Cruise Critic Community
dcherry

Dining room for "your time dining"

Do they still assign your party to use a certain dining room for your time dining or do you just go to either of the dining rooms?

on both our cruises there was a specific dining room. We were in the Golden Dining room on the Glory last month.

I believe that typically, the anytime dining room is the forward dining room, lower level. The other dining rooms are used for set-time dining guests.

The MDR will be printed on your card. Something like

Dining Room: Elation

Table: 777

On the Freedom in Dec 2013, it was the lower level of the forward dining room. And yes, it was on the S&S card.

If I am booked for a sitting dinner can I also still use YTD? Say one day I overnap :) Can I wake up and head to YTD dinner instead of my MDR table?

If I am booked for a sitting dinner can I also still use YTD? Say one day I overnap :) Can I wake up and head to YTD dinner instead of my MDR table?

No you can't. They ask for your cabin number and if you are not a YTD guest they will turn you away.

If you miss your dining time, you still have the option of eating in the buffet or one of the other areas (pizza, etc.)

No you can't. They ask for your cabin number and if you are not a YTD guest they will turn you away.

Seriously? :confused:

Seriously? :confused:

If everyone missed their dining time and just walked up for YTD, the waits would become really long I imagine.

If everyone missed their dining time and just walked up for YTD, the waits would become really long I imagine.

All the empty tables would be in the traditional dining room waiting for those they were assigned to, while the traditional diners stole the tables in the dining room that was assigned to Anytime diners leaving no tables for them. Anytime would definately be a failure then. It's different with NCL Freestyle. There is no assigned dining rooms so everyone is free to go where ever/when ever.