How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It isn't very good, it hasn't been updated to any new ships, so I have substituted them for ships in the same class or in some cases the same line. I cannot add any ports that are not already in the system. But it does help me keep track. It's use is not as good as it was years ago.

I can't get it to do anything except let me only choose a cruise line for the next trip 🙄 and then no more fields! So of course, I can get my timeline to add! Do you know if it is out of service and not maintained. I cannot find another web sight that will keep track for me.

3 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

I can't get it to do anything except let me only choose a cruise line for the next trip 🙄 and then no more fields! So of course, I can get my timeline to add! Do you know if it is out of service and not maintained. I cannot find another web sight that will keep track for me.

I am thinking it is just out dated. One thing I find is when selecting a cruise line, I have to wait for a while, sometimes 5 mins. And the process is the same for the other fields.

35 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I am thinking it is just out dated. One thing I find is when selecting a cruise line, I have to wait for a while, sometimes 5 mins. And the process is the same for the other fields.

Okay, Thanks Mic. I'll try that! I've never waited so maybe I can get more history in there this way!

I wish I could find another web sight that offered this feature! I loved when it worked well.

1 minute ago, SailingShelley said:

Okay, Thanks Mic. I'll try that! I've never waited so maybe I can get more history in there this way!

I wish I could find another web sight that offered this feature! I loved when it worked well.

I just added a cruise that wasn't on the list yet and it took nearly 8 minutes to allow me to select a ship. Then another 5 for the year.

45 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, I was on the Navigator of the Seas, gave me a scare when returning to port and saw the ship sailing out (around 3pm) instead of at 10pm.

So the Navigator was not supposed to be there on Sept 11?  I recall comparing notes with you before our cruises and we were not to be in Lisbon the same day.

5 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

So the Navigator was not supposed to be there on Sept 11?  I recall comparing notes with you before our cruises and we were not to be in Lisbon the same day.

too long ago, we were there on a day in September or October when the Indy was also in port.

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I just added a cruise that wasn't on the list yet and it took nearly 8 minutes to allow me to select a ship. Then another 5 for the year.

Thanks for the test! I will do the same! AND... how did you ever figure that out :classic_ohmy: !!?

I would love to volunteer to make the site whole again!

12 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

Thanks for the test! I will do the same! AND... how did you ever figure that out :classic_ohmy: !!?

I would love to volunteer to make the site whole again!

I suppose it has just got slower and slower. Soon there will not be any of the new ships in the system.

6 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

I'm sure it was 9/11 since chuck and I had a discussion when we saw your ship in Lisbon that we would have liked to find you there!

It was 3 October 2018 was when we were there. But yeah, would have been good to meet and have one of those Portuguese tarts.

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

You are my Hero Mic! Thank you for all your insight! :classic_love:  I spent the greater part of the day updating my Cruise-Ship timeline and with a lot of patience....it worked! http://www.cruise-ships.com/profile/SailingShelley/

Only issue I had was adding a future cruise for Celebrity Edge that is not listed so I just called it "Reflection" to get the ports and dates in there!

On 4/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, MicCanberra said:

It was good although very regimented everything was set to a time i.e wake up calls at 6.30am, breakfast at 7-8am, shorex at 8.30am, etc.I am glad we did it but really do not like that sort of cruise. It was not very relaxing at all.

Wow  --  it sounds like Disney Trips my Sister used to plan for her family...  My BIL called it Mickey Boot Camp...

5 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

You are my Hero Mic! Thank you for all your insight! :classic_love:  I spent the greater part of the day updating my Cruise-Ship timeline and with a lot of patience....it worked! http://www.cruise-ships.com/profile/SailingShelley/

Only issue I had was adding a future cruise for Celebrity Edge that is not listed so I just called it "Reflection" to get the ports and dates in there!

Yep, that is what I have done with several cruises, using ships that are similar class, etc.

5 hours ago, SailingShelley said:

What are the chances of us being in port at the same time again? Do you live close to any of the ports I'll visit next February in Australia on RCCL top and bottom cruises?

We are in Canberra which is 3 hours south of Sydney, so not really that close. We will be Sydney on 12 February for a Majestic Princess cruise, so looks like we will miss each other by a few days.

Here's one for everyone that will make you laugh.  On My Celebrity account they have two cruises listed for wife and I.  First is a Bermuda cruise in August, 117 days to go.  Second is a cruise on Jan. 1, 2039 with 7186 days to go.  (Not a typo)  This is on the Celebrity web site.  I doubt I'm going to make the second one. 

57 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Here's one for everyone that will make you laugh.  On My Celebrity account they have two cruises listed for wife and I.  First is a Bermuda cruise in August, 117 days to go.  Second is a cruise on Jan. 1, 2039 with 7186 days to go.  (Not a typo)  This is on the Celebrity web site.  I doubt I'm going to make the second one. 

LOL, I have a shot at it.

3 hours ago, dkjretired said:

As Spock said, "live long and prosper."

I hope you make it.😊