Luckyladyh

Private Driver/Car Service - Lucerne/Basel

Couldn't find a board for Switzerland to post this question, so thought maybe some of you river cruisers may know the answer.

Anyone ever hired a private driver to take them from Lucerne to Basel to the river boat dock area? We will be in Lucerne two days before we embark on the Avalon Visonary in late June.

We are a party of four - we know there are trains, but with the luggage and having to probably ride a cab once we got to Basel, thought perhaps to look at hiring a private driver/car service from Lucerne to Basel - direct into the port.

I have done this many times in Rome and other areas and found it quite calming and a great way to go up to an hour distance - especially since we don't speak the languages.

Thoughts? We are also going to do this in Paris when I find that board to post on! Thanks!

Couldn't find a board for Switzerland to post this question, so thought maybe some of you river cruisers may know the answer.

Anyone ever hired a private driver to take them from Lucerne to Basel to the river boat dock area? We will be in Lucerne two days before we embark on the Avalon Visonary in late June.

We are a party of four - we know there are trains, but with the luggage and having to probably ride a cab once we got to Basel, thought perhaps to look at hiring a private driver/car service from Lucerne to Basel - direct into the port.

I have done this many times in Rome and other areas and found it quite calming and a great way to go up to an hour distance - especially since we don't speak the languages.

Thoughts? We are also going to do this in Paris when I find that board to post on! Thanks!

Wrote on your other post about Basel-Luzerne and have a good car service recommendation for Paris if you're still looking. Email me at amcarlisle4 AT yahoo DOT com if you're interested in that name.

Andy