New Toilets on Diamond

Lanwood

One last question if you don't mind. Did they still have trivia and, if so, was it in English or Japanese?

I'm considering phoning Princess this morning to discuss some of my concerns. The Japanese flavour wont bother us, but I am not sure there will be a lot for my daughter to do. She's only 26 and since there usually aren't many passengers her age on board, I thought she might like the activities, movies etc. If many are in Japanese, then that limits that option for her too.

Ahh. Trivia is one of the things you will still find in English (Hooray! - at least it was at the time of our cruise. There was one in the morning in Club Fusion, and one in the afternoon in Explorers Lounge.

We are in our Mid 30's now and love princess despite the average age demographic. It fits us nicely. Not to family friendly for us taking time off work to relax. I find it impossible to be bored on the larger ships, but it will depend on your daughters interests. There weren't many passengers that age on the cruise, an many of those where Japanese speaking. (I personally would be perfectly at home in my 20's with my Parents on a Princess cruise - even in my own company. And there's always the fancy Japanese Bidets to give you hours of fun...ha ha ha ha)...

Have they fitted out all cabins?

Ours was a mini suite cabin on this one.

Talking to other passengers in other cabins they also had them fitted. Our Steward told us they made some very big frantic changes just before embarking everyone on in Yokohama. They are really pulling out all the stops to appeal to the Japanese and grow/attract them as a new market.

I wouldn't be supprised (based on a vibe/gut feeling I got while onboard) if Princess remove them all before repositioning back to Australia (and then back on again when back in Japan). I am only voicing a feeling here, so time will tell if I'm right???

Edited by Lanwood

Did they do this to every single toilet on the ship? That's a lot of money surely to spend on some fancy toilet seats. Seems unnecessary to me.

Not if you're Japanese. They are used to having these amenities in hotels, department store rest rooms and, presumably, in their own homes. If Princess wants to attract Japanese tourists bidet toilet seats are a must.

I wouldn't be supprised (based on a vibe/gut feeling I got while onboard) if Princess remove them all before repositioning back to Australia (and then back on again when back in Japan). I am only voicing a feeling here, so time will tell if I'm right???

That would be a shame.

Oh well, this is an added incentive to planning a Japan cruise :)

Lanwood, I'm curious. Are you male?

The reason I ask is that when we were on holiday in Japan we did a short tour. Naturally, the bidet toilet seats were a topic of discussion among the group. The women, including myself, thought they were wonderful, but the men thought they were hilarious.

Those of us with female "plumbing" really appreciated the extra freshness from using the bidet functions.

However I don't recall ever seeing an enema wash function on any that I used.

I thought she might like the activities, movies etc. If many are in Japanese, then that limits that option for her too.Thanks again.

George Clooney's voice is alot deeper in English than Japanese...:D

MUTS did repeat the Movie at 10pm in English (7-8pm session was always Japanese).

Has anyone clarified if these are in the passenger cabins or just public bathrooms throughout the ship.

I find a hand held shower nozzle on the end of a hose is more than sufficient.

I am not too keen or impressed with these new toilets. What about splash-back and germs from other people residing on the mechanics of it and spreading if the toilet is not sufficiently cleaned. I would hate to think that someone else's excrement or urine has some how found its way into some orifice of this device just waiting to be sprayed in someone else's rear end.

That would be so sad :(

Has anyone clarified if these are in the passenger cabins or just public bathrooms throughout the ship.

I find a hand held shower nozzle on the end of a hose is more than sufficient.

I am not too keen or impressed with these new toilets. What about splash-back and germs from other people residing on the mechanics of it and spreading if the toilet is not sufficiently cleaned. I would hate to think that someone else's excrement or urine has some how found its way into some orifice of this device just waiting to be sprayed in someone else's rear end.

Have you ever used one, Karateman?

Do you always shower after using the toilet? Every time?

The nozzles are self-cleaning. There is no more danger of splash-back than there would be from any ordinary toilet that wasn't properly clean.

In most of the ones I've seen the spray nozzle extends out from the toilet seat, usually only once you've pressed the wash button. I very much doubt that there would be any danger of infection from these nozzles.

Also remember that us ladies sit for all functions, and some have extra needs at certain times of the month.

Here is a link to some FAQs about bidet toilet seats.

http://www.royalet.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=2

God forbid you push the wrong button accidentally!!!???!! this is worse than the sucking toilets they had originally!

:rolleyes:

It's only a water spray, or warm air.

:rolleyes:

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

God forbid you push the wrong button accidentally!!!???!! this is worse than the sucking toilets they had originally!

LOL, oh my.

When we are on the ship, I do not want this to become discussion about preference of use. Can you imagine some of the discussion LOL

o.k. here it is.......

120023.jpg

I think another thing in the bathroom to make your visit more comfortable can only be a good thing. My wife wants to know if it has an exhaust fan function?:p

Edited by MicCanberra

LOL, oh my.

When we are on the ship, I do not want this to become discussion about preference of use. Can you imagine some of the discussion LOL

You might get some discussion about them - along the of "Have you tried the wash toilet?" and women will usually add "Aren't they great!".

I think another thing in the bathroom to make your visit more comfortable can only be a good thing. My wife wants to know if it has an exhaust fan function?:p

If it is, or is similar to, the Daewon DIB W1500R then, yes, it has a

"Mechanical deodorization filter

Built-in permanent air filtration. Removes unpleasant odors in your bathroom."

Most of the ones available these days have this. In some cases you have to push a button, but in this case it's probably automatic.

If it is, or is similar to, the Daewon DIB W1500R then, yes, it has a

"Mechanical deodorization filter

Built-in permanent air filtration. Removes unpleasant odors in your bathroom."

Most of the ones available these days have this. In some cases you have to push a button, but in this case it's probably automatic.

Excellent, there is no mercy in close quarters.:D