Include Airfare When Booking?

AKA/Nanna

Hi, we're trying to book our first Viking cruise and have questions regarding airfare and travel insurance.

Can anyone advise us as to whether we should book the airfare through Viking when we book the cruise? Or, through the airline itself when we get closer to the cruise date? The same question about travel insurance. Now or later, and through whom? We're looking at 2016 so have time to play with.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Hi, we're trying to book our first Viking cruise and have questions regarding airfare and travel insurance.

Can anyone advise us as to whether we should book the airfare through Viking when we book the cruise? Or, through the airline itself when we get closer to the cruise date? The same question about travel insurance. Now or later, and through whom? We're looking at 2016 so have time to play with.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

Hi: We've taken several Viking River Cruises and are looking forward to our first on Viking Oceans. We have always taken Viking's air as we found we could not get the airfare at the price they were quoting. In fact we locked it in with our initial booking and the air did subsequently go up even through Viking.

However, we usually look for quotes on the insurance through various on-line services.

BTW: As this is your first Viking cruise, we can give you a referral which will save you $100 per person when you finally book. The info from my DH can be found in post #3 on the thread Looking for a Viking Referral. Or you can post your email address here and we will send it to you.

Edited by loum140

BTW: As this is your first Viking cruise, we can give you a referral which will save you $100 per person when you finally book. The info from my DH can be found in post #3 on the thread Looking for a Viking Referral. Or you can post your email address here and we will send it to you.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

We booked our air through Viking, but paid $100 extra so that we could have input into airlines and schedules for the trip. One time we were routed through Paris CDG and had a 90 minute connection, but with a change in terminals and exiting and re-entering security it took us all of that time even though we had to run. It is nice to have some control over these things.

I googled travel insurance, and found many websites, and chose to book through one that showed various features of the policies offered by different companies, and the prices of each. Since we have to pay so far in advance on Viking, I chose to get the insurance when we booked.