Dawn Princess pulled from Australia.

Kiwi Kruzer

The P&O Australia website is just showing the Dawn sailing there in November 2006 (only voyage showing up on their website is the 28-day circumnavigation), but not other voyages. The Princess website (which is notoriously slow to post updated info on cruises far in the future) shows the Septmber 26, 2006 transpacific and then no other sailings until the March 12, 2007 transpacific.

At this stage I think they are just rebooking passengers for the Voyage Around Australia on Pacific Princess instead of Dawn.

To cope with the demand Pacific Princess is doing 2 Around Australia Voyages,

1] 11 Nov 05 - 9 Dec 05

2] 28 Feb 07 - 28 March 07

I have been offered the Nov sailing.

I checked the P&O Aust web page this morning and they have removed the section introducing Dawn to Australian cruising,but still no official announcement on the site.

From the follow up fax I received it would appear that Dawn may be sent to South America........time will tell.............

Kiwi, that's interesting because Pacific was supposed to be doing a Sydney to Papeete sailing November 10-29, then a Papeete to Aruba sailing November 29-December 21, then doing a bunch of South America/Caribbean cruises through February including an Amazon River cruise. If they swap the Dawn and the Pacific, would the Dawn even fit in the Amazon? I wonder what prompted them to make the change? It sounded like the Dawn sailings were selling really well, so why put a smaller ship down there? And after the big to-do they made about the Dawn going down there, it's strange that they'd yank her back, there must be some really big reason for the change. I wonder if any of the cruise e-zines will have anything about it tomorrow?

Archived