divewithchuck

Veteran Themed Cruise - February 2015

I just found this on facebook "Veterans at Sea". They are doing a veteran themed cruise out of Long Beach on the Carnival Imagination in February. It looks like a private group of veterans onboard the ship.

I am differently going on this one.

We are having our 5th Salute to Veterans Cruise out of Puerto Rico on September 20th this year and the plans are being made for the 6th one from Boston in October 2015:D

Brisbane to Brisbane 14 days ... not a vets tour but I am Navy and setting up with local historians shore trips... in Rabal, Guadelcanal, Luganville ship will sail the "slot" past Tulagi, Kennedy island, Savo, Iron bottom Sound.... to name a few

Look up roll call for Sea Princess... also Princess main posts

turn-2 and pack your ditty bag.... all welcome whatever service

We are having our 5th Salute to Veterans Cruise out of Puerto Rico on September 20th this year and the plans are being made for the 6th one from Boston in October 2015:D

Which cruise ship out of Boston?

We are cruising with Oceania, June 17,-July 7. This is the London to London cruise. Are any of the retired military vets on this cruise? We would love to meet other retired Vets who love to cruise.

6th Salute to Veterans Cruise Norwegian Dawn - 23-30 October 2015 sailing out of Boston. ~21 military couples (all branches) aboard. May not be too late to join us.

The 7th Salute to Veterans is setup for January 2017.

Edited by Wifflebat

Brisbane to Brisbane 14 days ... not a vets tour but I am Navy and setting up with local historians shore trips... in Rabal, Guadelcanal, Luganville ship will sail the "slot" past Tulagi, Kennedy island, Savo, Iron bottom Sound.... to name a few

Look up roll call for Sea Princess... also Princess main posts

turn-2 and pack your ditty bag.... all welcome whatever service

Thank you for your service. My dad is buried in the American Cemetery near Manila. I plan to visit while on the Celebrity Millennium on Feb 3rd of 2017. Any idea on how to get there from the Cruise Port and how long it will take?

He was KIA on PT-335 near Bongao Island, Tawi Tawi, near Mindanao.

If you're going to do a veteran's cruise, why not do it on Princess which is one of only 2 cruise lines (the other being Cunard) that offers onboard credit to anybody who has served for a minimum of 2 years on active duty and has a DD-214 showing an honorable discharge? The amount ranges from $50 to $250 per veteran depending on the length of the cruise. Just wondering.

Tom