Speciality Dining - Help!

Rebababoo

I wouldn't pay full price for Qsine. I know these things are subjective but to us, Qsine was all about style over taste and for the money should be both . We paid $30 each and would debate it being worth even that. Sure it made for some fun photo Ops, but the MDR was preferable for us.

Bistro on Five is quite good, although in 15 nights I never managed to stop in, and I'm disappointed in myself.

Edited by Gig103

Could anyone advise me as to how many speciality restaurants there are on Celebrity Eclipse that you need to pay extra for and whether they would recommend them? Thanks.

While we've not been on the Eclipse, we enjoyed the Tuscan Grille on Solstice very much. We've eaten at Bistro on 5 on both Solstice and Summit (twice each cruise). In fact, Bo5 is my favorite lunch spot on embarkation day - for $5.00 per person it is a wonderful way to avoid the madhouse in the buffet that first day!

We have eaten at all the speciality restaurants.

Qsine - We like the food and the presentation, fun and quirky.

Murano - Lovely place for a romantic meal, the food was top notch.

Tuscan Grill - Our favourite, loved the starters, steaks & puddings!! Our kind of place.

Bistro on Five - Our place of choice for lunch on the first day and maybe once more during the cruise. Worth the $5 cost. The service was great this time, the cruise before it was appalling.

We have booked the five dinner package, gives a good discount off the price. We know that we will eat at these places, so the package works well for us. The package gives you five meals at either Qsine, Murano or Tuscan Grill)

Edited by jomf

We've eaten in all 4 speciality venues on Eclipse, and will again next month when we're back on.

Bistro on Five is fantastic value and my preference for embarkation day lunch, avoiding the crowds in the Oceanview Cafe. You can have three courses if you want (soup/salad, savoury crêpe, sweet crêpe) and the food is fabulous and freshly made.

Murano is my favourite speciality restaurant on Eclipse and well worth a visit. Is has a lovely, intimate atmosphere and the foot is, IMO, the best you'll get on the ship.

Qsine is a tapas-style tour of the world, with every dish inspired by flavours from a particular culinary region of the world. Great for sharing, especially in larger groups. If there are only two of you, ask for smaller portions to try more things! Great presentation (with iPad menus) and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely the most fun venue on the ship!

Tuscan Grill is a big American-Italian steak place. The food I had here was excellent, but last May I was on a diet, my appetite was tiny and we made the mistake of coming on embarkation day. There was simply too much food so we didn't enjoy it. Looking forward to going next month to try it all again (with a larger appetite this time!)

Last year I did a daily blog from Eclipse, the first post of the series can be found here:

http://duncanwrites.co.uk/2013/05/celebrity-eclipse-first-thoughts/

I imagine the itinerary won't interest you, but there are plenty of photos of the ship and the food to whet your appetite!

As an aside, I wouldn't actually recommend buying a dinner package before you sail. Both times I've cruised with Celebrity there have been discounts available on restaurant reservations (up to 50%, depending on how quiet they are).

Bon Appétit!

Edited by dst87

We have booked the five dinner package, gives a good discount off the price. We know that we will eat at these places, so the package works well for us. The package gives you five meals at either Qsine, Murano or Tuscan Grill)

Did you find that Celebrity booked you in for your first dinner on the first night of the cruise? We have also booked the 5 dinner package, but were hoping to use it later in the cruise, and to take advantage of any first nigh discounts they might be offering? Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called Celebrity about this yesterday, and was told that when you purchase the package they select the venue for your first night, you choose the time. Apparently once on board the maitre d contacts you to arrange the remaining nights, places and times. There is a limit on how many times you go to each place. My understanding is that on Eclipse it is twice in Tuscan grill and Qusine, and once to Murano. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we booked the package they asked which night and time we wanted. There was only the choice of the first or second night. They will pick the restaurant for you.

As we will go to all three of them we don't mind which one when!

I am sure that if when we board we want to change the restaurant then we possibly could!

The package gives a good discount. We found last year that there was very little to be had in discounts for the speciality restaurants.