Waitangi wharf to Kerikeri

Can anyone help with best way to go from Waitangi to Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands, NZ?

We want to go to the Rainbow Falls but want to walk it from the mission house using the Kerikeri river track which takes you past other falls, etc. Tours don't help as they track specifics with a group. We would also like to take in Parrot Place, Makana Confections, and general walking around town. We will be in port at Waitangi 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. I believe this port to be a tender.

We like to avoid taxi service especially when doing this type of thing.

Thanks very much!

Can anyone help with best way to go from Waitangi to Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands, NZ?

We want to go to the Rainbow Falls but want to walk it from the mission house using the Kerikeri river track which takes you past other falls, etc. Tours don't help as they track specifics with a group. We would also like to take in Parrot Place, Makana Confections, and general walking around town. We will be in port at Waitangi 7:00 am - 6:00 pm. I believe this port to be a tender.

We like to avoid taxi service especially when doing this type of thing.

Thanks very much!

Hi Openseas., your only option Im afraid would be a taxi. At Waitangi there should be taxis waiting though I think that i would probably ring and order one in advance. There should be a shuttle into town provided by the Paihia Bus Assoc, and if no taxis waiting at Waitangi you should get one at Paihia Wharf.

The excursion you are planning is an easy do in one day, you should have plenty of time. Make sure you check out the stone store in Keri Keri and buy some fruit at the fruit stalls.

If you have a chance, you should have some time to visit the treaty grounds when you return to Paihia/Waitangi.

regards ROscoe