Cruise Critic Community
dvdkndy

How many photos have you come back with on your camera?

Just back off the Paradise for a 5 day to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Trying to upload all of my photos so I can do a really good review. 1,209 photos is what I have to go through. Is that excessive?

Just makes me curious how many photos have you come back with?

Uploading all the pictures to Photobucket now so we will see how long this takes!

Keep your eyes open when the review comes out! :D

Just back off the Paradise for a 5 day to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Trying to upload all of my photos so I can do a really good review. 1,209 photos is what I have to go through. Is that excessive?

Uploading all the pictures to Photobucket now so we will see how long this takes!

Thats a lot ofr for a 5 day cruise. Had over 2,000 for a 12 day med cruise. Look forward to your review.

That is a lot for a 5 day cruise. I had around 2000 for a 10 day Med Cruise with a 2 day stay in Rome. For a 7 day Caribbean cruise I normally have around 800-1000 + video.

I had like 2500 from my last cruise, though it was the Valor cruise with 5 ports + San Juan, plus it was my first time on Valor so lots of ship pics too. It was a lot, but divided over 6 ports and the ship it did not seem too excessive, especially once I deleted the duplicates, blurry ones, etc.

We had close to 1000 pictures for our 1st cruise. Last cruise about 700 so I don't think it is that bad. Looking forward to your review.

Last cruise and land in Alaska I had 4800 (2 weeks) for a 13 day trip to Greece I had 6800, so 1200 for a 5 day is nothing.

I am a picture hog...

Seeing as you have atleast 2 kids (per your avatar), I could only imagine you had to take multiple pictures to get kids in the right spots, eyes open, etc. So, that many pictures seems normal to me...

PS. I have 4 kids and even taking 2 of them to the local animal park with their preschool and ended up with over 350 pictures. I have a multi-click, that takes up to 5 pictures back to back immediately. It really eats up my SD card quickly but I love making sure that I got one picture, with the child's eyes open..

I typically come back with 3,000 to 4,000 pictures on a 10-day cruise, but 90 percent are underwater photos. I love digital!

This post made me laugh, bringing me back to my first digital camera. I came back with 12 pictures. I filled the card.

I came back with about 5300 on 2 week Alaska cruise a couple of years ago and 3700 on our 2 week Norwegian cruises last year.

I tend to be really picky with what I take pictures of. Even then, I usually come back with around 500-600 photos.

Last Cruise was the s. Carribean on the Victory and I came home with just over 800 pics on the camera

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

Not very many at all. Lol thats why I've never done a pic review. I keep telling myself next cruise i am going to go pic crazy, but allways forget.

I had over 3000 on our 5 day on the Elation last year, plus another 2500 in NOLA.

When I went to DC I had over 5000 in 3 days, and in NYC I ended up with a whopping 7500 in 3 days! I'm kind of a photo hound. Ha!

I am a picture hog...

Seeing as you have atleast 2 kids (per your avatar), I could only imagine you had to take multiple pictures to get kids in the right spots, eyes open, etc. So, that many pictures seems normal to me...

We have never cruised with our kids before so I can imagine that the picture number would go through the roof! This was just a daddy and mommy trip with some friends.

I think I take so many because I want to do the review. When I do a review, I really want to do it from a point of view that I would like to read after personally. I like to see reviews with pictures so hopefully that seems to make sense.

Not very many at all. Lol thats why I've never done a pic review. I keep telling myself next cruise i am going to go pic crazy, but allways forget.

That's us. Did 2 in a row without even taking the camera out of the safe!

Now with smart phones that has changed a little bit.

300-400 on my one camera, about the same on my underwater camera. Nice thing about digital, don't like it-delete.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We usually take between 500 & 700 photos. I'm glad I'll not the only one who takes a lot or more photos.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Holy CRAP, people. Do you even get to ENJOY your vacations?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I take 200-300 on an 8 night cruise, and thought THAT was a lot.

Clearly, it's not.:o

I fill up a dozen SDHD cards, and come back with about 4-8 thousand images between an SLR and one or two point-and-shoots. But I may take as many as 50 of the same subject (nature), so when I've culled everything down, I may have about 100 keepers.

It took me a couple of years to get used the idea of clicking dozens of shots of the same subject -- still holding onto worrying about the cost of film and photo developing from the old days. When shooting super close-up photos of butterflies and other insects, and wildflowers that sway in the tiniest breeze, it's possible that only one or two shots are crisp and free of motion blur, so I click away like a maniac. Other than a tiny bit of camera wear and tear, clicking digital photos is basically free. It still feels odd to throw out dozens of perfectly good digital images, but unless you want to bore the daylights out of people with fifty views of the same Caribbean sunset, and swamp your hard drive with half a million photos, then it's important to cull.

Edited by larkz

My first cruise I think I had about 2000. My last cruise maybe 500. The thing is I had already been to the ports so it was more taking pics of the ship etc.

Now when my boyfriend and I went to San Diego last year between cell phones, water camera, point and shoot and DSLR we had over 3000:eek:

I fill up a dozen SDHD cards, and come back with about 4-8 thousand images between an SLR and one or two point-and-shoots. But I may take as many as 50 of the same subject (nature), so when I've culled everything down, I may have about 100 keepers.

It took me a couple of years to get used the idea of clicking dozens of shots of the same subject -- still holding onto worrying about the cost of film and photo developing from the old days. When shooting super close-up photos of butterflies and other insects, and wildflowers that sway in the tiniest breeze, it's possible that only one or two shots are crisp and free of motion blur, so I click away like a maniac. Other than a tiny bit of camera wear and tear, clicking digital photos is basically free. It still feels odd to throw out dozens of perfectly good digital images, but unless you want to bore the daylights out of people with fifty views of the same Caribbean sunset, and swamp your hard drive with half a million photos, then it's important to cull.

Do you have a public photo album? Would love to see some of your nature pics!