Bon Voyage Dawn Princess World Cruise 2014

Yes, I always feel for the crew when they have extra work. Already in my eyes they are seriously overworked & grossly underpaid.

BTW Mic, I've left you a message on the Voyager Roll Call that you might be interested in.

Gae

Cheers, Received and responded.:D

On Serenade of the Seas last year, all of the above, deck closed 6pm to 6am, all curtains closed during above times. If Captain announced 'Safe Haven', and we were out of our stateroom, we were to move away from the windows and walk towards centre of ship.

A day out of Dubai an incident occurred, we followed these instructions and staff ushered us into an internal service area where we stayed for about 35 minutes until the Captain gave the all clear. Afterwards we sighted a helicopter and fixed wing plane overhead and a warship tailing us. All of this because small vessels came too close to the ship and initially refused to retreat. Felt safe at all times . Captain kept us informed while we were in the service area. It was said the 6 armed staff that patrolling the stern daily during the Dubai to Barcelona cruise were navy seals.

Something to talk about when we arrived home

Exciting and a little bit scary at the same time.:D

We had pirate drill on Arcadia 2 years ago, Sydney to Southampton via Asia/Africa. It was 'just act normally.' That's the way, British bulldog spirit don't give into them pirates !!

None of this sit in the corridors with your hands behind your heads. Tom Hanks @ Capt.Phillips would have been proud of us.

Edited by NSWP

We had pirate drill on Arcadia 2 years ago, Sydney to Southampton via Asia/Africa. It was 'just act normally.' That's the way, British bulldog spirit don't give into them pirates !!

None of this sit in the corridors with your hands behind your heads. Tom Hanks @ Capt.Phillips would have been proud of us.

I didn't mind that film. One of his better ones.:D

If anyone is interested , their transit of the Suez Canal can now be tracked on..

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

The convoy they are travelling in , has just left the first part of the canal , from Suez to the Great Bitter Lake. They are now entering the lake and will form another convoy for the last leg , up to Port Said and the Mediterranean Sea.

They are sailing into Piraeus ,for Athens ,as I post.

Heres the itinerary up to Southampton.

Thu 19/06/14 Passage Suez Canal / Egypt 01:00 17:00

Fri 20/06/14 At Sea

Sat 21/06/14 Mykonos / Greece 07:00 18:00

Sun 22/06/14 Piraeus (Athens) / Greece 06:00 16:45

Mon 23/06/14 Kusadasi / Turkey 07:00 13:00

Tue 24/06/14 Istanbul / Turkey 10:00 20:00

Wed 25/06/14 ANZAC Cove (Passage) / Turkey 06:00 14:00

Thu 26/06/14 Santorin / Greece 07:00 16:00

Fri 27/06/14 At Sea

Sat 28/06/14 Kotor / Montenegro 07:00 16:00

Sun 29/06/14 Venice / Italy 14:00

Mon 30/06/14 Venice / Italy 13:00

Tue 01/07/14 Dubrovnik / Croatia 09:00 18:00

Wed 02/07/14 At Sea

Thu 03/07/14 Civitavecchia (Rome) / Italy 07:00 19:00

Fri 04/07/14 Livorno / Italy 07:00 19:00

Sat 05/07/14 Toulon / France 07:00 19:00

Sun 06/07/14 Barcelona / Spain 09:00 22:00

Mon 07/07/14 At Sea

Tue 08/07/14 Gibraltar / Gibraltar 07:00 14:00

Wed 09/07/14 Lisbon / Portugal 09:00 18:00

Thu 10/07/14 At Sea

Fri 11/07/14 At Sea

Sat 12/07/14 Southampton / England 07:00 21:00

Not used to this web site, I am joining the Dawn in NY sailing to sydney, staying overnight in sydney, does anyone know if I will need any kind of visa for the overnight stay before flying back to the US.

Not used to this web site, I am joining the Dawn in NY sailing to sydney, staying overnight in sydney, does anyone know if I will need any kind of visa for the overnight stay before flying back to the US.

This is the government website, where you can apply for ETA on line -

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/visitor-visa-online-applications.aspx?heading=electronic-travel-authority

They have just arrived at Santorini.

Here are a few grabs from the live cams showing the ship anchored in the Caldera.

Once ashore they can take the gondola up the cliff or choose to ride a donkey up the steep path and hopefully avoid all the donkey doo.:D

26santa4_zpsd815d976.jpg

26santa3_zps7407a0fc.jpg

26santa2_zps9623b9f4.jpg

26santa1_zps93bfd992.jpg

26santa5_zpsbde2e47a.jpg

In the last shot you can see the local tender boats that come out to all the cruise ships.Its a great system as the ship saves time not having to use its own tenders and you can go ashore as soon as the ship arrives. They run all day.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer