5 May - Villa, Mystery Isld, Champayne Bay & Pendercoste - what to do

beck4711

hello

we have been to Vila and Mystery Island before, last time we did Hideaway Island and well no swimming at Mystery due to seeing a few people attacked by jellyfish, the screaming was enough to scare my 8 year out of the water.

Champayne Bay and Pendercoste - these are new to us, so any suggestions?

Also any different ideas for Villa?

Thanks

Champagne Beach is a magnificent stretch of sand, one of the finest beaches in the Pacific, and when we were there it was just the two of us. Today, the big cruise ships show up quite regularly and tender people ashore. The beach is still spectacular but with 2000-odd people it will . . . . well, it's not the same.

Pentecost (not Pendercoste) is world famous as the site where local men climb up tall bamboo towers and jump off, celebrating the yam harvest and defying death as only a vine tied to their ankles breaks their fall. I've not seen this myself.

Champagne Bay is beautiful spot. Gorgeous beach for relaxing and swimming. Snorkelling is great at the far end. Locals have outrigger canoes on the beach and you can pay $5.00ppAUD for a ride. The beach has loads of markets selling souvenirs and clothing. At the markets there are locals selling day tours. One popular tour is to the the blue lagoon which is about 25mins drive away. You would need to take reef shoes as the access into the blue lagoon is slippery and rocky.

Edited by aussielozzie18

hello

we have been to Vila and Mystery Island before, last time we did Hideaway Island and well no swimming at Mystery due to seeing a few people attacked by jellyfish, the screaming was enough to scare my 8 year out of the water.

Champayne Bay and Pendercoste - these are new to us, so any suggestions?

Also any different ideas for Villa?

Thanks

hi

Pentercost island as has been noted the land divers amazing event not that many cruise ships stop there if you can take chalk and pencils for the kids.also not bad snorkling enjoy!