!!!!!5/10 Vancouver Zuiderdam embarkation!!!!!

frankc98376

But your exposure didn't necessary occur the day your were functioning/before you got sick. I'm not sure the exact incubation of Noro or other viruses but I LMBO when someone says, I was beside someone coughing this morning and after lunch I felt ill - so I must have caught it from them.... [my mother does this when she didn't want to go somewhere - she swears she got sick from the place she didn't want to go instead of - say - the grocery store and walMart the week before]

Once exposed, you may not have symptoms immediately, but the virus is traveling around your gut or your lungs and you can shed the virus. Some people can have/shed a virus and never show symptoms

Of course. I don't think I said anything to the contrary about that. I think you could carry a virus around for a while before. My issue is that I doubt very much if people that don't know which end to put on the toilet are out roaming the ship. I've heard that posted before.

From the CDC website about noro incubation

average incubation is 12 - 48 hours [so it does move fast] with average of about 33 hours. Symptoms usually last 24 to 60 hours and up to 30% of cases may be asymptomatic.

someone feels bad, but not horrible or was exposed 12-48 hours before getting on the ship, maybe doesn't have the full on Noro symptoms that most people associate [symptoms are myalgias, low grade fever, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea]. Not everyone has in the bed for 2 days sick unto death symptoms. 30% have no symptoms. If you magnify that on a ship where all the same people are stuck together - eating drinking living in the same enclosed space. Some people denying they have infection and as many as 30% never having symptoms but carrying the virus AND it is reportable if you complain, you get stuck in your room and everyone gives you the evil eye for bringing it on board.

Some of those symptoms are the way I feel after having too much to drink, or eating sugar after being on a low carb diet for a month - so if I had too much to drink and ate too much at dinner and felt like carp the next morning, I might think it was bad luck and the motion of the ocean!

From the CDC website about noro incubation

average incubation is 12 - 48 hours [so it does move fast] with average of about 33 hours. Symptoms usually last 24 to 60 hours and up to 30% of cases may be asymptomatic.

someone feels bad, but not horrible or was exposed 12-48 hours before getting on the ship, maybe doesn't have the full on Noro symptoms that most people associate [symptoms are myalgias, low grade fever, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea]. Not everyone has in the bed for 2 days sick unto death symptoms. 30% have no symptoms. If you magnify that on a ship where all the same people are stuck together - eating drinking living in the same enclosed space. Some people denying they have infection and as many as 30% never having symptoms but carrying the virus AND it is reportable if you complain, you get stuck in your room and everyone gives you the evil eye for bringing it on board.

Some of those symptoms are the way I feel after having too much to drink, or eating sugar after being on a low carb diet for a month - so if I had too much to drink and ate too much at dinner and felt like carp the next morning, I might think it was bad luck and the motion of the ocean!

Yes, I start to feel bad after abusing my body with sugar and booze. It happens to me on every cruise. Generally I don't drink or eat sugar at home and try to eat healthy. That pretty much goes out the door on holidays and my body feels it.

Yes, I start to feel bad after abusing my body with sugar and booze. It happens to me on every cruise. Generally I don't drink or eat sugar at home and try to eat healthy. That pretty much goes out the door on holidays and my body feels it.

I've been trying to eat healthy more and more - last week realized I better get my butt in gear with 9 weeks to go. I had been yucky for about a month and my stamina is gone - so its back on the healthy eating train and back to the gym so I can enjoy the excursions and cruise.

I'm hoping that by going with small portions, doing a lot of walking, and limiting the wine - I can keep the damage down from the ship. Hopefully there are some decent salads to balance the rest! Please say there's hope!

I've been trying to eat healthy more and more - last week realized I better get my butt in gear with 9 weeks to go. I had been yucky for about a month and my stamina is gone - so its back on the healthy eating train and back to the gym so I can enjoy the excursions and cruise.

I'm hoping that by going with small portions, doing a lot of walking, and limiting the wine - I can keep the damage down from the ship. Hopefully there are some decent salads to balance the rest! Please say there's hope!

Hal's portions tend to be small generally but the meat can sometimes be large. I'd rather have more carbs frankly. They do have decent salads. I like my greens and veggies. The desserts are pretty meh. I do enjoy their fruit crisps except when it's rhubarb:eek:.