Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Hoping on more news when they lay the keel..

Meyer Werft will get Quantum of the Seas out in the nearby future, move Anthem of the Seas and lay the keel of Escape.

Anyone seen a Meyer Werft block scheme for Escape?

Only block scheme I have seen is the out of focus one in the background of the steel cutting picture with Kevin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

• 2 weeks later...
What interests me the most (apart from Sheehan's jeans) is the additional public spaces.

Will there be more restaurants? A lounge? Both?

Will the existing Breakaway dining rooms/public spaces be changed/re-themed?

I too am interested in how similar/different the Escape will be - compared to the Breakaway and Getaway.

It's always fun to watch as the ship develops. Stalked the Breakaway during its construction - expect do do the same with the Escape. ;) :D

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

MSC announced two more megaship newbuilds; project Seaside.

154.000 BRT, 5300 passengers, 1413 crew, 323 meters x 41 meters, 70 meters high. Will be build at Fincantieri.

MSC-Seaside-700x375.jpg

http://shipmonk.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/mscseaside2.jpg

http://shipmonk.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/mscseaside3.jpg

http://shipmonk.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/mscseaside1.jpg

Image credit: http://shipmonk.co.uk/

The ship will feature a seaside promenade, shops and restaurants.

Delivery november 2017. Second one may 2018 and a option on a third.

Clearly this is Waterfront 2.0, err wait 4.0, see all the space! Will NCL redesign the waterfront?

Probably too late for Escape but Bliss having a small waterfront versus MSC in 2017?

Edited by FreestyleNovice
went to links instead of xxl pics

Clearly this is Waterfront 2.0, err wait 4.0, see all the space! Will NCL redesign the waterfront?

Probably too late for Escape but Bliss having a small waterfront versus MSC in 2017?

I wonder what the black rectangular windows are at the stern. Maybe a panoramic lift (elevator)?

MSC have said that their 'Vista' newbuilds will have an internal 'Promenade' probably RCL style, I guess. They have also said that 'Seaside' (above) will have a 'Waterfront' type feature. (NCL have started a trend.)

That design at the stern of Seaside does looks just like a 'split superstructure' to me. That big black window could be at the end of a internal promenade, if she has one!

Just guessing.;)

Back to Escape: so she will definitely have some additional public spaces, there's room on her deck plans for them. A lounge might be nice, given the lack of one. However we may just get even more income generating spaces, such as dining rooms or even an extra entertainment/sports facility?

I wonder if the existing Getaway spaces will be mainly duplicated or could there be some major changes?

I guess that they cannot make big structural changes and they will want 'Breakaway+' to have continuity with the 'Breakaway' class. However re-branding/changing the usage of spaces is very feasible.

nyfqc6.jpg

2zgytso.jpg

212sq41.jpg

We've booked a Deck 9 - Haven Aft - for February 2016. It's the same cabin we had on the Breakaway and have booked on the Getaway.

Seems that there is a little different configuration on the Escape. Will be interesting to see how different the balcony is on the Escape - compared to the HUGE ones on the Breakaway and Getaway.

Hoping for some pictures once she's in service! ;)

I wonder what the black rectangular windows are at the stern. Maybe a panoramic lift (elevator)?

MSC have said that their 'Vista' newbuilds will have an internal 'Promenade' probably RCL style, I guess. They have also said that 'Seaside' (above) will have a 'Waterfront' type feature. (NCL have started a trend.)

That design at the stern of Seaside does looks just like a 'split superstructure' to me. That big black window could be at the end of a internal promenade, if she has one!

Just guessing.;)

Love to speculate haha! Dutch cruiseblog http://www.Cruisereiziger.nl reported "panoramic elevators", I guess that's the window at the aft?

I doubt an internal promenade, the render seems quite small in the rear superstructure? But a ship with both a huge waterfront/seaside AND a internal promenade would offer an enormous public space ratio. :D My strategy for MSC would be to deply bot kind of ships, seaside and Vista, on the same/similar itenaries.

I agree on the NCL Breakaway Plus class to be an evolved blueprint, however it would be super if they manage to do some "last minute" changes to Bliss to match MSC.

NCL, it has been too long, bring us some news LOL! Just a few more months untill the keel laying.. Oct/Nov?

DH and I were just discussing last night if we should trade our South American cruise for this TA. Also, the crossing will be done during hurricane season. Any worries about a rough crossing? Great job gathering info. Can't wait for more!

We are booked! We did an angled balcony like we had on Getaway. It worked perfectly for us, and we love being right by the stairs. Unfortunately there were none still available on the port side of the ship, so we are starboard, but we are not cabin- hermits anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

We are booked! We did an angled balcony like we had on Getaway. It worked perfectly for us, and we love being right by the stairs. Unfortunately there were none still available on the port side of the ship, so we are starboard, but we are not cabin- hermits anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Nice!! ;) :D

So that took all of 2 days since your last cruise! ;)

C'mon over and join us on the roll call! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018230

PS. Loved your review and dining notes. Thanks!

So that took all of 2 days since your last cruise! ;)

LOL...sounds about right!! ;)

We got off the ship on Saturday, put the hold on our Escape cabin on Sunday! Then we called our PCC on Monday to make it official, but our FCC wasn't appearing yet, so he extended our hold until today. This morning, we got the official confirmation email showing deposit applied, so we are in! :p

Is everybody ready for their 2014 Escape cruise?!

qnn3tt.jpg

Typo on the German NCL site under the Latitudes offers.. :D

Lets see. We will be on the Sun Panama Canal cruise this October and then we have to jump over to Southampton for the Escape for the TA right after we get back. They must be really working fast on the ship! :D:D:D

hey lrgpizza, which balcony did you book?? Our TA tried to book us an angled balcony on the getaway three weeks ago, but somehow ended up booking us in the one next to it instead!! I don't want to make the same mistake again! Thanks!!

hey lrgpizza, which balcony did you book?? Our TA tried to book us an angled balcony on the getaway three weeks ago, but somehow ended up booking us in the one next to it instead!! I don't want to make the same mistake again! Thanks!!

Just view the deck plans on the NCL website. That's how we picked ours both on the Getaway and the Escape. If I were you, I'd be pretty ticked off and looking for a new travel agent!

Big news. Thanks to Peg (peg013) for bringing this to our attention.

NCL has announced on their German website (http://www.ncl.de/news/) that they will be offering a 2-Day Escape from Hamburg, Germany (to Southampton UK) preceding her transatlantic voyage out of Southampton. The Norwegian Escape will be sailing out of Hamburg, Germany on October 25, 2015 instead of Rotterdam, Netherlands as did Breakaway/Getaway.

The 2-Day Escape from Hamburg goes on sale June 18th.

I've pieced together a tentative itinerary and here is what it will likely look like.

Oct 23, 2015 - 2-Day Hamburg CTN for travel industry/press (confirmed)

Oct 24, 2015 - At Sea (confirmed)

Oct 25, 2015 - 2-Day Escape from Hamburg to Southampton for customers (confirmed)

Oct 26, 2015 - At Sea (confirmed)

Oct 27, 2015 - 1-Day Southampton CTN for travel industry/press (unofficial guess, not announced)

Oct 28, 2015 - 1-Day Southampton CTN for customers (unofficial guess, not announced)

Oct 29, 2015 - Nov 8 10-Day Transatlantic Southampton to Miami (confirmed)

CTN = Cruise to nowhere

Edited by kylenyc

Wow, what happened to Rotterdam? Haha..

Great post, thanks for sharing!!

IMO it's a strategic marketing decision/opportunity/partnership as part of a new cruise terminal building being built in Hamburg, Germany and to attract German and European customers. NCL stated in their press release quote ""The European market has played an important role for Norwegian Cruise Line and in particular Germany is one of our most important markets". The majority of NCL ships are German-built by Meyer Werft so it seems fitting too. They've also sailed several new ships out of Rotterdam already so it's a smart move to do something different to attract a new audience.

Here's the translation of the full press release using Google Translate

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.news.ncl.de%2Fshow_press.php%3Fid%3D859

I've never been to Germany so here's to new experiences :)

Edited by kylenyc