Yellow fever. Barbados

FloridaLaura

I received a letter from carnival last Oct for my cruise coming up on Sunday I thought it read if I was traveling from an infected area I was required to get a vaccine I am traveling from tampa and San Juan. I am exempt correct. My friend is freaking me out saying I need one .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

I received a letter from carnival last Oct for my cruise coming up on Sunday I thought it read if I was traveling from an infected area I was required to get a vaccine I am traveling from tampa and San Juan. I am exempt correct. My friend is freaking me out saying I need one .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Here is what the CDC says:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/barbados

"There is no risk of yellow fever in Barbados. The government of Barbados requires proof of yellow fever vaccination only if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. This does not include the US. If you are traveling from a country other than the US, check this list to see if you may be required to get the yellow fever vaccine: Countries with risk of yellow fever virus (YFV) transmission."

There is a clickable link on the CDC page that shows countries with risk.

Here is what the CDC says:

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/barbados

"There is no risk of yellow fever in Barbados. The government of Barbados requires proof of yellow fever vaccination only if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. This does not include the US. If you are traveling from a country other than the US, check this list to see if you may be required to get the yellow fever vaccine: Countries with risk of yellow fever virus (YFV) transmission."

There is a clickable link on the CDC page that shows countries with risk.

Thanks Winddawn, you beat me to it. ;-)