Jump to content

How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah but we also belong to a few Schnauzer breeder and owner groups where people frequently care for each other’s dogs, we also have a great boarding Kennel where Mrs Gut used to teach the manager, they have web cams in the runs and send frequent videos of play time. We use them when Miss Gut is going to be away the same time as us, or with us.

I should look into that.  Thanks for mentioning.  I have no problem with longer trips but short trips can be problematic.  Part of the reason we got the motorhome 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, clo said:

I should look into that.  Thanks for mentioning.  I have no problem with longer trips but short trips can be problematic.  Part of the reason we got the motorhome 🙂

I had a 35 day round trip Hawaii booked Doctors Made me cancel, the plus was I wouldn’t Be away from Maxy for five weeks. His breeder is also a loooooong time friend and she would have him if we were stuck.

Edited by GUT2407
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I had a 35 day round trip Hawaii booked Doctors Made me cancel, the plus was I wouldn’t Be away from Maxy for five weeks. His breeder is also a loooooong time friend and she would have him if we were stuck.

Hairy's breeder is nowhere near here plus she feeds a raw diet which isn't our 'thing.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

And I will be back home again counting down to the next one.

Yeah y next few are close, Dec, Jan, then April, closest I have ever had them, normally only one or maybe two a year, with about a 8 year break at one point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah y next few are close, Dec, Jan, then April, closest I have ever had them, normally only one or maybe two a year, with about a 8 year break at one point.

I honestly can't imagine being away from home for any long (more than two weeks) period more than two or three times a  year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah y next few are close, Dec, Jan, then April, closest I have ever had them, normally only one or maybe two a year, with about a 8 year break at one point.

I had a 14 year break between my first and second and a 8 year break between my second and third..

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, clo said:

I honestly can't imagine being away from home for any long (more than two weeks) period more than two or three times a  year.

I don’t do multiple long ones in a year for example

 

oct 14 33 nights

Dec 14 7 nights

Dec 15 7 nights

Feb 16 5 nights

Oct 17 2 nights

Dec 17 7 nights

Dec 18 8 nights

Dec 19 8 night

Jan 20 11 nights

Apr 20 3 nights

Dec 20 6 nights (I think)

Feb 21 33 nights.

 

Plus a couple of land trips 7-10 nights each.

 

so as you can see about 6 years between the two long ones.

Edited by GUT2407
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I don’t do multiple long ones in a year for example

 

oct 14 33 nights

Dec 14 7 nights

Dec 15 7 nights

Feb 16 5 nights

Oct 17 2 nights

Dec 17 7 nights

Dec 18 8 nights

Dec 19 8 night

Jan 20 11 nights

Apr 20 3 nights

Dec 20 6 nights (I think)

Feb 21 33 nights.

 

Plus a couple of land trips 7-10 nights each.

 

so as you can see about 6 years between the two long ones.

Now THAT sounds great!  But I have to tell you that I laughed when   I realized that those double digits were years and not days of the month.  LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clo said:

Oh, I wasn't clear.  I have no desire to be gone that much.  I honestly wonder why people do.

My imagination is great, not only can I imagine being away from home for any long (more than two weeks) period more than two or three times a  year. I can also imagine desiring to do it. 😋

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

My imagination is great, not only can I imagine being away from home for any long (more than two weeks) period more than two or three times a  year. I can also imagine desiring to do it. 😋

So do you think someday you'll sell your home and travel full time - sea or land?  I can't imagine that and we're adventuresome travelers. But we love our home, friends, family, activities and so on.  We have three intl. trips between now and next Sept. and I can't imagine doing any more.  We'll also have land trips probably here in the West.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...