Cruise Critic Community
brekin67

Liter of Water?

Here is Carnival's policy: On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

There are 4 people in our group. Can we each bring ONE liter of water in ONE bottle? An ounce is about 34 ounces.

Thanks

Edited by brekin67

Here is Carnival's policy: On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

There are 4 people in our group. Can we each bring ONE liter of water in ONE bottle? An ounce is about 34 ounces.

Thanks

No, they have to be 20 ounces or less.

it depends. some will let you through and some wont. I dont think anyone will be able to tell you for sure.

technically its against the policy. Its just how much they are going to enforce it

We had taken liter bottles on a cruise a few years ago and no one said anything. I feel like since we are carrying the bags ourselves and we are not taking 12 bottles at 20 ounces each, we should be okay with 1 bottle that is 34ounces. Seems like a wine bottle each would weigh that much.

Guess I will take it and see if they confiscate. I really just need the bottles, so it's no big deal to pour out the water if they need me to.

Thanks

In my experience you can...if it's water

We had taken liter bottles on a cruise a few years ago and no one said anything. I feel like since we are carrying the bags ourselves and we are not taking 12 bottles at 20 ounces each, we should be okay with 1 bottle that is 34ounces. Seems like a wine bottle each would weigh that much.

Guess I will take it and see if they confiscate. I really just need the bottles, so it's no big deal to pour out the water if they need me to.

They wont just make your pour the water out ,they will take the bottle too.Why not just bring a few sports bottles or empty them out before you leave and pack them in your luggage if you only need the bottles

I would prefer to have the water, but if I can't keep it no big deal.

I do have sports bottles but would like to throw the bottle away when I'm done.

I like to take my liter of water off ship for excursions then toss before getting back on ship.

Edited by brekin67

You can always bring on empties from home.

The hall monitor types out here will tell you no, but the reality is you will likely be able to bring liters of plain water. The twelve 20 ounce or less beverages seems to apply to soda type drinks. In have always brought 12 pack of soda plus many more plain bottled waters and never had any problems. They do like to shake the waters to make sure they are not vodka though!

I would prefer to have the water, but if I can't keep it no big deal.

I do have sports bottles but would like to throw the bottle away when I'm done.

I like to take my liter of water off ship for excursions then toss before getting back on ship.

Why not buy the water at your port when you get off? It's always ice cold and cheap.