What's your favorite thing to do in Half Moon Cay?

cruisin'sz

Our favorite thing is to pull up two lounge chairs to our 'favorite spot' on the beach and veggie out. We read; we soak up the sun; we have a beverage of choice; we walk the beach; we swim; and we most assuredly enjoy the barbeque.

We don't even bother getting a cabana anymore. Maybe on one of our upcoming cruises we may?? Probably not. :)

Horses? Personal Watercraft? Hobbie Cats?? What's best to do if you want a little excitement but are also a bit of a chicken??
Most of the time we take floating mats out to the rope, hold on and broil for a couple of hours, eat lunch, and go back out. Once we tried the AquaTrax, which was great fun, except we had to ride double 'cause the jetski was too big for me to handle myself.

Candy <-- will be there in 11 days

Sit and watch people, swim a little, have a foo-foo drink, eat, sit some more, marvel at the ship(s) anchored off the beach, have another drink, walk the beach (with a drink in my hand), get an ice cream........

Day6014.JPG.2c37b05e9df54b0ea2888b25705bced6.JPG

We like to seek out a couple of chairs at the far end of the beach, not to far from the last beach bar and soak up a little sun.

A day of total relaxation, every time...surrounded by natural beauty...

Geez, how can you pick one thing? We are on the first tender off the boat (really) and we get a clamshell, though I don't spend that much time sitting in it. A day on HMC goes tooooo fast. We stay as long as possible. I love shopping, the barbecue, walking around, etc. I really love being in the water, especially snorkeling by the rocks where all the fish hang out.

The diving is incredible...shallow, yet such a wide variety of fish and a refreshingly healthy reef, as it is in protected waters...the fields of garden eels popping out of the sandy bottom are a sight to behold...now if HAL would just allow a deep dive, I'd be even happier!

Nikki

Find a chair on the beach tht is near the bar, then sit and relax and enjoy the view. :)

(It was much nicer before they started doing 2 ships. It sort of reminds me of the Jersey shore with the crowds. ) :(

My favorite thing to do on HMC used to be parasailing ... but I have a feeling it's gonna be diving now. I never could dive before at Half Moon Cay because I wasn't certified, but now I'll be able to. The description I've read here of the dive offered there sounds heavenly.

My favorite things at Half Moon Cay (other than parasailing) was to spend some time swimming in those beautiful waters ... just floating on my back for a while and enjoying the peace. Then, after a bit of time in the water, I like to wander over to that bar area ... enjoy a frosty drink and listen to the steel band play. I also make it a point to take a walk up to that beautiful little church on the hill there and spend a few moments in quiet fellowship with my savior. Sometimes another passenger will be leading a service in there, other times it will be just me. Either way, I'm happy just to be there.

Then, if time permits ... I wander back to the water's edge and maybe venture in for a while longer. But, before I know it, time has gotten away from me, and it's time to head back to the tenders.

And, no ... I didn't accidentally leave out eating the barbeque. I generally skip that in favor of other things. Heck, I could eat all I want on the ship! :)

God, wouldn't it be awesome if they allowed us to stay really late at Half Moon Cay ... like until 10:00 p.m. or Midnight. I'll bet they could really fire up that bar area and have some nice entertainment there.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Rita, I agree. Staying late would be great. Imagine how many stars you could see out there in the middle of nowhere!

My fav activity is bobbing in the water and enjoying a lounge chair. As already mentioned, total relaxation.

If you want activity but are not into the "heavier" stuff, then horseback riding might be your best bet.

Although vegging in the sun and shade... we found a place that could do both... was great. We swam with the sting rays and that was great. It was nice and small and not a big deal but fun. We also snorkel and swim.

I wished I had put the effort into an aquasize class. That looked like it would be fun... but we were just lazy.

Luckily we were the only ship in that day. I don't think I'd like it if it was really busy.

jan

I've been to HMC twice, first time when another ship was in with ours; second time when we were alone. Much nicer with half the amount of people.

Although vegging in the sun and shade... we found a place that could do both... was great. We swam with the sting rays and that was great. It was nice and small and not a big deal but fun. We also snorkel and swim.

I wished I had put the effort into an aquasize class. That looked like it would be fun... but we were just lazy.

Luckily we were the only ship in that day. I don't think I'd like it if it was really busy.

jan

Archived