Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs275

FYI - Brilliance Med and Kusadasi

If you are siling this itinerary in the future, my mom just emailed from the ship that RCCL has decided to skip Kusadasi on the July 23rd sailing and spend 2 days in Athens instead. Better safe than sorry!

We're on the Brilliance on August 16th. We also are scheduled to stop in Kusadasi. Any info on future cruises? 2 days in Athens would be good to me!

What a shame I have been to both Athens and Kusadasi and missing Kusadssi is to truley miss something special! Went on seabourn last year and our stops in Turkey were amasing!! We originally booked the trip beacause of the Greece stops they were great but Turkey was fantastic! The ruins at Ephesus are wonderful, we had a banquet outside at the liberary at night served by waiters in togas!! The entertainment was a small string group! Wonderful! We felt safe and invited everywhere we went in Turkey!!

As they say...that was last year :( I had a feeling that this port would be cancelled on them for at least this cruise after the tourists were attacked there last week. It's a different world we live in.

Better safe than sorry. RCI actually cancelled port calls in Turkey for the entire 2004 season. They called at Taormina, Sicily instead. But I was so hoping to get to Turkey in September. :)

I hope your folks are having a great cruise.