Beware Changes for “Grand” Meet & Greets

CruisinTexans

We are on the Prinsendam Grand Africa Med. In the past Holland has always done complimentary invitations for the Cruise Critic M & G’s. No longer, at least on the Prinsendam. They charged me $20 for 50 invitations, which I thought was a fair price and paid it, but was surprised there was a charge. The beverage manager insisted that the Prinsendam had never done free invites, but they did it for me on this same cruise in 2010, and in 2012 we were sent invites with no mention of a charge.

leslie

We are on the Prinsendam Grand Africa Med. In the past Holland has always done complimentary invitations for the Cruise Critic M & G’s. No longer, at least on the Prinsendam. They charged me $20 for 50 invitations, which I thought was a fair price and paid it, but was surprised there was a charge. The beverage manager insisted that the Prinsendam had never done free invites, but they did it for me on this same cruise in 2010, and in 2012 we were sent invites with no mention of a charge.

leslie

I have organized several M&G's and have been quoted that same amount on non "Grand" voyages. Since I had invitations ready, in each case they delivered them free. The cost seemed to only come into play if they prepared the invites and used the standard HAL card plus envelop.

Rich

leslie

I've been on Prinsendam 3 times. The first time we did several informal M&G. I've done 2 M&G---no invitations. I believe they sent me a list of costs for extra items that we might want . Personally, I think invitations are a waste. If people can remember how to sign up for a cruise, get air, get excursions, they are capable of remembering the M&G. All they have to do it write down the date and time beforehand, and keep it with their tour info. We had the cruise director and Captain Tim show up with only an invite from Seattle (when I called in the numbers). After teaching 7 year olds for 34 years, I expect more from adults!

I've been on Prinsendam 3 times. The first time we did several informal M&G. I've done 2 M&G---no invitations. I believe they sent me a list of costs for extra items that we might want . Personally, I think invitations are a waste. If people can remember how to sign up for a cruise, get air, get excursions, they are capable of remembering the M&G. All they have to do it write down the date and time beforehand, and keep it with their tour info. We had the cruise director and Captain Tim show up with only an invite from Seattle (when I called in the numbers). After teaching 7 year olds for 34 years, I expect more from adults!

Hey Linda - I'm hijacking the thread for a minute. I need your email!!

I'm in the process of booking the Celtic & Gaelic Explorer for Sept 2, 2015 on the Prinsendam. thanks for letting me hijack for a moment :-)

Back to M& G discussions...

Hey Linda - I'm hijacking the thread for a minute. I need your email!!

I'm in the process of booking the Celtic & Gaelic Explorer for Sept 2, 2015 on the Prinsendam. thanks for letting me hijack for a moment :-)

Back to M& G discussions...

Karen,

You can find me at westielover288atgmaildotcom