Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

2015 Visa Information For World Cruise 2015

I see that the Crystal Cruises Web Site has been updated with the visa requirements for the 2015 World Cruise. This is earlier than its even been done. For people on other 2015 voyages either on the Symphony or Serenity just check back from time to time and if there are any visa requirements they will eventually be added to the site. I posted this information the 2015 Full World Cruise Roll Call but knowing that not everyone checks the roll call or that some might be on individual voyages either for WC2015 or on other voyages on both ships, I wanted to start this thread as well.

Keith

This link will take you to the summary for all voyages where visas are required.

http://www.traveldocs.com/crystal

For those on the 2015 World Cruise Note:

Note the summary shows what visas will be required and which one must be obtained ahead of time (Brazil) and which one you need to do on line (Australia) and which ones the ship will be obtaining on board and that fees for those will be charged to your shipboard account. It also notes that a reciprocity fee must be paid to Argentina (this was implemented in 2013 by Argentina) and how to go ahead taking care of that on line.

For those of you on the full 2015 World Cruise the link below shows the form for the Brazilian Visa and also notes that 23 blank visa pages are required. This is on top of the couple of pages in the back of the book that cannot be used for visa stamps.

This link will take you to the visa forms for the 2015 World Cruise.

http://www.traveldocs.com/uploads/pinnacle/crystal/May10/CRYSTAL%20WC%20%202015%20REQX.pdf

These tend to be oriented to those who are holders of American Passports and usually Canada Passports. If you are from other countries I would send an e mail to Pinnacle to get input from them.

Keith

Keith, once again the visa information is much appreciated. Thanks for ALWAYS being so helpful.

Elaine

I've bookmarked this page, thank you Keith. One question. We are on a Symphony trip that makes a stop for the day in Sanya, China. It appears this is not a maiden port for Symphony (not sure about Serenity.) As this is China I am wondering if you MUST have a visa for this port. Anyone know? Recently we stopped in Port Blair, India. Some were told that a visa was required in order to join the ship, whether or not you were getting off in Port Blair. As it turned out no visa was required IF you were NOT getting off the ship. Unlike mainland China where you have to have a visa before boarding, I am wondering if the same applies to this port. There is NO other port in China on this itinerary. It seems like a waste to have to spend between $100 - $200 for a visa for one day. This cruise is not yet listed on the Pinnacle website, otherwise I would not be putting this question out to the readers here. Has anyone been on Crystal while visiting this port and if so, do you recall if a visa was required prior to sailing, whether or not you chose to get off the ship in Sanya?

I have a question on obtaining the extra pages needed for the visas. What is the easiest way to obtain the necessary pages? Thanks for you help!

I have a question on obtaining the extra pages needed for the visas. What is the easiest way to obtain the necessary pages? Thanks for you help!

Larger local Post Offices are designated passport offices. They have the necessary forms and are generally helpful with quirky requirements. Alternately you can pay extra and have Pinnacle do it as Keith posted above.

We just obtain the pages ourselves and did use the web site that Hubbards provided you the link for. When you do this add 48 rather than 24 pages. Or you can have Pinnacle TDS do this for you if you are going to go to them anyway for the Brazil Visa.

Keith

I've bookmarked this page, thank you Keith. One question. We are on a Symphony trip that makes a stop for the day in Sanya, China. It appears this is not a maiden port for Symphony (not sure about Serenity.) As this is China I am wondering if you MUST have a visa for this port. Anyone know? Recently we stopped in Port Blair, India. Some were told that a visa was required in order to join the ship, whether or not you were getting off in Port Blair. As it turned out no visa was required IF you were NOT getting off the ship. Unlike mainland China where you have to have a visa before boarding, I am wondering if the same applies to this port. There is NO other port in China on this itinerary. It seems like a waste to have to spend between $100 - $200 for a visa for one day. This cruise is not yet listed on the Pinnacle website, otherwise I would not be putting this question out to the readers here. Has anyone been on Crystal while visiting this port and if so, do you recall if a visa was required prior to sailing, whether or not you chose to get off the ship in Sanya?

This is what I would do.

Send an e mail to crystal@traveldocs.com and note your voyage number, and the port in China and ask them how this will work.

You will get an e mail back from Steve at TDS with the answer.

Keith

Muchos Gracias. Will do.

And please post the answer when you get it. Thanks in advance for the info.

Thanks for the timely information, Keith!

If your passport will need to be renewed within the next year or so, you may find it easier to just renew it and request additional pages. Also, you must have a passport that does not expire before six months after the journey.

We renewed ours and requested 48 pages. New passports arrived within three weeks.

Ricki

I agree with Ricki. If I had a passport expiring within two years I would do as Ricki suggested.

People ask the easiest way to rendew or to add pages. For me it is always the same way and that is to just fill out the application on line and print it put and sign it and send it in myself. I find this much easier than going to the post office which to me adds no value to the process. We would only go to the post office to mail the passport but even then we could go to one of those private postal stores. If you are getting a. we passport again remember to update PCPC after it arrives with the new passport information. Also, if you are getting a new passport and will also need the Brazilian Visa since you will need passport photos get additional ones for the Brazilian Visa and also a couple beyond that just to have them and I always take them with us when we travel.

Getting the receipt for the Argentina Reciprocity fee is a piece of cake. They say you will have the receipt in 24 hours and I got ours with a couple of hours just doing it on our own on the web site for this. When you do the Australia ETA that will be instantaneous as well but since that one Is only good for 12 months I will do that later in the year. Again, if you need a new passport get the new passport first.

Keith

Thanks for all the help with this everyone. I have our renewals in hand to take to the post office this week.

Thanks for the giddy up and go,

Ilene

How far in advance can one apply for the Brazilian visa? We have a trip to Europe scheduled at the end of October and if we wait until we get back in November I'm nervous the visas will take too long before the start of the world cruise. Also do we need to get the yellow fever vaccine prior to applying for the visa?

How far in advance can one apply for the Brazilian visa? We have a trip to Europe scheduled at the end of October and if we wait until we get back in November I'm nervous the visas will take too long before the start of the world cruise. Also do we need to get the yellow fever vaccine prior to applying for the visa?

If this was me I would call the Visa Service.

Call this number: T 888-838-4867

And you will talk with Steve who is the VP of the Visa Service.

Keith

Last Saturday we sent our applications to add 48 visa pages to each of our passports. We sent them United States Post Office Express Mail since that is the only way you can send express mail to a post office box. We did pay the expedite fees because we just don't like to have our passports out of our hands for too long.

Now the drawback with Post Office Express Mail is that you cannot always get a good status as to the status of the mail. However, by Wednesday I saw that our bank checks had cleared so I knew that they had our passports plus when I went on line to the Passport Site it did show they received each one.

According to their web site expedites to add pages take around 4 weeks.

Well, a few minutes ago we received two express packages with our passports.

Glad to have this one done.

Keith

Keith,

Did they add the 48 pages to your old passports which (I assume) already had 48 pages?

Or did you get new passports?

Peggy

Peggy, we added 48 pages to our existing passports which also had 48 pages. We got the new passports in 2011 and first used them in 2012. We were short by a few pages for the new requirements.

Keith

This link will take you to the summary for all voyages where visas are required.

http://www.traveldocs.com/crystal

Keith

Keith, thanks for providing this link -- it's really helpful! I can't seem to find a way to navigate to this information from the Crystal website, and so now I'm wondering how much other info I'm missing or not seeing from the Crystal site. How do you stumble upon this information from the Crystal homepage?

Thanks!!

Keith, thanks for providing this link -- it's really helpful! I can't seem to find a way to navigate to this information from the Crystal website, and so now I'm wondering how much other info I'm missing or not seeing from the Crystal site. How do you stumble upon this information from the Crystal homepage?

Thanks!!

In my case i knew that they have the visa information on the web site so I click on the search site found in the top right hand corner of the home page. I then type in the word visa and wait for the different key words to come up and in this case the first one that is listed is travel requirements and documents or you can just type the word visa and then hit return.

But another way is to just go up to the top of the home page and put your cursor over the tab titled cruise guidebook and then one of the subjects that you will see is planning your cruise and then click on that. It will then bring up a list of subjects and one of them is travel requirements and documents.

In general though if I am not sure I usually just type one or more words using the search key. Sometimes it takes some time but I find most sites do too whether that is a shopping site or some other type of site.

Keith