Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digital_curator

Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

ive chosen to do weight watchers and a personal trainer... can you say my legs hurt already.... owweeeeeeeeeeeee when i get home from work i will walk with the dog for 30 min also... thus far to day i have drunk 84 oz of water.... i think all i do is go to the bathroom:cool:

Hi all- Still working on getting back on track with eating but I did 30 minutes on the bike and strength training yesterday.

Steph- I can relate to the sore legs! My hip flexors are killing me. I really need to do some yoga today.

Lynn- Sadness effects your weightloss efforts and should definitely be shared here. We're here to support you in everything. I wouldn't have made it through my Grandma falling and breaking her hip without my CC buddies last year.

Tami

Hi all,

Good to see you Kathi

Welcome Steph

Tami--You can do it.

Lynn--I know we tell you we really care and want to hear. Soon you will believe us. The things that we go through can cause us to veer way off track. Here we are reminded that we are not alone and that overeating will not make anything better, but sharing it will help. {{{{Lynn}}}

I'll give the brother update when I return.

I have not posted in 2 or more days...running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I have been up each morning at 5AM and have not had a nap. I have not even had a chance to watch TV and do crossword puzzles. :( Can you believe I am on vacation? I better go back to work so I can rest. Whew

Anyway, I went to the ENT doctor Tuesday. After filling out a three page questionnaire, which BTW he went over with me, he concluded I have BBPV -benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. He did a procedure called Epley in the office. The long and short of it is there are small crystals floating in the balance canal of the ear. They can get in there by merely getting in or out of the bed or even rolling over. I couldn't believe it when I read it. Mine started literally with a return trip from the bathroom at 5:30 AM on July 1. Anyway,he showed me how to do the procedure at home 3x a day for 1 week. I felt wonderful when I left his office. I should mention the exercise makes you dizzy. LOL Go figure.

I have not exercised yet. I at least know I can. Smile.

I am leaving for GA at 6AM in the morning. I am not sure if the hotel has Internet or not. It is an economy deal. I will be gone until late Sunday night. So at the latest I will check in Monday. Happy Labor Day.

My Woe is really staying consistent. Thank God. I am driving to Ga so I have packed up everything I need for breakfast each morning. Two nights worth of dinners. And salad fixings for lunch. I am sure I can find some non fried chicken or at least a bun-less burger somewhere in that vast state. The hotel has refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. I am really grateful to be reminded that I need to plan ahead and at least have a plan, if I am to be successful. For too long I have left this responsibility up to the weight fairy-the one with that magic wand that removes all the calories. . Guess what I found out ? She is in cahoots with the for money diet program folks.

Look forward to finding out what's going on when I get back.

Hi all- Just a quickie today. rode the bike for 30 yesterday and today is strength training. Don't know if I'll get time for more than that as it's homeschool day and then off to school. I have a meeting with my professor about my project.

Natalie- glad to hear you got an answer about your vertigo. Have a good time in GA.

Tami

Happy Labor Day

Hi all,

I am back from GA. I am so thankful I took my breakfast food and some dinner food. It really turned out very nice. It saved on money and on worry.

I thought I had posted Saturday??? anyway, I did use the fitness room at the hotel. I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. The same day we went to Discovery Place, a place that has all the interactive science stuff in it. We walked around the majority of time...so you know I count that. The miracle was that I was able to keep up and did not need to constantly rest. This is very good for my upcoming cruise on October 15. YEAH!!!

I will resume my regular workouts in the morning.

Talk to you all soon.

Natalie

Hi,

I worked out at the Y this morning E A R LY ! It felt good to be able to swing my arms and not have my breasts bouncing and hurting me. I have been feeling a bit sad because they are smaller than I had anticipated.

I plan to exercise in the AM as well-perhaps at home.

Have a great day everyone.

hi all- I forgot to post my progress on Monday so I'll do that today. I'm down a pound which is better than nothing. 202.5. This weekend could be tough. It's my 40th birthday.:eek: We have a festival Friday night, gamenight/party with friends on Saturday and then command performance with the family on Sunday. I'm keeping up the exercise for sure this week because the calories could be bad.

Gotta run and do my weight training.

Tami

Good Morning Ladies and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMI.

I would like to thank you all again for your great support.

Just returned from a spur of the moment trip to Oregon. We have made the decision to basically not make a decision at this time regarding the major move. We will revisit the question in 6 months. The good thing is I got to spend 5 days with my son and his family (2 of my very precious granddaughters).

I have been way off my WOE but back to it this morning. The scales say I have gained. Would they lie to me?:rolleyes: I did get a lot of exercise just keeping up with the family. Again I just need to focus, focus, focus.

Have to run, things have really piled up.

Wishing everyone the best for the week!

Lynn

Hi all- Just a quickie again today. I did my strength training and walked 2 miles yesterday. Today is my day off as we have park day if the kids ever get done with school work and then I have school tonight.

Tami

Hi

Where is everyone? Schedules as hectic as mine I suspect. LOL

I am definitely following my WOE. My WOEx has been really off track. For instance this week I have exercised once so far. Yes, I am keeping hope alive for the remainder of this week.

My brother had a follow-up appointment for more tests. The results will be back in 5-10 days. Keep those prayers and healing light coming Norman's way.

Let me know what's going on. We are all in this together. It is getting very close to the danger zone time of year. You know the time when you forget to take care of yourself first. I do not want to forget to take me of first this year.

Hugs

Natalie

Hi Natalie- I've been trying to get here, we just had computer drama. My WOEX is going well but the eating part is only so-so. I'm down to 200.5 though so that's 2.5 down. Finally, some danged progress!

I'm keeping your brother in my thoughts. I'll try to check in if we don't get more storms and get taken down again.

Tami

Hello Everybody...

I'm sorry i haven't posted in a while but i've been sick the past 6 weeks and i went for my thyroid biopsy last friday.

The doc called before and the results of course aren't what i was hoping for :( She says i have paploid cancer (sorry if it's not spelled right)

She says the good thing is that they caught it early as i go every 3 months for my regular check-ups and bloodwork.

I have an appt. with the surgeon on Sept. 27th and then i guess they will send me for pre- admission testing and set up surgery for me. They have to remove my thyriod and then do something with iodine (not sure for what) then i will have to take a pill the rest of my life.

She did say this is a very slow cancer so i shouldn't have to worry. She also said i don't have to worry about it spreading. THANK GOD !!!!!!

Needless to say i'm a nervous wreck about our cruise because we leave Nov 26th for 3 weeks and we just made final payment last friday. I don't want to have to cancel as we booked it a year and a half ago and am really looking forward on going. PLEASE WISH ME LUCK WITH EVERYTHING.

As for my weight-loss progress i'm down 60.4 pounds so far and am hoping to lose another 15 before we leave. I'm actually down 65 pounds because i was 5 pounds heavier before i started weight watchers in Jan.

A little tired over here so i'm gonna go for now but i just wanted to let my sisters know what was going on ;)

Thanks for listening and take care everybody :)

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

~~Debbie~~

Debbie~I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad to hear that they caught it early. I pray that you can get whatever treatments necessary prior to your cruise and still be able to go on with your 3 week cruise. Did your doctor think that was a good possibility? Take good care of yourself. Down 65 lbs...good job!!!

Natalie~We were just up in Ohio last week-end. We drove up to visit some very dear friends of ours. They live on the out skirts of Columbus. His cancer has come back and spread to his bones. It was a very bitter sweet week-end. Your brother will remain in my thoughts & prayers.

Take care everyone.

Much Love...

~Kathi

Hi Kathy... Thank You for the prayers :) I did tell my doc about the cruise and she says she understands about me not wanting to cancel so she is going to try and get me in and get this done asap. She said even if they do the surgery before the cruise then after they can do the iodine when we get back. BUT if it's up to me i would much rather get everything done beforehand. Trust me after the year i have had i plan on doing a LOT of drinking ;) I don't drink any other time except for when we go cruising so i am just hoping everything turns out ok so i could go and have a blast.

Got some cleaning to do so catch up with you later.

Enjoy your day everybody :D

~~Debbie~~

Hi everyone. Can I join you're group?

I need to loose 90-100 lbs. I'm just starting tomorrow. My cruise is May 13, 2007. I'm not going to use any special diet plan. I just want to change the way I eat and make healthy choices in both foods and portion size. And of course make exercise a part of my life.

Debbie, I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You and your doctors are definitely in my prayers. But I feel sure that you will be on that cruise with a Mango Tango in hand - with a floater of course!;)

Have a good night.

Good morning everybody,

Debbie, my dear friend. Thank God you were keeping your appointments, that you knew something wasn't right, that it is a slow moving cancer, that you have a competent and sympathetic oncologist, that you let us know what is going on, that it is treatable, you have lost 65 pounds (yeah for you) and finally thank God that you WILL be on that cruise having a blast. You are a real blessing to our group. I have missed you, but had you in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome Home

Tami-So sorry to hear about the computer drama. I hate when my computer turn into a "puter" and turn on me! You and I must be on the weight loss journey…finally I am back to being under the 240 mark. I was 235.5 Sunday past.

Kathi-I am so sorry to hear about your friend in Ohio. Bitter-sweet is the most exact phrase that can be used. I am sure you blessed them with your quiet faith. I love your example of a spirit filled life.

Yvonne- A Big Fat Welcome (excuse the pun) This is IMHO thee best support group on the CC boards. Feel free to really be you-the good the bad and the ugly. We are here for you. BTW WOE =way of eating WOEx=way of exercising

Sisterhood- The WOEe is excellent. The WOEx is undergoing some renovation. I dropped out of boot camp due to time constraints with school and life. I'll let you know the new plan shortly.

Have an excellent day everyone.

Natalie

Hi all- Sorry I've been gone for a while. It's been a little crazy around here. WOEX is going well. WOE has it's ups and downs. I'm down a couple of pounds though so that's good. I expect to bounce up a couple this week due to PMS but those will drop rapidly in a couple of days.

Debbie- I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis but relieved at the same time that you have one and that it's something that you can do something about. At least now you can take positive steps to get it out of your body and begin healing. I'm not a drinker either but it certainly sounds like your cruise will be the time to go for some nice boat drinks.

Natalie- Anything back from your brother's tests yet?

Kathi- I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I've been through cancer with both inlaws and my grandmother. It's tough to watch. It's very hard on the entire system of family and friends.

Yvonne-Welcome! Nice to "meet" you.

Tami

Good morning to all,

I hope your Monday is off to a good start.

Thanks for the welcome Natalie & Tami. This group does seem caring AND motivated. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone here and sharing in each others journey

Hi everyone,

Looks like there is good support here so I'd thought I'd post. Gotta lose alot of weight by May for my next cruise. So far so good. Lost 10 pounds in 6 days on induction using atkins diet. I will most likely be on induction for 1 month(instead of 2 weeks) and want to shoot for 25 pounds for this month, then I will most likely lose about 12 pounds a month afterwards.

It's almost too easy when I think about it. Just keep the carbs at 10 to 15 grams at most and excercise and it melts off so fast. Just walking 2-3 laps around the block is all the excercise you really need to do to get great results. Although I have a gym membership, I really dont like going there to excercise, I'd rather walk in my neighborhood. I am at work typing this now and about an hour ago, there was a small birthday party for someone and they had a cake. I had to pass on it and said I wasn't hungry in which I think there is now some suspiscion that I may be cutting back. Oh well ... ultimately, there are going to be those moments where you gotta be strong and stick with it even if you are the ONLY one not eating anything. Never let anyone dictate how you should behave and have to 'go with the flow'. You are the one that has to carry the weight around, not them. It's you that has to climb a flight of stairs and barely make it to the top without being out of breath and it's you you has to wear those plus size clothes when you desperately want to wear the sizes and styles that you REALLY want to wear.

Sorry for the long post...I get carried away. :D Anyways, it's going to be a journey to reach your goal, so make the right decisions and you will get there faster. I hope this inspires you to push forward as it does for me. Like the NIKE commercial says... JUST DO IT!

Goal_Seeker

Hi everyone.

Welcome Yvonne & Goal Seeker. You have just joined an awesome group of ladies. I know you will find the encouragement and support you need right here on this thread. Best wishes go out to you as you start your journey with us.

Yvonne~You are on the right road by smaller portions, healthier choices and increased exercises. Of course don't forget your water. I can tell a big difference when I do not get my intake of water.

Goal Seeker~You are doing a fantastic job! Especially with the birthday cake at work. You go girl...WILLPOWER!!! Before you know it, you will be flying up those stairs.

Natalie~Looking forward to hearing of your new plan. I too am trying to get myself re-focused. Natalie, how is your brother doing? Stay strong girl and know he is being prayed for.

Tami~You are doing great on your WOEx and with that...it helps when the WOE is not zoned in. As I have said before...my WOEx suffers more than my WOE. I would not have to be so strict with my WOE if I would get out there and burn more calories each day. My level of activity is a lot better now compared to 4 months ago...but more improvement is needed.

Debbie~How are you doing? My daughter had problems with her thyroid. She had it radiated several years ago. However too much of the thyroid was radiated and she will need to stay on meds from now on. But she leads a very active life and is doing well. The thyroid governs the entire body. Until then, I never realized that. Our thoughts and prayers remain with you. Keep us up to date on your progress. It sounds like you have a really good doctor.

The four days we spent in Ohio, I was off my diet and found myself with a 4 lb. gain. I went back on my diet the Tuesday after we got back. So I have lost the 4 lbs. One step forward~Two steps back~~:rolleyes: On a good note...I am finally in a size 18...or a very, very tight 16~~:eek:

Everyone take care and have a great week.

Much love to the sisterhood...

~Kathi

GoodMorning Everybody.....

I'm doing ok over here. Just a little nervous but other than that i'm ok. The only thing that does worry me is i still have a swollen gland since last Dec. I showed the doc i think back in April and she wanted to send me to a surgeon to have it checked out so now i'm thinking that when i pick up my report and referral from her office that i should ask her if maybe while the surgeon is doing the surgery if maybe he can also check that out too. I'm soooooo tired of worrying already :eek:

Went to WW yesterday and i had my first gain since i started back in Jan. 2.4 pounds. I really don't know how because i was sick and not eating but i wasn't drinking my water either with not feeling good. The funny thing is when i went to my docs last Friday the scale showed a 4.4 gain so i guess i should be happy with WW's scale. LOL ;)

I will keep you ALL informed with what is going on. I will know more after my appt. next Wed.

Have a great day and Thank You soooooo much EVERYBODY for all the prayers and well wishes. I can really feel the LOVE from you ALL. You are ALL the BEST FRIENDS a girl can ask for :D

~~Debbie~~

Hi all- Just a quick checkin this morning as I need to get the kids back into their school work. It sounds like there is alot of playing and not alot of working going on in there. :rolleyes: That happens once youngest DD comes down.

Yesterday I got 30 minutes on the bike and did my strength training. I bumped up the weight on my upper body and I'm ready to up the reps on several lower body things. Today i'm either going to do 30 on the bike or 20 on the elliptical torture device and then do some yoga because my hips are really tight.

WOE is going better too. The weekends are just really difficult because we're so busy. I really need to get back to low carb because at least I can eat out without a problem then.

Goal Seeker- Physically you've gotten through the hardest part of atkins now. Sometimes 2-4 days in people get some flu like symptoms or withdrawal. For motivation as the holidays start to approach I recommend trying to find a copy of "How I Quit My Lowfat Diet and Lost 40 Pounds" by Dana Carpender. She also has several great low carb cookbooks that I use all the time. Also go to http://www.foodnetwork.com and click on Low Carb and Lovin It. Unfortunately they only did one season and they only show George's show at 4am or something like that but George Stella's family is a huge (or formerly huge) inspiration for low carb lifestyle.

Tami

Hello Ladies,

I'm new to Cruise critic and just wanted to insert a little free advice. I.m leaving on 11/10/06 Celeb's Galaxy and I need to lose 30 pounds. The secret is the diet pill called Meridia. The magic pill that allows you to not be hungry and only eat what's good for you. If you have a doctor you can ask for a prescription. It is will power in a bottle. Two years ago I lost 35 pounds in 4 months. Then I stopped exercising and stopped Meridia and gained it back over 2 years.

Sorry to intrude on your support group, but I think you should know that there is a diet drug that really works!

Good luck to all of you,

Mickie

Yeah No offense Mickie but, see that's the problem with using drugs. You use the drug, you lose weight (maybe.) You go off the drug you put it all back on plus your metabolism is screwed up so you put more on. No thanks! I worked in pharmacy for 10 years and we handed out phen-fen and then Meridia and the one that starts with X that gives people terrible diarrhea if the eat too much fat. Uh, pass. I'll take the elliptical torture device, bike and weights and do it the slow way.

As for me, I did 32 minutes on the bike today. I'm in a challenge on another board and I wanted to get an even 7 miles towards my 500. Then I did my strength training. I've already upped my weight for the upper body. Today I added more reps to the core training and remained the same on the lower since I'm still having trouble with hip and knee tightness. I added tricep kickbacks and calf raises (2 sets of 15 reps) to my routine giving me 11 different exercises. My goal is to build up to a routine that takes about 45 minutes.

Tami