Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital_curator

Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Greetings,

I walked this morning again at the track. It felt good to get in gear. Of course, I almost stayed in bed because I THOUGHT it was raining. Then I put plan B and C into action. Plan B was if it was drizzling to take a hat for my hair. Plan C was to use the walking exercise video. I must stop telling myself stories. LOL

My WOE yesterday was what I planned although not as strict as before. I have decided that the gray is messing me up. Black and white causes the weight loss/gains swings to be too large.

I checked out Oprah's boot camp and really want to do it. The ONLY reason I am not going to at this time is because it will make me crazy! But I am keeping for when I am back on a solid foundation on the everyday stuff.

It is so good just to have you guys to talk through these things.

BTW I did journal a lot yesterday. It really helped.

Have a really good day.

Guest suzeycruisey

Good day all,

It certainly is a beautiful day here and I feel fabulous today...gotta love those endorphins!! I just finished my workout(s) for the day...did my 34 minutes elliptical/20 minutes weights AND 35 minute circuit train all in one excruciatingly long 90 minute session. Actually it wasn't that bad and I feel terrific afterward so that is a big PLUS!:D

Tami ~ yes according to the boot camp you do weight training every day, 20 minutes in addition to the cardio (which keeps increasing every week). And twice a week you do an extra 35 minute circuit session of 5 minutes cardio, 5 minutes weights, etc. For the 5 minute sessions of the circuit, the boot camp rules say to do one set of bicep curls, one set of lateral raises, one set of squats, and one set of sit-ups. I follow this exactly. But for the daily 20 minute weight sessions, I made up my own routine. I know Oprah's website gives some of her favorite exercises and she uses free weights, but we have a Nautilus in our home, and I like to weight train on that. I did some research before I started and I decided to do a split routine, which only works two body parts per day. Day One would be back/biceps, Day Two is chest/triceps, Day Three shoulders, and Day Four legs, and then start over. This way I know I am not training the same muscle groups two days in a row. You pick 3 exercises for each body part, and do 3 sets each, 1st set is 12 reps, 2nd set is 10 reps, and 3rd set is 8 reps. With each set you use increasingly heavy weight. It has really helped me to build strength already and keeps your muscles from getting used to your routine. I hope that makes sense.

Natalie ~ GOOD FOR YOU for making the right choice this morning and getting your exercise in. I know it is difficult sometimes, in fact today it was so hard getting my legs moving initially, but afterwards it is so worth it! GO YOU!

Everyone have a fantastic day! :D

Hi everyone! Just a quick post this morning because 4H judging starts in a short while! I did 30 minutes on the bike and the started a new circuit workout yesterday that I found on Oprah's website. I've been wanting something I could do without weights so I could stick to it for our upcoming camping trip and this fits the bill. I'm definitely walking funny this morning but not TOO sore. It wasn't too challenging either. I gave myself some extra rest time between the 3 different exercises to read through and make sure I set myself up correctly but I mostly was ok with only 30 seconds between sets and I did all the sets. :D I'm hoping to alternate it with my pool workouts with that.

Here's the link: http://www2.oprah.com/health/omag/health_omag_200603_fit.jhtml

It's a progressive 12 week workout but for the first 3 weeks all I need are a chair (or picnic bench) and a mat for my knee.

Gotta run!

Tami

Good morning all,

All the exercise news is really keeping me motivated! Keep it up!

I will check out the link for those specific exercises--sounds doable without triggering my crazies. :)

I did not walk this morning as planned. I woke up or should I say I was awakened at 4AM with excruciating pain in my leg and tender to the touch thigh??? I held out until 6Am to eat my breakfast before I took the ibuprofen. I feel much better now, so I plan to walk at lunch time.

I stuck to the kinds of food in my WOE, but had more than I planned. I have not been planning well around visiting my brother each evening. For tomorrow I will bring a snack to have while I am there so I will not be so hungry when I get home.

Tami-All I can say is YOU ROCK!

suzeycruisey--keep doing it--I am getting pumped!

Have a great day everyone

Hi everyone. My MIL is finally home from the hospital so it's been a little easier the past couple of days. We did have to take her tues. to the surgeon's office to have her staples removed. The doc says she got all the cancer and it didn't spread.

Natalie i'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Tami keep up the great work with your workouts.

To everyone else stay focused and you will succeed. We all know it's not going to be an easy journey but at least we are trying :D

I lost .8 this week at WW. I knew i wasn't going to lose a lot because of losing good last week but hey i'll take it.

My exercise isn't going very good at all. As a matter of fact i haven't been doing any :( I have this stupid sciatica and my back has been killing me for 3 weeks now so the last thing i think about is exercising. I know BAD ME :mad:

I would love to lose 40 more pounds before we leave in Nov but i don't know if i can. It took me 5 1/2 months to lose 43.4. But i will try my hardest to do so.

Have a great evening everybody ;)

~~Debbie~~

Good morning all,

Debbie--Be kind to my friend Debbie she has a lot going on.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{DEBBIE}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Keep with your WOE and water intake-minimum 8 8oz glasses per day. When your body is healed THEN you can exercise. You can do the breathing exercises where you breath correctly. You know when you inhale your tummy is supposed to blow up like a balloon and when you exhale it deflates. I am glad your MIL is home. Hospital runs suck!

Kathi--Where are you? I am prayerful that everything is going well.

I did walk at lunch time yesterday.

I got food on my way TO the hospital. That worked out much better.

Thank you all for keeping my brother Norman in your thoughts and prayers. Their current speculation is the that the cancer has spread to his bones. DUH! He had cancer in his marrow when they did the biopsy. Some of the things the doctors say make me just shake my head in disbelief. But I have to contain my expressions of disbelief since they are caring for my loved one! LOL

I went for a walk this morning. I have to go to the bank at lunch and I will walk there.

I readjusted my weight loss goal to 220 for the cruise in October. I realized that the larger goal was actually making me extra crazy. Of course , if I happen to really get to 199 I will not complain.

Have a great day.

I plan to check in over the weekend. Tami you probably will be SLEEP!

Natalie

Good Morning All!!

I am back on program and plan on sticking with it till my next cruise - Feb07. I plan on losing 75 lbs., not all I have to lose but doable. I am back on Nutrisystem, which has worked for me in the past since I do not like to cook. It is a 5 day on 2 day off (still following the program). In early 2005 I lost almost 75 lbs in 5 months and it stayed off until I just went hog wild starting in February of this year. While Oprah's Bootcamp looks good I won't be ready for that till September. At the beginning here I will be using the treadmill and a great chart I got from that web site.

Charts do help me and I also got a very nice weight loss chart from the Medical University of South Carolina's web site as well (I like graphs:p ).

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Lynn

Hi all- Just a quick post today. I'm letting breakfast settle a bit before I go get a workout in. We were up and out early to go check our chicken in at the fairgrounds. Didn't get a workout in yesterday as we were busy all day with project judging,meetings and doctor's appointments. Between that and the heat I was wrung out by the time I got home. I did do alot of walking around just not what I would consider workout material.

Lynn- I know they've changed significantly but the name nutrasystem still makes me cringe when I hear it. :D I had a friend who did the plan when they first opened in the mid 90's and was one of those who lost her gall bladder because of them. I never have been able to get past it. I know loads of people who've had great success with it though.

Natalie- Oh dear! What treatment will they want to do for your brother next? Is he a candidate for a bone marrow transplant?

I won't be asleep this weekend! We have to be at the fairgrounds too much!

Debbie- I agree with Natalie! Go easy on yourself. Sciatica isn't anything to fool with. You don't want to make it worse for yourself. I know it's hard with your MIL having been in the hospital but you need to take care of YOU and bet thee to a doctor or alternative health practicioner of your choice ASAP. Don't make me come over there and take you!!!!:D

Tami

Hi everybody - you all sound like you are doing really good. Well from the time I joined the forum I gained 2 lbs. That is not good for a beginner. However, I am really trying to watch what I eat this week, trying to cut back as opposed to cut out as my mind is saying this is something you have to do for the rest of your life not just for the cruise. I get weighed on Tuesday, so hopefully when I come back on the board I can say there was a loss. I have 50 plus pounds to loose and just saying this on the board is hard for me. That sounds so stupid I know.....but it does. Now that, that it is out there hopefully that will make me more accountable.

I found a dress that I really liked and was going to buy it for the cruise. It did fit, but would look so much better even if I lost 10lbs.

Another thing I have noticed was that my leg use to feel so heavy at times, not sure why, but since I have been watching what I eat, it doesn't seem as bad. I will be happy with a 1lb lost next week.

Guest suzeycruisey

Happy Friday everyone! It is much happier for me, now that I am home from the dentist, with my tooth fixed. Last night I chipped my tooth, and I was so worried about getting fixed because I am the biggest baby when it comes to the dentist!:eek: Fortunately it was only a small chip, though, and they just filed it down...no fillings needed.

I was thinking to myself that some weeks just seem easier than others to follow my WOE. This week has been almost effortless, no struggles. Last week was a completely different story. I felt like I was hanging on by a thread every day. I am totally an emotional eater and when things crop up that are out of the ordinary, food is what I turn to. I am trying to make exercise my stress outlet, but that is easier said than done...:rolleyes:

Anyway, it sounds like everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work and have a great weekend!!

Suzanna :D

Suzanna- I hate going to the dentist too. When I was little I went to the meanest "pediatric" dentist and I still get nervous about it. My kids OTOH go to the one I go to now and they just bop right back to the room and don't even want me to go with them. He's so nice and the hygenists are all go great. Thank goodness!

Hi all- EVERYTHING IS DONE AT THE FAIR!!!!!!!:D All we have left to do is parade of champions and project retrieval on Tuesday. We still have to be out there every day twice to feed and water the chickens but that's ok.

I got my exercise bike ride and circuit training in yesterday. That's about the sum total of it. Today I'm dragging because we were at the fairgrounds for judging all morning. The heat and humidity are just crazy.

I have 19 weeks until Jamaica. I'm really trying to get it together and get some more weight off before then.

Tami

Hi all,

Kalaine--I am proud of you and encouraged by your honesty. It has helped me tremendously to say out loud the truth about my weight. When I first joined this board I finally confessed to how much I really weighed. I can only say it has been freeing. I ma encouraged by you because I never want to say how much I have gained until it is gone again. :( I am sure that hinders me in some way. 1 pound is a very good goal for something you plan to do for the long haul. as you see I revamped my "diet mentality" goal for my cruise.

Tami-- I want you to know I am cheering for Wednesday to come. LOL I hope it also brings lots of ribbons for all the hard work you and your family have done.

I did not walk today. I got a late start and the day i s underway. I am on my way to a fish fry. I went to the doctor today about those horrible dizzy spells. He prescribed--you know-antivert! Now isn't that a clever name for anti-vertigo medication. I plan to get most of my water in today.

talk to you tomorrow.

Hi all! Well all our 4H judging is DONE!! DD ended up with 6 blue ribbons, a red (second), an honorable mention, a reserve grand champion for veterinary science, and grand champions for eggs and bantam hen. DS ended up with 4 blues and a red. All and all it was a good time. Now we just have the parade of champions on Tuesday and to pick up our projects afterward.

Exercise yesterday was walking all over the fairgrounds twice, once pushing a stroller. Today I've already ridden the bike for 30 minutes and I'm waiting for my feet to quit tingling to do my circuit training.

Tami

Good morning,

Tami--I KNEW all that hard work had to pay off. Congratulations to you all! Only a few more days THEN you can rest -maybe-depending on Babyman's plans. :)

I went for my walk this morning. I decided to go around the neighborhood rather than the track. The semi-bad news is I walked only 17 minutes. The great news is when I moved to this house 5 years ago, I could not have gone around those 2 blocks if I had wanted to.

Although my lunch time walking buddy has already decided it will be too hot at lunch time, I am going for a 20 minute walk. My legs are already thanking me for getting back out there.

The changes I plan to make for this weekend coming up are to write down my food just like I do during the week.

I am glad to have such a great group of folks on this journey.

Have a great day.

Guest suzeycruisey

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day.

Tami ~ congratulations on all your hard work paying off! I am sure that must be a big relief to be finished and so exciting for your kids too.

Weekend was good...uneventful, which is a good thing since we have been so busy. Sticking to my WOE/WOEX with no problems for the most part, and for that I am so thankful.

Will check in tomorrow...

Suzanna

Morning everyone,

Suzanna-Thanks for reminding that indeed the weekend can be as on track as during the week. And to be thankful for it.

I had two walks yesterday the one in the morning and a 25 minute one at lunch time.

I walked 24 minutes this morning. I will do a short one at lunch because I have some school stuff to do plus I have to find my PIN number to my retirement account before I see the financial planner this evening at 8PM. Can you say procrastinator???

My WOE was off yesterday. Ate more than I planned. Not sure what that was about. As I write this I realize I did NOT journal--today I will.

Have a great day everyone.

Natalie :)

Hi all- I'm doing an extremely quick post this morning so I can write this morning. Today is the last day of the fair!!!!!!!!!!:D I'm maintaining weight which is good because it's been so stinking hot that I've been getting a small ice cream cone to try to keep cool. But I figure that's much better than something huge and fried. I'm keeping up my exercise routine of circuit training and the bike every other day. Plus we're walking the fairgrounds every night.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Tami

Guest suzeycruisey

Natalie ~ you are so right about the journaling aspect...it really helps me to keep accountable. I have gotten to the point where I feel lost if I haven't done it. I use FitDay and it is a really good site to keep track of calories and activity and where your calories are coming from, i.e. making sure you are getting enough nutrients, etc. Good job also on the walking!

Tami ~ you are one busy bee! I know that choosing a small ice cream cone over something huge and fried may not seem like a big victory, but trust me it is! I have found it's the *seemingly* small everyday changes that make us successful--eventually they all start adding up, and what you have made is a lifestyle choice for yourself, not a "diet", which is a good thing.

Well I am off to the basement for my workout...Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

Suzanna :p

You are all so motivating, however, I haven't yet started the exercise routine, but I am going too, it is so hot right now, but I did tell myself, excess fat does not know, heat, rain, drizzell fog etc.

But the good news is I lost 3 pounds last night. I can do it, I can do it,

I can do it...........I got to keep up that positive thinking.

Thanks

Denise you didn't let the heat stop you. Good girl.

Hi everyone! the fair is over!!!:D I think even the kids are happy. It's been so hot that it's just a drag to run around there. I'm happy that I maintained my weight all week. We're going camping and hiking next week and I'm trying to plan the most decent menu I can. I spent the day working on my menu and packing list.

Once we come back I'm putting DH and I back on the SB lifestyle. I haven't told him yet, but he was griping about how something fit the other day so he's doing it with me!:D

Today I did my circuit training workout and I'm going to get into the pool after DH and DD get back from her workshop at the library. That's about the sum total of it. Other than that I've been trying to catch up on what didn't get done during the fair.

Tami

Guest suzeycruisey

Hi everyone! I haven't been able to get on the boards all day because of all the traffic, but finally am able to check in quickly. WOE/WOEX are going well this week...I just finished up 36 minutes on the elliptical, and earlier today I did my 35 minute circuit training along with 20 minutes of weights to fulfill my "boot camp" requirements.

Tami ~ congrats on being finished! must be a big relief!

I decided I am going to weigh in on August 1st...by then I will have completed 5 weeks of boot camp, and I have really been concentrating on my WOE, too, so I am anxious to see what progress I have made.

Also, good thoughts going out to all those affected by the Crown Princess incident this week...

Suzanna

Morning all,

Tami you may now officially EXHALE until next year...Congratulations on the ribbons and keeping the weight down during such a stressful (albeit joyful) time.

The exercisers are really motivating me.

Yesterday I did walk in the AM and at lunch time. Total 40 minutes.

Today I did not walk this morning. My legs were really hurting. I just got out of the bed at 5AM and did some general (slow moving) cleaning around the house. I will not go at lunch today because I have a meeting directly after work. Mind you I do not get smelly when I walk, but you know that Murphy's law would kick in if I walk at lunch today. LOL

I have plans for after work tomorrow too. So I will definitely do it in the morning.

My water drinking is going well. My WOE is fair. So some improvement is in order.

Keep up the progress. Slow or fast still gets us to the desired place. I am enjoying the journey with you all.

Natalie

Hi All!

It is good to hear you are all doing so well.

Everyone seems to really be dedicating themselves to their exercise programs and excelling. Great job!

It's been one week now and I have managed to continue with the nutrisystem foods. I do the the treadmill 5-6 days a week but I only do the minimum and add 2 minutes a week. It's not a lot but at this point just getting me to move is an accomplishment. As of yesterday I had lost 4.6 lbs. I can't weigh today the scale needs another new battery (maybe I shouldn't be getting on it so much:p ).

My thoughts and prayers have been with the cruisers that were on the Crown and hope all are recovering.

I'm looking forward to Hawaii in March 07.

Keep up the good work!

Lynn

Hi all. Just a quick post before I have to go pick up the kids at 4H clean up. The weather change and storms are rolling in and my head and stomach are messed up this morning. I'm hoping to at least get on the bike later this afternoon but I may just take a short nap instead. I have to take older DD to forensics camp this afternoon which is about 25 minutes away and then stay at the library for 2 hours. The nap may do me more good before the drive. I can always ride tonight while DS is at gymnastics.

Tami

Guest suzeycruisey

Good morning everyone, TGIF! Just a quick post this morning before I am on my way out the door to run a million errands. Everything is going well with my WOE/WOEX this week, I am grateful for that. Got to make the best of the times when it comes easily, they are few and far between for me! Usually it's a struggle...

Hope everyone has a great day and a fantastic weekend!

Suzanna