Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Again another "brilliant" idea. May bring malted milk powder with me to make a "malt" or smash some Whoppers candy.

We all need to create a Facebook page " lido Creations" that way can thumbs up these ideas. I am going to cut & paste I to a word doc to not forget so e of them. No more standard Buffett.

When we return from our 8 day in June, I will start by posting up pictures of whatever Lido creations we make, or possibly too that others have made.

I think pictures will add a lot to Lido Creations.

I always bring my own Champagne for sail-away. If there's any leftover, I mix it with the mango-juice concoction that can be found on the lido deck next to the OJ during breakfast the next day.

I've never actually experienced "leftover champagne"! LOL :p

I am on weight watchers and most of this thread is a no no BUT yay to taco salads, removing breading from the fish and making fish tacos, and fresh eggs at the omelette bar!

I just ask for a veggie taco, then get broiled/grilled fish from the buffet (they have it every day/evening).

On ships with a Cucina and a Guys, I stop at Guys and get a small bowl of crumbled bacon.......then I head up to Cucina and order pasta with onions, garlic, peppers and alfredo sauce, then mix the crumbled bacon into it and create my own version of pasta carbonara.

Soft serve, jello and yogurt for a quick smoothie. In your own shaker container works best. Something about the soft serve and yogurt makes a perfect consistency and the bits of jello offer a neat taste sensation.

We may try this one just cause its seems gross.

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be a "wow" creation, but I'm from Canada, and when we order "iced tea" it is always sweet. We are not used to the U.S. version of it. So when we brought our kids on our last cruise, they mixed half lemonade and half iced tea from the buffet machines. Its a great tasting compromise :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

fruit for dessert..

raspberries.

funny but I have been told " No" we don't have any available"

but I also have been brought a small bowl of them.

What a treat.

a simple plate of spinach, nicely prepared steamed.

or more than one vegetable..

without oils or cooked in butter.

if i don't do breakfast in the mdr, i create a breakfast bowl at the buffet. Scrambled eggs (they are otherwise inedible), hash browns, crumbled sausage, grilled onions and peppers (from the sausage conconction), tomatoes, fresh pico, melted cheese, and salsa.

ahoy shipmate

you can order scrambled eggs using fresh cracked eggs. The cooks get many requests for them and have several ready , 2 t0 a bowl sitting in a reefer under the line and ready to cook upon request. I do this on every cruise.

Between Going To The Grill And Salad Bar I Make Some Mean Nachos! I Have Been Asked Several Times EachCruise "Where Are those Nachos Found?" Yep, I Clue Them In.

For Sea Days On The Ships That Do Not Have Guy Burgers, I Grab Bacon From Late Risers Breakfast And Slap On A Burger From The Grill With Cheese...Baboon Cheese Burger!

Nachos? I missed something. Where do you get the chips

Nachos? I missed something. Where do you get the chips

On Ships That Do Not Have A Guy Burger, The Grill Near The Pools Have Fresh Fried Nacho Chips. They Are Not Like The Pure Corn Chips I Am Use To...More White Flour Is Mixed In But They Make Good Nachos!

if brown gravy is available either at rotisserie or buffet, i get a small bowl of shredded cheese at salad bar, plate of french fries. Top fries with gravy then top with cheese. So good. Also for room service i get a caesars salad and a shrimp salad sandwich (it comes open faced) and dump the shrimp salad into the caesar. A lot less messy and very good. Breakfast, two pieces toast, hard fried egg from omelet station and a visit to the bacon police. Take it back to cabin and enjoy breakfast sandwich on balcony.

disco fries!! Yay!