Ocean vs Pacific Princess

KruzeKrazy!

Is there any meaningful difference between the Ocean Princess and the Pacific Princess ships? I know they are sister ships but also believe Pacific does not have a few things that Ocean has.

Would the onboard experience, the quality of the cabin furnishings, etc. be different or pretty much the same?

If cruising the same itinerary on the Pacific would one wish it was on the Ocean instead?

Thanks!

We have sailed the same itinerary on both the Ocean and Pacific, one year apart. We found the experience to be the same on both ships. The only difference would be in the passengers, and there's no way to figure that one out. Since we were in the exact same cabin on the cruises, I can say that the furnishings were almost identical. Choose which one works best for the time you want to sail, and don't worry about not getting the best ship. They are both the best in the fleet! I love the small ships!

Thanks! Now just have to decide if change from late Jan/early Feb to late Oct/early Nov based on if the weather may be typically meaningfully less rainy/humid for the latter. We're doing an OWB pre-cruise and would hate to have our dream stay/cruise be mostly rainy and thus not get to see the beautiful water colors, gorgeous scenery, great sunrises/sunsets, etc...

I have sailed on both and they are pretty much the same. did the 10 day french polynesian cruise in 2013 on the Ocean, and 51 day grand adventure Ft Lauderdale to Sydney and Tahiti followed by a 12 day Tahiti to Hawaii this past winter.

Small ship experience is very different from large ship, and we loved it.

Linda

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The layout is identical. Some minor differences in furnishings, the Ocean has a clock on the promenade deck exterior that the Pacific does not. I know that because I often exercise there.

They are so similar that the ship photo coffee mugs for the OP and PP they sell are actually the same image, with one showing the ship enlarged slightly, and photoshop used to insert the name of the ship. I know this because I compared the people visible standing on Deck 10. I do not know which ship it actually is. I like that mug and I have bought it for the seven Princess ships I have been on (Pacific, Ocean, Star, Golden, Island, Ruby, and Grand).

Edited by Wehwalt

We love the small ships. The biggest difference is that on Deck 10 forward the lounge is called the Tahitian Lounge on the Ocean Princess while it is the Pacific Lounge on the Pacific Princess

Paul, I am cruising on the Pacific Princess for a 4 day cruise next year. I wanted to see what the experience is like and the price was amazing. I'm a big ship lover. Would you mind sharing what you like about the small ships?

Paul, I am cruising on the Pacific Princess for a 4 day cruise next year. I wanted to see what the experience is like and the price was amazing. I'm a big ship lover. Would you mind sharing what you like about the small ships?

There are a number of threads that discuss this, if you seek other opinions.

Thanks! Now just have to decide if change from late Jan/early Feb to late Oct/early Nov based on if the weather may be typically meaningfully less rainy/humid for the latter. We're doing an OWB pre-cruise and would hate to have our dream stay/cruise be mostly rainy and thus not get to see the beautiful water colors, gorgeous scenery, great sunrises/sunsets, etc...

If you are thinking about the wet season in Tahiti, then I would opt for the Oct/early November rather than the Jan/Feb itinerary as often the wet season can be late and in October/early November it may have not yet begun to be humid and wet.

Whichever ship you choose you will love it. Those smaller ships are ideal for around Tahiti and the islands. We were on the Ocean Princess only a few weeks back when we sailed from Sydney to Singapore and she is still as lovely as ever. We have been on her 6 times, the Pacific Princess once, the old Royal once and have also been on the smaller ships of Azamara and Oceania. They are a great way to see the world without having too many people on board.

Jennie

Edited by Aussie Gal

We love the small ships. The biggest difference is that on Deck 10 forward the lounge is called the Tahitian Lounge on the Ocean Princess while it is the Pacific Lounge on the Pacific Princess

Ocean Princess was originally called Tahitian Princess.

All of the aft suites on the Pacific will hold four people but on the Ocean they will only allow more than two people in the aft suites on deck 7. (They will allow more than two people in all of the forward suites on the Ocean).

The aft suites on Pacific are very large and have a bath and a powder room both with toilets so might be useable for 4 but if you are planning on 2 adults sleeping on the fold out couch, I would have to say it is very small and very uncomfortable. At least the one in our suite (6088) was. We checked it out just to see, not that I was exiled to it.:eek::D:D