Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

Cabin size 191sq ft and your balcony 42sq ft and its a connecting cabin.

What will be different in a connecting cabin? Is there a shower or tub? We will be traveling with 9 month old.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Any info on 11120? Thanks in advance!

No sofa and it is a connecting cabin with 11122.

You can get more noise from your neighbours with a connecting cabin as noise can travel through the door more easily than a cabin without a connecting door. Note, I said you can not you definitely will. Last time I had one by accident (or rather my carelessness as I had not checked the deck plan carefully enough) my neighbours were either very quiet and considerate or the cabin had better noise insulation than previously because I didn't hear a thing and they had a young child with them.

LAST MINUTE BOOKING DIVINA 12093. shall I take this? pro/con?

I've marked 12093, it's the balcony above the red line.

It will be affected by the overhang of deck 14 when the sun is high in the sky, so sunshine in the first part of the morning and the latteer part of the afternoon should be on the balcony (provided that the sun is on that side of the ship. remember that the chances are 50:50 of having the sun on your side of the ship.

As for 12088 it has a better field of view than 12093, but the balconmy is standard size.

I would take 12093 as the chances are that that there will be sunshine on the outermost part of the balcony and shade on the inner most part

12093 Balcony

68ef93d4-495a-4974-9987-d9f939a760f0.jpg

A view of the ship where you can see the effect of the shadow of deck 14 your cabin will at the rear of the forward hump but on the other side of the ship, It shows that your balcony would have shade on it if the sun was as high as it is in this image. count up from the 3rd life boat from the right and you get 3 rows of balconies with sun Deck 8,9,10 and then the 4th and 5th , deck 11 ,12,row up in the shadows( all dark) and then you get deck 13 hardly visible at all finally you get the dark band of the windows of deck 14

As the sun is coming from the front of the ship the corner balconies facing rearwards have shadow on them whilst tghe forward facing ones (except deck 13 have sun on them

divina.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hello, does anyone have a pic of what a cove hull steel balcony looks like on the Divina (up close). I am booked in room 9037. Do you know if there is a sofa couch in there and if there is a bathtub? I was informed that it is a B2. Thank you in advance.

Here's an image from the locked thread of cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

Here's an image from the locked thread of cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

I had a cabin 9035.The balcony looked exactly like this posted by pete (a great disappointment). If you are not really tall,you cannot see over the railing while sitting. The cabin has a sofa but not a bathtub.

I would not book it again as I really enjoy sitting on my balcony looking down at the water,which in this case was impossible.

And yes,the cabin was B2.

Hope it helps.

We stayed on the 9th and and our friends - on the 10th (both even #s). Room was exactly identical (same layout & footage) but 10th was higher category. The difference? Bathrobes.

Bathrobes available in any balcony cabin you should just ask your room attendant to bring you one if he forgot .

Hi! I've been lurking for a while and almost ready to purchase on MSC. Lots of great info here (thanks!). New to cruising so looking for some help. :)

Curious about balcony cabins. The description on all the sites I've seen (including MSC's) has been identical, yet there are three main categories (B1, B2, and B3) and then some sites have additional levels (which don't always match to deck #s so I'm not quite sure what they are). Would it be safe to assume that B3 is larger than B2, and B2 is larger than B1? Or is it just a distinction based on location of the cabin? Larger balconies?

Most of the descriptions I've read state the balcony cabins have 148-200 sq ft plus 34-124 sq ft balcony. And MSC shows the same exact description for B1, B2 and B3. The deck plans I've seen don't really show much detail re the balcony, so that's not much help (other than some obvious special locations, such as the four cabins with double-wide balconies).

I'm looking forward to spending time on the balcony reading and relaxing, without be forced to deal with crowds on deck. So if a larger balcony is more assured with B3 then I'll buy it vs the others, etc. I'm assuming that the vast majority of cabins have 148 sq ft and 34 sq ft balcony, and only a few exceptions are larger. If true, which are those larger cabins/balconies?

I suspect I'd prefer a cabin centrally located. I have read the advice for a deck not adjacent to a public space (above or below) which I will definitely follow - relative quiet would be nice.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and explanations re balcony cabins!

I never care about categ. I book balcony cabin - mid ship- lower deck as possible , cabins around me. ) Now after one mistake ,I make sure it’s not connected cabin or in front of some storage space . General rule for me – cabins around me and above me) Sofa bed or not you can see on deck plans .

Regarding cabin 10218, I am rethinking this cabin since it has been mentioned on this thread that it is one of the "smaller" ones without a sofa. The deck plans are very confusing since this cabin appears to be in the same cat.B2/color as the ones further past. The only cabins still available are also in the same area. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any pictures? It sure looks like a regular size cabin! Any comments are welcomed....thanks

Wow, what a great topic!! Exactly what I was looking forJ

What is the best option for interior stateroom? Are they all the same size? Which room would be the best choice?

There are 3 different room sizes 138, 167, 169 sq ft.

Regarding cabin 10218, I am rethinking this cabin since it has been mentioned on this thread that it is one of the "smaller" ones without a sofa. The deck plans are very confusing since this cabin appears to be in the same cat.B2/color as the ones further past. The only cabins still available are also in the same area. Has anyone stayed in this cabin or have any pictures? It sure looks like a regular size cabin! Any comments are welcomed....thanks

10218 is not one of the smaller ones 191 sqft and it has a bigger angled balcony.

would you know cabin numbers for 167 or 169 sq?

The 169 sqft are the ones that are marked for 3-4 people. The 167 sqft are scattered for example 10125-10133, 11107 & 11111, 11272-11276 and 11137- 11157. Hope it helps you.

If this thread is still being monitored, does anyone have the dimensions for the following?

10085 (Inside, flipped)

8063 (Inside)

5043 (Inside)

8146 (Outside)

5041 (Outside)

Thank you!

Does anyone have info on cabin 10242? I stayed in 9235, and it looks like they're about the same except that the deck plan shows 10242 as having a double sofa bed. 9235 had a sofa. Would I notice any difference if I don't try to use the sofa bed? Are the cabins and balconies about the same size in both cabins?

If this thread is still being monitored, does anyone have the dimensions for the following?

10085 (Inside, flipped)

8063 (Inside)

5043 (Inside)

8146 (Outside)

5041 (Outside)

Thank you!

10085 will be 169 sq ft but would you want a whole wall shared with a lift shaft:- "OH the noise , the noise" (paraphrasing quasimodo)

8063 will be 169 sq ft

5063 is 186 sq ft

8146 is 185 sq ft

5041 is 186 sq ft

Edited by Skier52

Does anyone have info on cabin 10242? I stayed in 9235, and it looks like they're about the same except that the deck plan shows 10242 as having a double sofa bed. 9235 had a sofa. Would I notice any difference if I don't try to use the sofa bed? Are the cabins and balconies about the same size in both cabins?

There should be no difference apparent in the cabin or balcony sizes

10085 (Inside, flipped)

8063 (Inside)

5043 (Inside)

8146 (Outside)

5041 (Outside)

Thank you!

Stay away from 10085.