Saint Petersburg excursions?

Did anyone here do RCI's excursion Hermitage and Peterhof? How much time do you have at Hermitage, and can you wander around or do you have to stay with the guide?

While looking through the excursions for Saint Petersburg, I also noticed an option 'full day by car', priced per car and not per person. Is that like a private excursion with guide? A bit strange, since usually excursions are priced per person.

We're off to SPB on BoS at beginning of July. My parents are also going but have done the same cruise before... The have recommended the 2 day tour (which we have booked) and didn't complain about the lack if time at any of the sites... Indeed they are also taking the same tour this time!

I understand that (for visa reasons) you have to stay with the group even at the attractions!

I'm sure other more experienced travellers will be able to clarify!

Our cruise has only one day in Saint Petersburg, so that'll make the day more crammed to be sure. And more important to select a good tour.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

We did Hermitage and St. Isaacs this month. We were given some free time to walk around on our own in both places and were told where to meet and what time. You also had the option to go with the guide the whole time.

We are on the BOS in August and have booked the 2day grand tour with alla tours. They have other tours and have a good reputation on trip advisor.

Do you have to arrange for your own visas if you book a non-ship tour?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My understanding is no. We're off to St. Petersburg next month with private tours booked for both days and have confirmed that visas will be taken care of.

No...if you book a private tour the visa will be taken care of by the Tour Operator.

We did a 2 day tour with Alla Tours in 2008 and a 1 day tour this month while on Legend of the Seas. We can't say enough about the tour, Alla and our guide. The best part is you don't pay anything upfront and pay on the day of the tour.

Alla Tours also offers packages that include Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallin and other ports. Check out the website.....

http://www.alla-tour.com/

We did the two day tour with SPB tours. They arranged the visas for us. We did tours with them in Tallin, Berlin and Helsinki. They were fantastic! St. Petersburg was our last stop. Viktoria personally met us and thanked us for using her tour company. I cannot say enough about how professional and well managed this company is.

We did the two day tour with SPB tours. They arranged the visas for us. We did tours with them in Tallin, Berlin and Helsinki. They were fantastic! St. Petersburg was our last stop. Viktoria personally met us and thanked us for using her tour company. I cannot say enough about how professional and well managed this company is.

Thanks, this is good information.