Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital_curator

Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Just a quick check-in since I need to leave to go to my daughter's and watch my grandchildren.

Not a good week weight wise. I have gained .4 lb. Not happy about it but after all the major upheaval this week I understand. I will do better next week. I continue to add 2 minutes a week to my daily treadmill and drink 80 oz of water.

Hope everyone has a successful week.

Lynn

OK everybody my doc just called and said the noduales in my neck should be no bigger than 10 in diameter and 1 is an 11 and the other is an 18. Also 1 is calcified. Now i need to go for a biopsy asap and the earliest appt they have is sept 14th. I will go nuts by then. I have to try and talk to someone else about getting in sooner and have my docs fax the report to them. PLEASE wish me luck with all of this. I feel sick to my stomach right now.

Check in later....

~~Debbie~~

OK everybody my doc just called and said the noduales in my neck should be no bigger than 10 in diameter and 1 is an 11 and the other is an 18. Also 1 is calcified. Now i need to go for a biopsy asap and the earliest appt they have is sept 14th. I will go nuts by then. I have to try and talk to someone else about getting in sooner and have my docs fax the report to them. PLEASE wish me luck with all of this. I feel sick to my stomach right now.

Check in later....

~~Debbie~~

{{{Debbie}}}} Hang in there! I know how frustrating it is for the doctors to instill a sense of urgency THEN say oh the first appointment we have for your urgent matter is WEEKS away! Just like when the check engine light on your only car comes on and the manual says stop driving it immediately and cal the dealer. When you call they say oh that is not good bring it in next month on Friday! Are they crazy?? The only thing I have found to truly combat the anxiety of waiting and not knowing is prayer. I'll help. :) Stick to your WOE/WOEx no matter what. This is where the rubber meets the road. Trust me on that. You do not want to add disappointment in yourself to the mix. You can do it.

Lynn-The road is never as straight as it should be. There should be a "re-do" button to fix that foolishness. Keep up the good work.

Tami-You go girl. 45 minutes and 20 minutes.

Suzanna-I decided to mix up my workout and did The Biggest Loser Workout this morning. Oh my goodness, I did the low intensity workout and sweated like a pig! It was much harder than it looked. The DVD has 3 separate workouts plus an option to make up your own combination.

Kathi-I know you are keeping up the good work.

Sisterhood-I am on day 2 of a different very structured WOE and not a bit happy! The plain yogurt with cinnamon and an apple cut up tasted much better today than yesterday. I am planning to keep doing what is best even though I really do not want to.

Have a great weekend.

Natalie

Im New to cruising and this thread. I have approx 120 lbs to lose. (I will be happy at 200) On all the other diet threads they only seem to need otlose 20-30 lbs. They just cant relate!..I have 4 herniations in my back which make it hard to anything (even walk) but somehow i do!. Im doing water arobics..helps alot..(still hard) the cortizone shots didint help me unfortuanlty. Im trying..day by day. Im almost scared to go on my first cruise in 2 weeks..soounds by ohter threads that ppl have issues with big gals...id hate ot have to be rude and tell rude ppl off :) tell me..is it that bad..or do ppl just look to have fun like us?

Guest suzeycruisey

Welcome Feisty_Lass to our board! We have a great group of people here, just trying to give everyone support and encouragement on our journeys. Don't be scared to cruise! I have cruised at my heaviest weight, and at my lightest weight, (I am about halfway between those two #s right now) and I can honestly say I did not notice a difference in how I was treated by others. I spent too long worrying about what others thought of me, and in the last year or so I decided enough was enough! I was far harder on myself than anyone else was, and once I decided to just relax and enjoy myself, those negative feelings all but disappeared. You will have a wonderful cruise, there are people of all shapes and sizes onboard. Remember most people do not look like the tanned, taut, bikini-clad models in the ads.

Water aerobics are a great workout--if you read through the posts you will notice that we all have different ways of eating (WOE) and ways of exercise (WOEx)--so just do your best and make sure and come here for support! We are here for you.

Natalie ~ what is the Biggest Loser workout? I am always looking for new DVDs to try...

Big hugs to everyone today!

Suzanna

Guest suzeycruisey

AHHHHH I hit "submit" before I finished what I wanted to say! One of those days...

Tami ~ 65 minutes!?!? That is awesome girl! Keep up the good work!

Lynn ~ Don't worry about this *minor* setback...what happened last week is in the past! Keep up the good work!

Debbie ~ sorry to hear about what is going on with you...big {{{{hug}}} for you. Don't let the doctors give you the runaround, remember this is your health and no one will care for your health as much as you will, even if it means being a bit *gasp* nasty on the phone and demanding an appointment. I am always appalled at that when they tell you something has to be done immediately and then you can't get an appointment for weeks at a time.

As far as I am concerned, I had to switch up my schedule this week because I have to be at church all evening, and just found out I have to accompany my DH on a work project this afternoon, so I won't be working out today. I will use today as my "off day" instead of Sunday. Other than that, things are going well. I am thankful for TODAY!

Suzanna :)

Welcome Feisty Lass--you are in the right place. This is the big losers thread. Suzanna summed it all up. People appear to have a problem when we have a problem with ourselves. I have cruised at close to 300 pounds and at 140 the difference was in me. Get a good WOE established in the 2 weeks before you and follow it and ENJOY yourself!

Suzanna-The DVD is literally called The Biggest Loser Workout. It is with trainer Bob from the second season contestants. I found it Borders. I bet it is available on Amazon.com. I am sure you will love it. BTW When you submit before you are finished look at the bottom of your post for the edit button. You can correct or add to your post, if you do it immediately after submitting. Don't ask how I know. LOL

I am sitting here and not exercising. Today is the day I am to do 2x as much cardio. And quite frankly I DO NOT WANT to do it. I am going to get up in a few minutes after looking through the "new posts" and do Leslie Sansone 3 miles walk in its entirety. I think it is 45 minutes. Then I will decide when I will do 15 more minute today or maybe not. Can you tell I am whining? :p

My WOE has been going well. I do not like it either. But the results that others have experienced are keeping me going.

I hope everyone has a really good weekend.

Hi all- Our broadband company took a lightning bolt on Thursday and we were without computer all day yesterday. I was nearly having DT's!:D No exercise yesterday just a power shopping trip to walmart. All the kids are outgrowing their summer stuff and they will be needing some in Nov. for our Jamaica trip so I went and stocked up while it was on clearance and still available. DS needed swim shoes because his were size 5. The new pair are a Men's 8!:eek: He won't even be 9 until Nov. BTW. The boy has some HUGE feet!

Oldest DD's swim suit still fit but her one piece was a hand me down from a friend and was getting a bit thin. Youngest DD has grown so much this summer that her one piece shows nipple.:rolleyes: It was baggy on her at the start of the summer. I also bought swim diapers for baby-man in 2 sizes while they were on clearance. Since have a pool it's something I know we'll use.

Fiesty Lass- Welcome!

Debbie- Hang in there. Perhaps you could ask them to call you if they have a cancellation so you could get in sooner. If you have the flexibility of doing things last minute doctors often have short notice openings where someone couldn't have their test because something else came up or they were sick.

Natalie and Suzanna- I just checked out the Biggest Loser workout dvd from the library last week. I only got a chance to watch the basic workout and the bootcamp but it's definitely a good workout. There's no way I could do the bootcamp without permanently losing use of my shoulder because of the weight work they do. I'm not sure I'd buy it because I tend not to do DVDs but I'll probably check it out again next time and watch the rest of it.

Tami

Tami--You are my kinda woman. Before I logged on I was asking myself if a power walk at Sam's Club could/should count for my additional 15 minutes from Saturday. LOL I was there about an hour with only 2 less than 5 minute breaks. So gosh darn it I am counting it. Was it you and I that agreed early on that when fat folks move in anyway it is to be counted. :) I have only done the basic BLW low intensity workout. I looked at the boot camp and said those folks are out of their minds.

I have followed my WOE today. I feel pretty good. I got into a tiff with a member of this group about church. You all know that religion, politics and sex are forbidden subjects in most circles. But he went there. Here is what I learned: There was no need for me to try and defend my position. I only got myself upset and set myself up to overeat. BTW I did not. No matter how structured a program is no body is perfect. So I saw him today and gave him a big hug. I was advised to pray for him.

I am looking forward to another day of my WOE/WOEx.

Did I tell you all that my cruise is only 2 months away. I am not as excited as I had been for 2 reasons: money-lack of and clothes-lack of. I have been doing the cash thing for 3 years now. This year lots of things have come up that required me to be detoured in my saving for the cruise related expenses. I have not gotten my flight reservations yet. :( And based on my ability to save I will not have as much money as I would like to spend. The good news is this WOE excludes alcohol! So that cuts the amount needed tremendously! Yes, I have gone before on less funds and it was OK. I am just sad that I had really planned to take advantage of some shopping. I will still do it but on a more cautious basis.

The second problem is clothes. Since I did lose some weight already, but not enough to go out and buy all new clothes; I have clothes that are too big. But they are very nice! I just wanted all new ones. I know it will be OK. I may be able to pick up a couple nice pieces really cheap since the retail summer season is over.

Thanks for listening.

Debbie-B R E A T H E and hug yourself.

Natalie

Hello everyone. Hope all of you have had a restful weekend. Sorry I cannot get in here and post as much as I would like. But you are in my thoughts and I am always wandering how you guys are doing.

Fiesty-Lass ~ Welcome to this thread We have an awesome bunch of ladies here. Very supportive, understanding and informative. I hope you get as much from this thread as we do.

Regarding people who have issues with big gals on your cruise ship. I wouldn't worry...People are like clothing, just about anything goes...;) If you do encounter someone that is taking too much notice of other folks...their way of thinking is just shallow. In all honesty, everyone is on that ship just to have a good time. And you should do the same. I wish we were leaving in 2 weeks. Have a great time and once your cruise is over be sure to come back and join us on our journey to a healthier lifestyle. By the time your next cruise rolls around, you will be glad you did!

Debbie ~ I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of these medical issues right now. Hopefully you will get the answers that you need. Remember you are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and stay focused. Sweet hugs to you... Be sure to keep us posted!

To Everyone ~ You guys are doing great with your WOE & WOEx. Keep up the good work and know I keep you guys close in my thoughts and prayers. I am so proud of all of you. You are all a true inspiration and a great source of support.

My day to weigh-in is tomorrow. I hope to have a good week. Last Monday I lost -1 lb.

Well, it is past bed time so I better go. Take care and have a great week!

Chat later...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

Good morning everyone,

My day is off to a good start. I increased my walk by 2 minutes as suggested. I have my WOE planned out from the night before-only have to make it up. I like returning to a disciplined way of doing it. Tami speaks and acts on it regularly. I used to do it--now I remember ho much more freeing it is to have the food you need and to know what you are going to have.

Oops I got distracted and did not finish this and now it is time to leave for work.

Talk to you all son.

Natalie

Hi all- Well, WOE was only semi successful last week but I exercised 4 days so I'm pleased about that. AND that's not including the day I powershopped! I'm going to try for 5 days this week.

Natalie- good for you for not eating after getting in that disagreement! There are some people who just feel the need to get things stirred up for their own pleasure because it makes their world seem less bad if others are upset. I have a family member who tries the same thing when she sees me. The thing is the only person who gets worked up is her. I've know since I was a young child that I didn't have the same world view as many of my family members. I'm good with that. And I'm much calmer and less likely to be caught up in the back stabbing that goes on in their groups. My theory was that if their religion didn't give me a sense of peace and tranquility in my life it was up to me to find one that did. Certain family members didn't take that so well.:D Some of them drive 60 miles to go to the same church my grandparents did even though they admit that they would love to try something different or closer and when my grandfather was dying the minister was awful to my mother! I don't get it but I can't live their lives for them so I just try to stay out of it.

Tami

Hi everybody!!!!!!

Thank You ALL for the support you have given me. I'm still waiting for university radiology to call so i can pick up my films and drop them off at the hospital. Then when i get home i have to call the docs office so they can scedule the biopsy. This is such a pain in the butt.

Well anyway the treadmill paid off for me this week at weigh-in. I'm down 3.2 pounds this week. FINALLY :D: I guess i will have to keep it up huh?

Have a great day and again thanks for all your prayers :)

~~Debbie~~

Good morning,

Debbie-Glad to hear your are hanging in. I am so proud of your loss! The consistency paid off. That is a good reminder for me WHEN my turn comes and we all know it will.

Tami-Thanks for the support. I agree with all that you said. Since then I had another little tiff. I talked to the woman this morning and told her that if it was a problem I would find someone else to work with. It was an interesting conversation. She said she was not used to being confronted by someone she was trying to help. I said I was not used to being judged by someone trying to help me. LOL The air was cleared. No emotional eating for me today.

I did the BLW workout this morning. That is a toughie. I modified a lot today. I must protect my knees for the cruise. :)

Everyone have a wonderful day.

Natalie

Hi all- Pretty good day yesterday. DH brought home stromboli's for dinner :eek: but I only had 2 small sections and a big salad for dinner. Six months ago I would have eaten one by myself and gone looking for dessert. I got 30 minutes on the bike yesterday too.

Debbie- I'm thinking of you. Sometimes I think getting all the tests done is worse than getting a diagnosis. At least once you know you can get moving and making it better. The waiting is a killer. I'm not a patient waiter.

Natalie- GOOD FOR YOU! Sound like we both stood up to someone yesterday. I've been fighting a bill from my Grandma's former attorney for a while. He messed up her 2004 taxes and then had the nerve to send me another bill for the time he spent "researching" the error which he claims to not have made. He FORGOT to add her social security from her 10-99 and the form is right there in the folder! So between the $375 he charged in the first place, the $270 interest she had to pay the IRS and the $152 he charged to "research" her 2004 taxes have now cost us over $800 to have prepared! I finally had enough yesterday, sent him the check for the balance and the filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Indianapolis. I doubt I'll get the money back but at least he'll have a complaint on file.:mad: It isn't the first issue we have had with him. Her trust documents were so poorly done that we had to redo parts of them too. He works with all these elderly people in the retirement communities and really takes advantage. It was bad enough that the women at Grandma's back felt the need to warn me about him on more than one occasion.

Tami

Good morning all,

Had a no exercise morning.:( Not sure if I can fit it in today. I have running around to do in the car at lunch time. And I have a meeting with the financial planner this evening. So I do not think so. I had to do some house cleaning that was someone else's responsibility, but since I needed the kitchen clean to prepare my planned food for today, I did it. I have been praying to not hold the resentment I feel.

Tami-Good for you for filling the complaint. It is so sad when folks take advantage of anyone, but especially the elderly. That attorney will probably be in the same part of h e double toothpicks that my uncle will be in. He literally scooped up my grandma, took her out of state, used her money to build a brand new home, put her in a facility and did not bother to tell us when she (I assume) died. I found her once, but then lost contact. So you see it takes all kinds and there are special places for them.

Everyone keep up your WOE/WOEX

Peace

Hi all- No exercise again yesterday! However today we're going to the State Fair so I'll be doing tons of walking. I'm planning on a gyro and either a pineapple whip (like ice cream only with pineapple juice) or small ice cream for dessert. I've really lost my taste for the fried stuff. Never was one for the corn dog/elephant ear type thing anyway.

Natalie- We all have a relative or two like that. I have a SIL right now who is due any minute. We're waiting to see if this one is actually my brother's. He doesn't seem to figure it out but the last one couldn't possibly have been conceived before he left for Iraq and been born when she was. :rolleyes:

Tami

Good morning all,

State Fair--that brings back memories :) Have a great time.

I have tickets to Cedar Point Amusement Park that have to be used by the end of October. Ask me why my dear friend who knows what type of WOE I am following would ask if I wanted to go during Oktoberfest. I just gently (NOT) reminded her that I am not going to willingly subject myself to an intention pig out. She said she was sorry. So we will go to the park on a regular day and I will plan my food as Tami and others do.

Did not exercise this morning. I cleaned the kitchen floor. It is white (not my choice) ceramic tile. So down on the floor I went to wash, rinse and dry. It took 30 minutes total. I was sweating! I am going to walk at lunch time since I MUST go to the bank today.

I am feeling a lot better with out those substances in my overly sensitive body.

Everyone continue to keep up the good work. Together we can do this.

Natalie

Hi all!

Tami - enjoy the fair. I skipped our county fair last week because I love "treat street". I still have a hard time staying away from the fried and sweet stuff. I never considered planning for success as you have. Smart girl.

Natalie - It sounds like our uncles went to the same school. After 20 years of (me) taking care of my grandmother my uncle came and took her right after my mother died. I never got to say goodbye. She died within the year.

Debbie - Congratulations on your weight loss. Hope you get in for your test soon. I will think good thoughts for you.

Well it has been a better week. I lost 5.2lbs, after gaining last week. I was really surprised since I had pizza one night. Been sticking with the treadmill and water. I would like to know when walking on the treadmill will stop being so unpleasant. I have often heard of people falling in love with their exercise and can't wait each day to do it. NOT ME! Each minute seems like a chore but, I do it and add the 2 minutes each week. Total 5 week loss is 16.6.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Lynn

WOW Lynn CONGRATS on that fabulous weight-loss this week :D: That is awesome. Keep up the great work and thanks for the congrats and prayers.

I called the docs last night and the receptionist told me they want me to come in Sept. 11th BUT she's gonna see if my doc can work some of her magic to get me in sooner. Wish me luck because even with taking 3 xanax a day i'm still a mess. I want to be able to focus on our cruise coming up and don't want to have to worry. We planned this cruise a year ago and i don't want anything to go wrong :(

I'm staying OP and doing the treadmill. Monday i did a mile and Tues, Wed and Thurs. i did 2 miles. I'm hoping to lose at least 25 more pounds before we leave but i think i only have 13 more weeks to go. I guess we will see. Last May when we were on the Dawn i was 287 so i guess what ever else i lose will be better than nothing. My family is so happy and proud of me for sticking with the program. I really think it's the meetings that do it for me.

Everyone Else i hope your ALL doing fine and staying OP also.

Have to finish cleaning so i'll chat with you all later.....{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

~~Debbie~~

Happy Friday!

Debbie-I am praying that you get an earlier appointment too. I have 8 weeks to go. So I am hopeful that by really sticking to my WOE/WOEX I will have lost 16 pounds. I am now BACK at 243 up from 239 a month ago , but on the down swing. The exercise is going to at least help us be able to keep up with folks no matter our size. Plus a little sweating won't be as bothersome. :)

Lynn--Sister I knew I would find you sooner or later! Uncles---at least I have some on my dad's side that really compensate for that one. Great weight loss. I use an iPod while on the treadmill. I fill it with both secular and non-secular upbeat music. I play the slower songs at the beginning and end. I have found that I like the songs and the beat keeps me going. The television watching did not help. BTW if you are holding on while walking- don't -it hurts your posture and you not maximizing the workout. And no I am not just jumping for joy to do it either, but once I get a rhythm going I am OK and enjoy it. LOL

Tami-Waiting for the Fair Report.

Have a good weekend.

Natalie

WOW Lynn..... That was a fabulous weight-loss. Congrats and keep up the great work and thanks for the congrats and prayers as well.

I called the docs last night and they (the hospital) gave me an appoitment for Sept 11th. The receptionest said my doc is going to try and work her magic to get me in earlier. Wish me luck. Even though i'm taking 3 xanax a day i'm still a mess over here :(

I wish i could concentrate on our cruise coming up in Nov but until this is done i really can't seem to get excited about it yet. We booked this cruise last year and i'm hoping nothing goes wrong.

I'm hoping to lose another 25 pounds before we leave but i think i only have 13 more weeks to go so i'm not to sure about that. Last year while on the Dawn i was 287 so i guess anything is better than nothing.

I'm staying OP and doing the treadmill as well. On Monday i did 1 mile and on Tues, Wed, and Thurs. i did 2 miles. My daughter yesterday was nice enough to put cruise music on while i was doing it. I was only going to do a mile BUT with the music going i couldn't stop. LOL :)

To everyone else i hope all is well with ALL of you and keep up the great work also ;)

Back to cleaning for now so i will chat with you all later......

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

~~Debbie~~

Ok sorry about the double post but i don't know what happened because i checked to see if my thread went through before and i didn't see it so i tried to remember what i typed earlier and sent it again and now i see 2 of them :eek:

SORRY!!!!!!!!

~~Debbie~~

Hi all- Just got a chance to get on line. The American Idols concert was AWESOME! They've really put alot of polish on since the show. We walked everywhere and my legs are killing me today. I ate my gyro and half of a 16 oz milkshake from the dairy barn. It was to hot and the shake was too much chocolate for it to be tolerable to drink more. WOW! Did I just say something was too chocolate????:eek: Tastes do change.

I'm up a pound today but i'm not sure if that's the fair or PMS. Either way it should leave in a day or two. Gotta run and make a Trader Joes run. We have homeschool day camp next week and I have to get things for lunch for youngest DD that won't trigger all her allergies.

Tami

Hi

I forgot to tell you that I did walk 20 minutes at lunch as planned Thursday. I did the walking DVD for 32 minutes yesterday. Today I did not exercise this morning. I went to the hairdresser. Now ladies, you know that I can not possibly exercise and get my hair all sweaty. LOL At least not the first day.

My WOE has been going really well. I am feeling too many feelings since I am not using food today.

I have a party to go to this evening. I called ahead to see what the menu will be and have planned ahead. I am committed to sticking as close to the plan as possible as far as the amounts.

Everyone have a good day.