Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital_curator

Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Hi

Friday-another no WOEX day :( Could not get in gear in the AM and had after work plans-could not chance Murphy's Law.

Saturday-Did not plan to do it. Hence-none done.

Sunday-I may go by the "health club" versus the Y and just have a spa day in the wet area which will include some water jogging. Hmmm sounds good...

Had 3 appointments already today. came home to eat lunch. Going to the movies this afternoon, then home for much needed rest.

Here is a laugh--I bought "First" magazine today. The headlines says I can lose 34 pounds by Labor Day. Now is that exciting or what? How do they EXACTLY how much I will lose. LOL Anyway, I don't really believe the hype, I just wish it were true. :) "First" happens to my favorite fun magazine. If I get the SECRET from the article, I'll gladly share.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Natalie

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been away from this thread for so long. But you guys have been in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear everyone is doing so well.

We are going on a church field trip Monday. We are taking the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad through the Nantanhala Gorge. Lived here all these years and have never taken the trip. Looking forward to it.

I have stayed committed to my diet plan. I cannot remember my last posting here and I only read back to the posts on this page. Last Monday I lost - 4 lbs. Bringing my total loss to 36 lbs since April 24th. WOOHOO!!

You guys are doing great with your exercise! Remember the little things that add up as well, such as parking away from entrances, taking the stairs instead of elevators, pacing while talking on telephone and even by moving your foot, leg, arm or hand around while watching TV. It can help shave off a few calories here and there and away from our hips. :eek: LOL

I was reading an article the other day that was showing a connection with folks never having weight problems, (eat anything and never exercise). Most of them have an enormous amount of nervous energy causing them to move all the time. Now I do not want to become a nervous nellie, but if extra movements can boost my metabolism...I am all for it.

Natalie~I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will remember him in my prayers. Also strength & peace of mind for all of you. By the way I would love to lose 34 lbs by Labor Day...do reveal the SECRET...:D

Congratulations to all of you on your weight loss and increased excercise. Everyone is doing so well. Group support means so much.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Chat later...

~Kathi

{{{{{{{{{{{Kathi}}}}}}}}}}}---So glad to hear form you. I have missed you.

The SECRET was stupid. There was a test and depending on your answer you are to take some supplement. Mine is Omega-3 oil. Poof the weight will be gone. And of course there was a lady testifying that it had happened for her! It made me laugh so hard I am sure I burned a few calories.

I did not go to the health club I went to see RV instead. I figure between the shivering (it was extremely cold even with my jacket) and the laughter it was "like" 20 minutes of jogging! It did lift my spirits so I did not overeat last night.

I walked 1.25 miles this morning. That is a 1/4 mile increase from the last 2 weeks.

I am prayerful that I really stay on the plan and stop choosing to jump off. I am not sure what that is about...:(

I continue to be inspired and supported by this thread.

Thank you to each and everyone here.

Have a blessed Monday.

Hi all- we had computer drama all weekend and now we're heading out to go camping. Have a great week and I'll "talk" to you all this weekend!

Tami

Good morning all,

I went for my walk this morning. I picked up the pace in intervals. I feel better after I do it.

I had a bad attitude at work yesterday. My promise to me is to do better today.

I did not drink my water yesterday. I have it today. I will drink it.

I have my lunch and ate my breakfast. so just for today I am going to keep to the plan.

My cruise is closer than I would like to know as far as the weight goes, but it will be ok. My goal at this point is 20 pounds in 80 days. I also want to be able to keep up cardiovascularly(sp?). I am sure it will work out.

Have a blessed day everyone.

Natalie

Good Morning Everybody.......

I had my weigh-in yesterday and i am down another 1.4 pounds this week :D

I finally hit the treadmill yesterday also. I only did a half mile BUT it's better than nothing i guess. I will try and do it for at least 4 to 5 days a week until we leave for our cruise. Which by the way is getting soooooooooo close. Geez where did all the time go? It seems like it's flying by.

I have to cancel the cruise for my Mom & Dad :( I'm so depressed because we always cruise together. We will have my sis and her boyfriend on the 1st cruise but then we will be alone for the 2nd cruise. I know i will be a mess. But what are ya gonna do.

My daughter had a sonagram last week and the doc called and they want to do a follow up visit. So i'm guessing she will need surgery. By the way it's her gallbladder.

I also went to the docs last week and had to have a biopsy done and still haven't heard anything yet. It's driving me nuts. Anyhoo i've been depressed for the past 3 days and who knows why. Cry Cry Cry..... That's me LOL

I hope everyone here is doing fine as i did not read the posts. SORRY :(

Have a Great Week Everybody and God Bless.......

~~Debbie~~

Guest suzeycruisey

Hi everyone,

Hope all is going well. Everything is great here...I was sick over the weekend so I missed one of my workouts...just couldn't get the legs moving. But I got right back into it yesterday and things are going well. I am in Week 5 of boot camp, and up to 38 minutes on the elliptical, and then the normal 20 minutes of weight training. I don't know how much, if anything, I have lost in pounds, since I only get on the scale every 5 or 6 weeks, but I am amazed by the strength and cardiovascular increases I have had. If you would've told me 5 weeks ago that I would be able to get through almost 40 min on the elliptical without killing myself, I never would've believed it! The body has amazing ability when you work at it...

Natalie I just realized you are going on Freedom of the Seas! We do not sail on her until 12/10, so you will have to let me know all about it when you get back. I am so excited about that cruise!

Suzanna

Good morning,

Debbi-Here is a big hug. It is perfectly normal to cry cry cry. I wish someone had told me that before I learned the bad habit of stopping the crying with food. Keep crying and following your WOE and WOEx. You are under stress!

Suzanna-You go girl! I just did my 30 minute walk up from 15 minutes real slow to medium slow. LOL I will be happy to tell you all about the Freedom! I too am soooooo excited.

Kathi-Yesterday as I was reflecting on why I do not do what I say I am going to do and do the very thing I say I am not going to do Romans 7:15 was brought to mind. Need I say more?

Lynn-Keep up the good work.

Kalaine-Stick with it and us.

Have a great day everyone.

Natalie

Thanks Natalie i needed that :D Thank GOD i don't turn to food anymore i turn to xanax instead :eek: LOL ;)

I did the treadmill again yesterday and will keep on chugging along even if it's only a half mile hopefully i will see better results at my weigh-ins and my body.

Have a great day everybody :D

~~Debbie~~

Morning,

It is raining here. :( No walking this morning nor at lunchtime. Plus my legs were/are throbbing!

I will "watch" the Leslie Sansone CD tonight. I know there is no reason to tell the big fat tale that I will do it tonight. NOT! I am definitely a morning person. The only thing I USED to do in the evening was water aerobics. That was because I made friend there and went to see and support them as well as be supported.

I am going out of town for the weekend. That is a good thing and a bad thing. My plan is too stay focused on the WOE.

Have a great day everyone.

Natalie

Good Morning All!

Congratulations to everyone, you are definitely a group to be inspired by.

Debbie - how did your biopsy go and how is your daughter? What a lot to deal with at one time. Keep up the treadmill, I can't do much more than a half-mile at this point but I firmly believe getting on and just doing it is the thing.

Kathi - Keep up the great work.

Suzanna - all I can say is WOW - great dedication to your boot camp plan.

Natalie - Upping your walk and making it faster - go girl. I'm with you in that I am also a morning person.

Tami - I hope your camping trip went well and that it is not as hot there as it has been here in Northern California.

I stayed on my program, pretty good. My son-in-law grows the best garden and his potatoes are so yummy. I had 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday (with a little low-fat cottage cheese and dry-grilled onions). Not on my diet plan but not to far off. I have continued using the treadmill but, have been having some trouble with my ankle due to the screws that were put in many years ago. Because of this I keep my speed and duration down. This week I lost 5.3 lbs for a total two week loss of 9.6lbs. The first two weeks I usually do have a good weight loss. I know it will not continue at this rate but, I will not give up this time.

Everyone keep up the great work.

Lynn

'Morning all,

I watched the DVD. It certainly looks doable. Of course I did not get up and DO it this morning even though it was raining. LOL Go figure!

I am going out of town for the weekend. About 5 hours away. I plan to have fun!

I will check you all out Sunday or Monday.

Good for you Lynn-at least it was coming off fast rather than going on fast. I have experienced it both ways. :)

Natalie

Thanks Lynn for asking. My biopsy showed that i have a skin disease and will have to use meds the rest of my life :( HO HUM This really sucks :mad:

As for my daughter i went to the docs yesterday and she says her gallbladder is fine BUT she has a fatty liver. GEEZ it sounds just like me now. She now how to go on a diet and go back for a followup visit.

While at the docs yesterday for my 3 month visit the doc noticed my throat on the right side felt a little enlarged so now i have an appt. for a thyroid ultrasound on Aug 8th. I also have a bump on my neck and this is the 2nd time she wanted to refer me to a sugeon for a biopsy. Let me tell you i declined for the 2nd time in 3 months. This ***** is worrying the hell out of me. I also told her about how bad my back and side are burning but she didn't seem to worried about it since i have a herniated disc. She wants me to go to therapy but i told her i'm still too fat and don't feel comfy about going. She was very happy about my weightloss though :)

Well i hope you all have a great weekend and are all doing fine. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Lynn your weightloss is fabulous. Keep up the great work it's really paying off.

Have a great weekend everyone :D

~~Debbie~~

Hello everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your week-end.

Lynn~You go girl! You have done an awesome job on your diet. Keep up the good work.

Debbie~I am so sorry to hear about the health issues you and your DD are going through right now. Also the fact that you are feeling so down. Stress puts alot on our bodies. Please take care of yourself and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Natalie~I understand Romans 7:15 all too clearly. LOL But flip back to Psalm 18:32. I hope you are enjoying your week-end away.

Suzanna~You are doing an excellent job with your work outs. Keep building up your stamina. Isn't it amazing how much better you feel?

Tami~I bet you and your crew are having a blast! Enjoy...

Had a pretty good weigh-in Monday, July 24th. Lost -1 lb. Now down 37 lbs.

The encouragement and support shown here is so important. You are an awesome bunch of ladies! Everyone keep up the good work and enjoy the rest of your week-end.

Take care & chat later...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

Hi everyone! We're back. Camping was ok. We had fun but the weather decided to have it's way with us a bit. It's been extremely hot here and HUMID. Luckily we were back in a shady little cul de sac and the heat wasn't too bad but the humidity made everything really clammy. Wed. night we had really bad storms and got at least 3 inches of rain and then some more rain Thursday evening. It took 4 times through the washer to de-mud some of the kids' clothes!:D Good thing I only sent old, yucky cut offs and t-shirts for them.

On Wed. I stayed behind with the baby while they all went tubing down the river. It was nice because he napped and played so I got lots of reading done. That's a rarity these days. Thursday we all went for a hike through a canyon and up a waterfall and then over to the pool. The pool wasn't any exercise because I played with baby-man in the kiddie pool but the hike was nice. Of course we had to walk to the bathrooms several times a day so I got lots of walking in anyway so I'm not worried about the WOEX. I could really feel it in my feet and legs.

Today I'm working back into the normal routine of things.

I'll try to catch up on posts later.

Tami

Guest suzeycruisey

Hi everyone, hope you had a great weekend. We were finally able to just sit outside by the pool yesterday and enjoy some sunshine without running crazy all weekend, so I am feeling pretty relaxed today.

Wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for encouraging me with my fitness plan. Reading the words and everyone's experiences each day has been a huge help and motivator! I am happy to say that I have successfully completed 5 weeks of boot camp, and am starting Day One of Week 6 today, up to 40 minutes on the elliptical. When I think about it, I just want to do a happy dance because I am so proud of myself!

We are having some work done around the house today through Wednesday, so I am not sure how much I will be able to check in the beginning of the week, but I am weighing in tomorrow and will be sure to post my progress even if it's a quick update.

Stay positive today everyone, and take a step to reach your goals!

Suzanna

Hi

Quick check in

Debbie-You are never too fat for pt. They modify everything! Trust me I know :) I am glad you are on the road to at least finding out what is going. I am keep you and dd in my prayers.

Tami-You are one active person. I hope to be one too.

Kathi-You go girl! Thank you for Psalms 18:32 it too gives me the ANSWER!

Needless to say this weekend I should have said whoa! Inconsistency is the problem I am facing. I know what it takes, yet I am rebellious and pay the consequences.

I did not walk this morning because I had to wash my hair and return the rental care before work. The temperature will be in the mid 90's today, so lunchtime outdoor walking is out. I do have that DVD that I can do at home.

Everyone-keep up the great work. Thanks for sharing how it works.

Have a great day.

Natalie

Thanks again Natalie :D It just never seems to end and gets very frustrating ya know.

Just got back from my weigh-in at WW and i'm down another pound this week. My total so far is 45.8 pounds lost. I don't think i'm going to make my goal of 199 by Nov 26th before our cruise which makes me soooo mad. BUT i will keep trying.

My hubby is driving me nuts over here because now that my parents have had to cancel their cruises he wants to cancel our Dec 7th cruise and go on the Crown Princess in Sept. :eek: I would rather stick with my NCL cruises so wish me luck over here. LOL

We also booked the NCL Gem for 2008 which you can see in my sig and i can't wait. We have my Mom & Dad and Sis and Boyfriend going along too. It should be lots of fun.

Hubby is home today and wants the computer so have a great day everybody and god bless. Good Luck with your weightloss as well.

~~Debbie~~

Hello everyone~

Just a quick check-in before going to bed.

Tami~Welcome back. Hope you found time to rest. Coming back from vacation and facing laundry is the pits.

Suzanna~You are doing an awesome job on your boot camp. Keep up the good work!

Natalie~I admit it is hard to get outside with the heat to get any type of exercise. Maybe we could all meet over Suzanna's house and do water aerobics in her pool. ~~~:D I will bring the bottled water.

Debbie~Great job on your weight loss. When did you start WW? You have already lost over 45 lbs. That is awesome!!

Today was my weigh-in day. I lost -2 lbs. Total loss -39 lbs since April 24th. Now just to stay focused...

I keep you all in my prayers. I pray for your strength and determination to meet the goals you have set for yourself. Thank you for your encouragement and support.

Take care & chat later...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

hi all- I;m FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!! I'm still stuck at 201. I've been here for such a long time. I'm eating well and I'm exercising 4-5 days a week. What the heck???? I took my measurements the other day and I have lost inches so I am making progress but in 6 weeks I still weigh exactly the same from that date to today. I've changed up my workout routine again in hopes of getting things moving and started back on a stricter phase of SouthBeach.

I have just under 4 months until Jamaica and I'd like to lose 20 pounds before then. That's not an unreasonable goal. There are no major holidays EXCEPT my 40th birthday between now and then so no excuses there. I'm celebrating my 40th with a hot air balloon ride!!!! I'm so excited! Another item checked off my "must do" list.

I have been coming to the conclusion lately that I need to get out and get some new and more adventurous girlfriends. We've been discussing the possiblity of taking a mom's getaway for over a year now. We had planned on Oct. of last year as a starter but then one got pregnant and the whole area we were planning on going to got wiped out by Katrina anyway so... Now we're bringing it up again but yeesh! One of the 4 won't go if she can't take her kids so she's out. One won't leave the continental US soil and the other one's idea of adventure is to sit on board a ship all day and play german board games. I like the games she plays too but I want adventure. I need new girlfriends to travel with! Ones who challenge me.

Natalie- I didn't used to be an active person but there were too many things that I wanted to do like Scuba dive, hike with my kids, etc. I just had to start at the beginning with a little every day. I still feel like I have so far to go to be where I want to be but I know I've made a huge difference from where I was a year or two years ago.

Well, my exercise clothes are on and baby-man is ready for a nap. Time to go put him down and get my exercise done for the day. Yesterday was circuit training. Today is 15 on the elliptical and 30 on the bike.

Tami

Kathi.... I started WW on Jan 23rd of this year. I know what i lost is great don't get me wrong BUT i just wanted to be at 199 when we left and with my weight coming off sooooooo slowly now i really don't think i can do it. I just changed my calendar this morning and counted how many more weigh-ins i have until we leave and i only have 16 more weeks. If i keep losing a stupid pound every week i won't even hit 65 pounds. :eek: And i actually thought when i started that i would lose a 100. HUH :(

Tami.... Hang in there hun. We ALL have those moments when you just feel like giving up BUT you will get through this. Try doing different exercises for a few weeks and see if you lose that way. Here's wishing you lots of luck :D

Have a great day everybody !!!!!!!!!

~~Debbie~~

Owww! I'm really sore. I pushed up the volume with my workouts this week by adding 15 minutes on the elliptical torture device to my cardio workouts. It's not bad while I'm doing it but I feel it the next day.:D So far I'm actually up 1.5 but I'm going to chalk it up to water retention! Hopefully by this time next week that will drop. Today is a circuit training day and I'm going to modify it again to do in the pool since it's so stinking hot. I'm ready for ski season!

Tami

Guest suzeycruisey

Hi everyone,

Just a quick post today since the heater/AC guy is here doing our annual cleaning/check-up and I have a million things to do. So in the past 5 weeks on boot camp I have lost a total of.................21.5 pounds!!

Yes that's right, 21.5. I was totally shocked. That puts me at 241 and feeling great. It is funny b/c I have been this weight before (I've been every weight before ha ha) and I feel thinner in my clothes at this weight than I did before. But maybe that is because I am really heavy into working out right now. Maybe I should be keeping track of measurements too and that would give me a more accurate picture of things.

Anyway that is my story right now...wanted to update everyone since *I know* you have all been on the edge of your seats...:p

Take care everyone, and have a great day!

Suzanna

Hi all! Just a quick check in today. I did my circuit training in the pool yesterday. Today I'm taking off because my mom, sisters and I are going to a dinner theater. It will be good though because I'm really sore and could use the day to let my muscles rest.

Suzanna! Congratulations. That's awesome.

Tami

Hi everybody.........

I'm gonna really surprise you all with this one. Are ya ready?

I actually did the treadmill 3 days in a row and did 2 miles each day :eek:

I need to drop this weight and one way or another i will :D

Tami... Have fun at your dinner. We all do need a break after a while don't we.

Susanna... That is awesome keep up the great work girlfriend :)

My body is telling me whose boss but i'm not listening. LOL

Stay cool everybody and have a great day ;)

~~Debbie~~