MS Veendam Sail-Away-April 24, 2014

aliaschief

Interesting reading on Captain Mercer's blog today. The fuel bill for the MS Amsterdam World Cruise is over six millions dollars!:eek:

Wow that sounds like a lot of fuel.:eek:

Chief, could you post the link to Captain Mercer's blog, thanks.

Just checked the port schedule. Veendam is now posted as a 5:30 arrival. Must be some discouraged passengers who had to check out of hotels and are now waiting longer at the port.

Constellation scheduled for 5.15.

Edited by aliaschief

I was so worried that I had missed her! I hope there is nothing wrong with the Veendam that is causing her to arrive so much later than originally stated late arrival. Well, she has over a month to get all of the kinks and quirks ironed out before I board her. ;)

New arrival time is 6:30. We have been told that first there will be disembarkation of 400 contractors. Then check in will start. We are as comfortable as can be, boxed lunches were provided along with soda, coffee, water and bagged snacks. Two terminals being used to hold us while we wait. Complimentary shuttles are available to the harbor shops or galleria mall. We are anxious to get onboard of course, but without a ship to board, we figure we might as well wait it out haha. We were originally told not to arrive at the pier until 4pm so we walked around with all our luggage. After flying all night and walking all day, we are happy to be waiting in the air conditioning. We are just hoping we won't miss our first port, half moon.

I was so worried that I had missed her! I hope there is nothing wrong with the Veendam that is causing her to arrive so much later than originally stated late arrival. Well, she has over a month to get all of the kinks and quirks ironed out before I board her. ;)

Sounds like the just were behind schedule on the dry dock but it is anyone's guess until we get more accurate information.

Got my "bird" beside me (and no, it's not a girl), HALfacts.com open on 1 tab, PE open in another and see Veendam coming in on the AIS.... only thing better would be to be on a cruise ship.... but this will do. Howdy y'all! :D

Got my "bird" beside me (and no, it's not a girl), HALfacts.com open on 1 tab, PE open in another and see Veendam coming in on the AIS.... only thing better would be to be on a cruise ship.... but this will do. Howdy y'all! :D

Welcome aboard.