Prinsendam

travel09

A query on internet access on Prinsendam, on Upper Prom ,A cabin, mid ship, how is the internet access? I do a Travel Blog, wondering about being able to access in cabin, when a reasonable amount of writing and photos are involved ,a preferred location..34 days to Arctic regions and British Isles...lots to write about.! Appreciate any information...

In the past I have blogged while on board the Prinsendam and other cruise ships. However, I have found that the only way to do it is to email the post to the blog using a off-line mail program (I use Gmail Offline). Otherwise I would use too much system time.

You mentioned you'll be in the Arctic....

Do understand that when the ship is in extreme latitudes Internet connections are very slow, and sometimes lost for several days.

Keep that in mind when planning your contacts with the outside world.

Edited by RuthC

You mentioned you'll be in the Arctic....

Do understand that when the ship is in extreme latitudes Internet connections are very slow, and sometimes lost for several days.

Keep that in mind when planning your contacts with the outside world.

Thank you for this information!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last time on the Prinsendam we did a transatlantic and we never lost the signal for more than a few hours. I was quite impressed. Able to get the signal in my room or the Crow's Nest (Sports Deck).

That being said, the Artic does cause it's own challenges so I wouldn't plan on having it there but you should be ok in the British Isles. I used mine in Tilbury, France and the Baltics fine.