort, we told the driver to pick us up at 3, and he did. We paid AFTER we got back to port at the end of the day.

The Resort: Dreams itself is an enormous place. There were 2 huge pools, a large buffet restaurant, a beachside bar and restaurant and a beautiful beach. The food was good, the drinks were great and the day was sunny and a lot of fun.

The Port: As for La Romana, the port itself is a total dud - it looks like it is still in its early stages - none of the usual shops - just a large building with some liquor, cigars and miscellaneous items. from what I heard when I got back to the ship, the passengers who did the ship's La Romana city tour were really disappointed. There is nothing there yet.

Hope this helps.

Actually there are excellent excursions departing from Bayahibe a short stroll from Dreams. Seavis Tours and Pro Excursions are very highly-regarded by cruisers and land visitors alike.

But glad you enjoyed Dreams, we'll be spending 11 days there in 2 weeks and hope we get the same weather.

I was on the Carnival Breeze last week and got home yesterday. I will post a comprehensive review sometime this week, but thought I would answer your question. I went on the cruise with my sister and since there were no interesting options for La Romana, we decided on Dreams, which turned out to be a lovely way to spend the day. As everyone has said, it was $60pp, all inclusive - food, alcohol, soda, etc. They also give you a large beach towel.

The email address we used was : info.drelr@dreamsresorts.com. Louise Coley, the concierge, got back to us and confirmed the reservation via email. We paid once we got there, not in advance.

The logistics: When we got off the ship, we followed people thru the parking lot to the gate to get a cab. Many people were going to Dreams so we asked if we could share a van - no problem. It was $15 pp and there were 10 of us in the van. When we got to the resort, we told the driver to pick us up at 3, and he did. We paid AFTER we got back to port at the end of the day.

The Resort: Dreams itself is an enormous place. There were 2 huge pools, a large buffet restaurant, a beachside bar and restaurant and a beautiful beach. The food was good, the drinks were great and the day was sunny and a lot of fun.

The Port: As for La Romana, the port itself is a total dud - it looks like it is still in its early stages - none of the usual shops - just a large building with some liquor, cigars and miscellaneous items. from what I heard when I got back to the ship, the passengers who did the ship's La Romana city tour were really disappointed. There is nothing there yet.

Hope this helps.

nyny, A quick question. We are cruising on the Breeze in May and have reservations at Dreams. As for the transportation, I'm a little unclear on what you said. Do I understand that you paid 15.00 pp round-trip or one-way and you said you paid when he picked you up to return to the ship? Sorry for my confusion. Also, we don't need to reserve a van just all proceed to where they are parked and they all offer the same rates for the trip?

Thank you, Lynita

• 2 months later...

Lynita, you will be directed to an area where drivers are waiting to take you to yor destination. We taxied to Bayahibe which is where DLR is and we paid $10pp each way as part of the Seavis Tours package. But $15 is probably closer for your personal rate as long as you travel with others. Traveling alone you will pay more so hookup with others to fill a van.

Beachbratt it's a 20 mn ride each way.

We recently spent a couple weeks at Dreams and although a nice property the beach is smaller and gets very congested when the resort is busy. Another excursion option is the Seavis Tours or Pro Excursions daysails to Saona Island or Catalina Island. A very nice day on gorgeous beaches and on the water. Check their sites and past reviews!

• 2 months later...

Hi Bluewater,

You have given us good advice in the past and I was curious about the Seavis Tours you have recommended on several threads. I was initially looking for a beach day pass like at Dreams but you have be interested in looking into the Seavis Excursions. But if taxis are hard to get and expensive and this company is located by Dreams which you said is about a 20 minute ride each way does the price add up once transportation is added and is it risky being 20 minutes away from the port and going on a non Carnival sponsored excursion?

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated as we will be there in October on the Breeze.

Thanks!!!

GC

Hi GC, glad someone is looking at all of the options as the area is beautiful, and if you read the reviews onntripadvisor for Seavis and Pro Excursions you'll see many ppl love these tours. We're not snorkel ears but these were 2 of our best days on cruises.

All excursions depart from Bayahibe, a small fishing village 20 minutes east of the cruise dock and yes Dreams is there too. If you go to the Seavis Tours site you'll find they coordinate the taxis for you, you just walk to a meeting spot at the dock and they take you from there. The price is cheap and these drivers do this everyday. And Seavis monitors the Carnival docking schedule closely and adjusts the pick-up and return times accordingly as Carnival does sometimes dock an hour later.

You don't even pay for the excursion until you arrive in Bayahibe, and you don't pay the taxi until you are back to the ship.

Definitely no worries on taking a non-Carnival excursion, the excellent guides take care of you and get you back to port in plenty of time. And the tour is amazing with a great buffet lunch on Saona and a stop to wade with starfish at the Natural Pool.

Can't recommend this enough, so much better than laying on a crowded beach at Dreams!

Here's the Seavis site for their Saona excursion for Carnival cruisers -

http://www.seavisbayahibe.com/saona_special_e.htm

The boats are quick and it's a smooth ride for the most part but there can be some bumps too. They need the speed to get to the destinations.

If you're booking this for others they'll thank you for a king time!