Rome Cabs

SID1962

The usual waiting time is one hour for incoming flights.  Drivers are released after that time.  

Just back from "X" cruise from/to Civitavecchia and used "Bob's Limo" for three trips: arrival FCO to Rome hotel, Rome to the port on embarkation day, and port to FCO on returning to Civitavecchia.  "Bob's Limo" drivers were all on time, professional, good vehicles, and good drivers.  Our flights to and from FCO were all on-time.

We used Rome cabs for our transportation from the airport to our hotel, our hotel to the cruise port and also cruise port back to airport.  I will start with our airport pick-up.  We were not sure exactly how that would go with customs and picking up bags add Covid protocols.  Well it was Flawless...Our driver was waiting right outside of bag-claim , sign in hand with our names and a huge welcome Smile!  Helpful and great conversation.  We had to make a couple of changes with pickup times for the next 2 rides. Not a problem at all!!  Every time our driver was waiting with a smile!  I can not say enough positive things about this company!  They will be our first choice EVERY time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a slightly late post. We used Stefano's early June. Michele picked us up at the airport and as usual, it was a smooth, professional transfer. It was obvious to him that we were beyond tired and that we were familiar with Rome, so he slowed down giving us a running commentary and was happy to talk and answer questions concerning current conditions. 

Savino picked us up at our hotel three days later to take us to Civitavecchia with a stop at Lake Bracciano.  Our friends had not visited the Castello Odescalchi before, so we booked a guided tour.  The Castello dropped the ball and there wasn't a guide available for us.  Savino immediately contacted the office and we got an instant refund of the tour and a discount on the transfer.  They were very apologetic and helpful.  We did tour the castle on our own and went on to a wonderful lunch in Ceri.

Yes, we do recommend Stefano's Rome Cabs. 

Edited by marazul
  • Like 2

Possibly a stupid question  - if there is a taxi strike in Italy/Rome, are these vehicles included in the strike or considered private hires or something? Would I be better off booking transfers through our hotel for a car service? Thanks.

Linda

Anyone use Rome cabs for a transfer from port to fco with a late departure time…we have a 3:00 departure…not sure what time we should be picked up at the port and if there is somewhere to visit before drop off at the airport 

2 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Anyone use Rome cabs for a transfer from port to fco with a late departure time…we have a 3:00 departure…not sure what time we should be picked up at the port and if there is somewhere to visit before drop off at the airport 

Go on their website.  There are transfers with tours. They will let you know the time you should get picked up. 

Another satisfied customer here!  We used Rome Cabs for a transfer from Civitavecchia to our Rome hotel post cruise and then from the hotel to FCO.  Both transfers were comfortable, on-time, and without issue.   Highly recommend them!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We always use  Rome cabs and just recently again  for three transfers for our recent cruise. FCO to Civitavecchia port, Civitavecchia to Rome to spend a few days in the city and finally Rome to airport. Service as always first class. Drivers always on time, polite and professional. We actually arrived at FCO slightly early, but they had clearly been tracking and immediately had a text telling us driver was on his was and another driver from Rome cabs was looking out for us. Wouldn’t ever use anyone else and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend. First class service. 

I'm in the process of making our bookings (to & from port) with Rome Cabs.  Question:  How do I know which Pier the Odyssey will be at for purposes of the pickup and transfer to FCO?  We have very early flights so I don't want to mess this up.  The online booking form asks me for the Pier number.  I did a pretty good Internet search and could not find any specific information (such as Odyssey always docks at "Pier X"). Thanks in advance!

4 minutes ago, RicoRoxy said:

I'm in the process of making our bookings (to & from port) with Rome Cabs.  Question:  How do I know which Pier the Odyssey will be at for purposes of the pickup and transfer to FCO?  We have very early flights so I don't want to mess this up.  The online booking form asks me for the Pier number.  I did a pretty good Internet search and could not find any specific information (such as Odyssey always docks at "Pier X"). Thanks in advance!

Leave it blank.  Rome Cabs will look it up when it is assigned closer to the date.

Edited by marazul

How do people pay for their rides…it’s says either in Euros (cash) or credit card when you made the reservation…has anyone had experience paying by credit card the day of or a couple of days before their transfer…trying to figure out how many Euros I need to bring with us.

13 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

How do people pay for their rides…it’s says either in Euros (cash) or credit card when you made the reservation…has anyone had experience paying by credit card the day of or a couple of days before their transfer…trying to figure out how many Euros I need to bring with us.

According to their web site, you can pay in Euros to the driver or you can prepay via paypal or credit card online when you book your transfer.

14 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Pay online ahead of time and print or save the screen shot of the receipt just in case. You will have no problems. 

As for how many euros to bring, it is always a good idea to have a minimum of 100-200 euros with you in case of emergencies.   You can use your ATM card to get more once you are there. If you have any leftover, save them for your next trip.  At the current exchange rate that is also a good investment!

Edited by marazul

1 minute ago, marazul said:

Pay online the day before and print or save the screen shot of the receipt just in case. You will have no problems. 

As for how many euros to bring, it is always a good idea to have a minimum of 100-200 euros with you in case of emergencies.   You can use your ATM card to get more once you are there. If you have any leftover, save them for your next trip.  At the current exchange rate that is also a good investment!

Thanks that’s good to know..I just didn’t want to pay a couple of months ago when I made the reservations…there is so much uncertainty with travel these days 

1 minute ago, Susanb10567 said:

Thanks that’s good to know..I just didn’t want to pay a couple of months ago when I made the reservations…there is so much uncertainty with travel these days 

I updated the answer to "pay ahead of time" since the actual day before you are probably at the airport or on the plane.  Just pay when you are comfortable doing so. 

How far "north" has anyone used Rome Cabs? We had 1 of their drivers meet us at Livorno for a Florence/Pisa/Lucca 2 day tour. I was wondering about Ravenna or maybe La Spezia. Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, Hokiecruisergal said:

We just returned from Celebrity Edge cruise from Rome to Barcelona Aug 13-20,2022. We have used them before and found that the service we received was just as great. We flew in the day before the cruise, driver was at the airport early and got us to the hotel early. He was great! On cruise day, Michele picked us up, again early. It was raining and he had umbrella to keep us dry, got everything loaded and off we went. He was engaging, pointing out sights a long the way. When we got to the port, he made sure porter got our bags and made sure that all was well before he left. I can not recommend them any higher- don't book with anyone else if you want a stress free beginning or end to your cruise!

So glad to hear…we are boarding the Edge on 9/3 and are using Rome Cabs for 3 different rides.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, gotcha3 said:

How far "north" has anyone used Rome Cabs? We had 1 of their drivers meet us at Livorno for a Florence/Pisa/Lucca 2 day tour. I was wondering about Ravenna or maybe La Spezia. Anyone have any experience? Thanks in advance.

We are using them in October for a transport from Rome to the Pisa area and then from Pisa to Civitavecchia a week later. Price was good and I expect the service to be as good as all the posts I've read here. 

43 minutes ago, GarCat88 said:

We are sailing from Civitavecchia in October. We will be using Rome Cabs to get us from our hotel in Rome to the port. What time should we ask for a pick up?

Rome Cabs will tell you. Let them know at what time you need to be at the port.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent service! On this last visit to Italy we used Rome Cabs Service to transfer from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to Port (Civitaveccia) and Port to Florence. On all 3 services they were punctual, friendly and very respectful drivers.  

Regarding paying at the time of reservation (from some posts above)...

We are doing a shared ride from Rome to the port with Rome Cabs in November. The person who booked the trip on behalf of the rest of us says he was told we can all pay the driver with a credit card. I'm hoping this still holds.

I should add that we're also doing a tour of Rome with them the day before going to the port and my confirmation says we can pay the driver with a credit card.

Edited by schmoopie17

14 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Regarding paying at the time of reservation (from some posts above)...

We are doing a shared ride from Rome to the port with Rome Cabs in November. The person who booked the trip on behalf of the rest of us says he was told we can all pay the driver with a credit card. I'm hoping this still holds.

I should add that we're also doing a tour of Rome with them the day before going to the port and my confirmation says we can pay the driver with a credit card.

The driver used to carry a portable "Square" type of credit card scanner, but I was confirmed by Romes Cab that they have discontinued it now, because the wireless connection is hit or miss. They will ONLY accept cash if you pay the driver during the ride. The only way to pay by  credit card is to prepay on their website through the reservation link.