Rome Cabs

SID1962

Oh lucky you to be seeing Stefano again!!!

He did our Etruscan/lake bracciano/Ceri/ceveteri day tour in 2012.

He never ceases to amaze[emoji106]

Luvtheships, we too, have done this same tour. In fact, I just posted about it on MYDREAMVACATION'S post # 124 .... It's all about that tour and and our 3 days in Rome with Stefano on our last trip! Which was also in 2012. There have been some health and financial issues that have kept us away since then, but we hope to see him again in the near future.

Luvtheships, we too, have done this same tour. In fact, I just posted about it on MYDREAMVACATION'S post # 124 .... It's all about that tour and and our 3 days in Rome with Stefano on our last trip! Which was also in 2012. There have been some health and financial issues that have kept us away since then, but we hope to see him again in the near future.

I especially loved going inside the Etruscan tombs

He is so smart.

I have a fun Stefano story....after our 2008 ccl Med cruise we went directly to the airport upon debark ....what was I thinking!!!! Back to Rome it should have been lol!! But I digress

Ok so we are off the ship promptly and it was very very busy....so I casually and calmly say to dh...where is Stefano? I don't see anyone with a sign with our name?

Well that's all I had to say and 3 or 4 limo drivers...none of whom worked for Stefano...said you are looking for Stefano? They called out for him...they waved him over...they made sure we found him!! Btw he was actually close by but we didn't see him due to typical Italian confusion which I love btw...as he certainly was "working the dock" that morning on his cell....checking on his drivers...getting his pax in the limos...etc etc.

The man is a legend in Rome and it's well deserved

Btw there was a bit of a traffic snafu on the Italian roads that morning...nothing new there...but Stefano was on the case...knew about it....and was making sure his drivers were taking alternate routes.

The man is incredible

Edited by luvtheships

I especially loved going inside the Etruscan tombs

He is so smart.

I have a fun Stefano story....after our 2008 ccl Med cruise we went directly to the airport upon debark ....what was I thinking!!!! Back to Rome it should have been lol!! But I digress

Ok so we are off the ship promptly and it was very very busy....so I casually and calmly say to dh...where is Stefano? I don't see anyone with a sign with our name?

Well that's all I had to say and 3 or 4 limo drivers...none of whom worked for Stefano...said you are looking for Stefano? They called out for him...they waved him over...they made sure we found him!! Btw he was actually close by but we didn't see him due to typical Italian confusion which I love btw...as he certainly was "working the dock" that morning on his cell....checking on his drivers...getting his pax in the limos...etc etc.

The man is a legend in Rome and it's well deserved

Btw there was a bit of a traffic snafu on the Italian roads that morning...nothing new there...but Stefano was on the case...knew about it....and was making sure his drivers were taking alternate routes.

The man is incredible

We did not do the Etruscan Tombs which is sometimes is part of what we did do. One of our traveling companions is claustrophobic, so that was out!

LOVE the story about your pick up .... YES, he is a legend ... well deserved, as you said. And an incredible human being ... with a head full of KNOWLEDGE, not ego!!!

We just used RomeCabs for the second time. Both times our experience was top notch. We had them pick us up at the port of Civitaveccia and take us to our hotel near Rome. We exited the terminal 5 minutes before our appointed time, and Andrea was there waiting with a sign with my name on it and a smile. (FYI--cab pick up at this port is right outside the terminal, little walking involved). We needed a car big enough for 6 of us and luggage, and RomeCabs delivered--it was a very nice. comfortable van with AC and plenty of room. Equally good was their email contact beforehand. They were quick with emails and answered all our questions. Had we been going to the airport, the price with RomeCabs for 6 of us would have been about 1/2 the price of the ship's transfer. and we would have been in charge of our departure time, not the ship. I would have no reservations using them again!

Our family just used romecabs for 5 separate transfers both pre and post cruise and each service was just perfect. Good , clean vehicles - safe drivers - turned up early each time and at the specified place - email contact was very quick and efficient. Excellent service - I highly recommend them and will use them next time we are back in Rome. Well worth the money but if you can share with another couple it's actually quite cheap compared to other types of transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

We just used Romecabs for their VIP transfer from FCO to our hotel and the Rome countryside tour to get from our hotel in Rome to the port.

In both cases, drivers were early, professional, and highly informative.

The VIP transfer was a great intro to the sights of Rome and our driver took us to a few places we would not have thought to visit.The countryside tour took us to the town of Ceri, a medieval town not to be missed (see Dame at Sea's review), among a few other places.

Arrived at port between 1 and 2 PM

Will definitely use Romecabs again and HIGHLY recommend them

We just used Romecabs for their VIP transfer from FCO to our hotel and the Rome countryside tour to get from our hotel in Rome to the port.

The VIP transfer was a great intro to the sights of Rome and our driver took us to a few places we would not have thought to visit.The countryside tour took us to the town of Ceri, a medieval town not to be missed (see Dame at Sea's review), among a few other places.

I'm glad you posted that! I already have our transfer from Rome to the port booked, but I may look into switching it to the countryside tour. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so happy that you had a great experience with Romecabs! And it makes me feel great that you valued my review, too! I'm sure you will be a repeat client, as are we! Next time, try Astia Antic and also remember that now have tours in some of the other Italian ports ... some great ones throughout Tuscany! Thank you for taking the time to give them a shout out!

Pat

I'm glad you posted that! I already have our transfer from Rome to the port booked, but I may look into switching it to the countryside tour. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Cindy

Cindy, you won't be sorry! It's a great tour! Also, check into other ports/tours on their website. Stefano goes to great detail to make all of the tour experiences unique and very special. I can't say enough great things about Romecabs ... They bring Italy ALIVE!

Come back here when you return to let me know what you thought!

Bon Voyage,

Pat

Cindy, you won't be sorry! It's a great tour! Also, check into other ports/tours on their website. Stefano goes to great detail to make all of the tour experiences unique and very special. I can't say enough great things about Romecabs ... They bring Italy ALIVE!

Come back here when you return to let me know what you thought!

Bon Voyage,

Pat

I sent them an e-mail requesting information. Unfortunately, I don't want to leave at 9:00 (I'm in an apartment with a washer and dryer so I have a job to do that morning!:D).I'd love to see some of those sights, so I asked if they would do a shorter "scenic drive" to the port with some photo stops, but without the time needed to tour the castle or stop for lunch.

Edited by Cindy

I sent them an e-mail requesting information. Unfortunately, I don't want to leave at 9:00 (I'm in an apartment with a washer and dryer so I have a job to do that morning!:D).I'd love to see some of those sights, so I asked if they would do a shorter "scenic drive" to the port with some photo stops, but without the time needed to tour the castle or stop for lunch.

Hopefully, they can tailor something to your needs. Knowing them, I suspect they will and that you will have a wonderful experience ... even if it must be shorter. :)

Hopefully, they can tailor something to your needs. Knowing them, I suspect they will and that you will have a wonderful experience ... even if it must be shorter. :)

They did, and I've already reserved it![emoji1] We're going to take the "scenic route" to the port, leaving Rome at 10:00 and arriving in Civitavecchia between 12:30 and 1:00. We're going to do photo stops at Bracciano Lake and in the town of Ceri, but not tour the castle or stop for lunch.

I'm really glad you posted your experience. Our cruise isn't until April, but I'm booking and paying for things in advance to take advantage of the exchange rate (and to spread out the costs). When I reserved Rome Cabs this wasn't available, and I was wondering if there was anything worth seeing between Rome and the ship. Question answered!

Cindy

They did, and I've already reserved it![emoji1] We're going to take the "scenic route" to the port, leaving Rome at 10:00 and arriving in Civitavecchia between 12:30 and 1:00. We're going to do photo stops at Bracciano Lake and in the town of Ceri, but not tour the castle or stop for lunch.

I'm really glad you posted your experience. Our cruise isn't until April, but I'm booking and paying for things in advance to take advantage of the exchange rate (and to spread out the costs). When I reserved Rome Cabs this wasn't available, and I was wondering if there was anything worth seeing between Rome and the ship. Question answered!

Cindy

Cindy, you will leave Rome with a few extra special memories! I hope you will share your experience after your cruise in the Spring!

Appreciate all the info on Rome Cabs.

We have booked two services (airport to hotel and hotel to port) and received an email after booking, asking to confirm. We immediately did so.

We have not yet been asked to provide our credit card number to guarantee services. I thought that was a requirement. Should I be contacting Rome Cabs or not?

Thanks,

Marion

We have booked two services (airport to hotel and hotel to port) and received an email after booking, asking to confirm. We immediately did so.

We have not yet been asked to provide our credit card number to guarantee services. I thought that was a requirement. Should I be contacting Rome Cabs or not?

Thanks,

Marion

Marion, in the past it has always been pay in cash on the day of service. However, that may have changed. So it is best to send them a quick email inquiring. :):):)

Cindy

If Stefano will be your driver just an FYI he is an Etruscan buff. When we did our port tour with him we did Ceri ceveteri lake bracciano and we did tour the castle and tour the Etruscan tombs too

8 hour tour but Stefano the great can tweak any tour to to satisfy any customer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Thanks,

Marion

We just used Rome Cabs for transport from the port into Rome and then from our Rome hotel to FCO. Service was excellent. Cars were clean and comfortable. Drivers very courteous and arrived on time(even a bit early). You pay with Euros when you arrive at your destination. Enjoy your trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Marion

Marion. Just wanted to chime in about RomeCabs. We used them on 9/28 from the airport in Rome to our hotel in Rome, on 9/30 from Rome to Civitavecchia, and again on 10/13 from Civitavecchia back to Rome. Communication was flawless, as was the service. Payment was in Euro at the end of the service, no deposit required. The drivers were friendly and easy to find. The cost from the airport to the hotel in Rome was 50 euro.... cabs are a flat rate of 48. It's SO much easier to go with RomeCabs!! We had a second couple share the ride with us to/from Civitavecchia. There was absolutely no issue with having 2 different pickup/dropoff spots. I would definitely recommend them! Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks to all who provided info on Romeinlimo. We used them from the airport to the hotel and hotel to Rome Port.

I agree with what everyone said: clean, comfortable cars, courteous drivers who arrive on time (or even 15 minutes early for the port trip which I really appreciated).

I would definitely not look elsewhere the next time we are in Rome.

Marion

Well just to be very clear lady chew as this is a thread about a car service the size of their vehicles and their costs not to mention their high level of efficiency

Rome cabs has different prices for their vehicles in addition to different prices for different length of rides

So if 2 people are traveling light then they could certainly just get a Mercedes sedan. Which is one price. Lower

So if 2 people are traveling with6 to 8 pieces if luggage you must tell rome cabs that fact and they will send a Mercedes can which will have space for the luggage. Although stefano is so efficient he will be sure to confirm the luggage amount

The price will be higher even if just 2 people

So the amount if luggage does matter especially when it is just 2 people

For a group of 3 or more Rome cabs will in most if not all cases suggest a van as the luggage will be the issue even though 3 adults and driver can certainly fit in a sedan the luggage might not

You are absolutely correct. We have three transfers currently booked with Rome Cabs. On every transfer we are limited to one large "checked bag" size and one carryon. If we choose to pack differently, we will require larger vehicles, and pay a higher price. Of the 27 individuals participating, not one had a problem with the luggage limit (the travel period lengths are from 20 to 14 days).

I do understand it is a personal matter, but I, for one am enjoying the new found freedom of simplifying and lightening the load.

Whatever works for you. :)