Steel Drums and Caribbean Music Coming Back

sjcruiser

Was on the Dream in March. I am pushing 50. As a musician, I don't like DJs anyway. But, I would say that DJ Charles played a "decent" mix of new and old at a reasonable volume. We enjoyed the solo guitarists at various times as well. The TV is great for the movies at night, but they should come up with something during the day that is different than watching Tina Turner in concert over and over...or shut it off. Maybe just a carribean photo montage with some background music??

Well whatever is played i look forward to some variety. I enjoy live music alot. I actually enjoyed the DJ on the Glory however I am singing the songs I heard over and over and over and over nonstop now! LOL

According to John Heald on his FB page, our voice has been heard by the beards at Carnival. Steel drums and caribbean music are coming back to the Lido Deck.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnHeald

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been bummed ever since the steel drums left........NOW, I have something else to look forward to!!!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

Yahoooooooooooooooooo.............................:D

Edited by cattipillar
spelling errors

I would not expect steel drums in Alaska...silence fits the mood....I loved when we were on the Carnival Freedom coming into the DR...we were met with a steel drum band....that fits the mood

In the 90's on full days at sea, late in the afternoon on the lido deck,it was nice to have the steel drum band play and ebjoy TDOTD...band would plsy for 30 minutes...fit the mood

I can listen to DJ's spinning loud music when I am at home...don't need to hear it at sea

Most cruisers as they are packing for their cruise will put on a CD of island music which features steel drums...it puts us in the mood