How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

On 6/11/2020 at 10:46 PM, GUT2407 said:

I had eight on the cards less than a year ago,

Holey moley. How much time are you at home every year? What do you do in addition to cruising?

No bending of facts for GUT or for myself.

As at January this year, I too had 8 cruises booked apart from other travel. Most of which has been cancelled, postponed.

We did the one in February but it got cut short due to not being able to go on to Singapore.

Subsequently the one in April and the one due to leave in a few weeks time out of Sweden have been cancelled by the cruise lines.

We have one in November which we just cancelled 9prior to final payment), as we cannot get to Singapore to board it, but I am sure it too will be cancelled by the cruise line.

the other 5 were for 2021, 2 in January will not be leaving, but we are still assessing what to do there.We lifted and shifted a cruise in April 2021 to 2022. And we have 2 in Oct/Nov 2021 for the Caribbean, and will assess if we can actually get there, and have insurance later next year.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

As at January this year, I too had 8 cruises booked apart from other travel.

I very likely asked you this before so please excuse me. How much time do you spend at home? I consider 2-3 intl trips a year my absolute. Being gone 2-3 weeks each. We DO know, coincidentally, an Australian couple that we met on a Norwegian coastal cruise. They ride their bikes and otherwise travel all over the world. I know they sold their home but can't remember where they live when they're (rarely) not traveling.

37 minutes ago, clo said:

I very likely asked you this before so please excuse me. How much time do you spend at home? I consider 2-3 intl trips a year my absolute. Being gone 2-3 weeks each. We DO know, coincidentally, an Australian couple that we met on a Norwegian coastal cruise. They ride their bikes and otherwise travel all over the world. I know they sold their home but can't remember where they live when they're (rarely) not traveling.

We are likely to be away from home for up to 13-15 weeks but it is spread out over numerous trips and some are just two weekends with the week in-between, others are 4 weeks away.

3 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are likely to be away from home for up to 13-15 weeks but it is spread out over numerous trips and some are just two weekends with the week in-between, others are 4 weeks away.

Thanks, kiddo. That seems quite reasonable...totally by my MO. Not that that means a single thing 🙂 

Cath

17 hours ago, julie3fan said:

Cancelling February already!?  I haven't heard of any that far out.  125% credit is nice...I hope you have a good alternate!

Ha, Odyssey was delayed as the ship caught fire, twice, during construction so all the November 2020 till April 2021 or so have now been canceled, not a COVID issue although I guess that didn't help with the delay.

And the alternative has been booked, so now I'm 407 days out