How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

2 hours ago, babs135 said:

Just realised that you're from County Durham so why drive all the way to Dover when you can get the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge and with a night's sleep under your belt you should be wide awake for your drive!!!!!

Good idea. Except I am not sure if I would then need to isolate for 14 days in zeebrugge first prior to reaching France then 14 days isolation in Italy. Could be a long holiday this one.

41 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Good idea. Except I am not sure if I would then need to isolate for 14 days in zeebrugge first prior to reaching France then 14 days isolation in Italy. Could be a long holiday this one.

One more piece in the interlocking puzzle.  Would the cruise still sail from an Italian port while 14 day isolation periods applied in Belgium and France? (Of course, both countries are lovely this time of year — but perhaps not so much when self-isolating).

I hope things work out - or at least get put off in a no-cost, no hassle fashion.

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

I hate to say, but this is beginning to sound more like torture rather than a relaxing holiday. 😥

Oh I don't know. We are setting off in 12 days just to be sure we can drive there in time ready for the 14 day pre cruise isolation. Taking a packed lunch.

Just a thought though....will we be recompensed for the drive and the 14 day pre cruise isolation if they cancel the cruise after we get to the isolation centre?

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

Just a thought though....will we be recompensed for the drive and the 14 day pre cruise isolation if they cancel the cruise after we get to the isolation centre?

Well, that would be nice.  

If you are counting on that sort of benefit, why not buy a new Range Rover (just for the drive) so you could piggy-back its cost on top of your other travel expenses?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Well, that would be nice.  

If you are counting on that sort of benefit, why not buy a new Range Rover (just for the drive) so you could piggy-back its cost on top of your other travel expenses?

Well it would be rather inconvenient for us to travel all that way by car only to  find they cancelled the cruise just a few days before it was due to sail.

The 14 days of quarantine would have been for nothing.

And.nownthe uk government has made a blanket no flying anywhere rule unless you isolate for 14 days immediately.

So there will be no brits on this cruise.

Wonder if anyone has told celebrity?

On saying that nobody from the cruise line has got in touch yet to tell me how they are going to get me there.

At the moment I am flying from Manchester on an airline not flying.

They had better not transfer to a london airport unless they are paying me to get there.

378. Probably.

Yes celebrity have cancelled all cruises through to the 1st august.

Wife doesn't want to go this year now so hoping to re-book same cruise for 2021.

Which will be 378 days.

• Like 1

I was counting until my cruise got cancelled. Now I am countering days to get a refund lol. Its 60 days right now. (I dont feel like I will get it earlier). I had a bad story with this one particular company and I have a feeling they will take all the time they have until they refund me 

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

378. Probably.

Yes celebrity have cancelled all cruises through to the 1st august.

Wife doesn't want to go this year now so hoping to re-book same cruise for 2021.

Which will be 378 days.

Well I am glad you have now not having to swim the channel.