Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

Just arrived Vancouver and among the many drivers holding signs for arriving passengers was one holding a sign that said "Regatta crew ."

Gave me chills.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You have got it bad, Laraine! :D

Bon voyage!

I confess

Need a 12 step

R ship addict

Not fatal

Vancouver is glorious as always. We have a room on the. 27 th floor at the marriott pinnacle with a panoramic view of the harbor -- literally walls of windows. We watch sea planes take off and land. Just beautiful.

We have one full day to revisit this great city. Chinese food sounds good. Actually the food options here are great. But the coffee options are divine.

She is getting lovely sunny weather while she waits to board tomorrow. We have had a week of beautiful weather.

And I thank you for it

The weather is glorious

Love it, did you take a picture? :)

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor in Chief

Cruise Critic

Just arrived Vancouver and among the many drivers holding signs for arriving passengers was one holding a sign that said "Regatta crew ."

Gave me chills.

Wishing you a wonderful voyage!!!

We left the Regatta on May 17th in San Francisco after our 16 day Panama Canal cruise We're new to cruising and both trips have been with Oceania on Regatta....love that ship!!!

So looking forward to your posts and pictures! Thank you!!

If you want some amazing dim sum, take Canada Line to Richmond. The station you need to get off at is Lansdowne. You will arrive in a shopping mall parking lot. Head north (towards the mountains) and walk through the parking lot until you see McDonalds across the street. There is a small mall on the west side. Cross across Alderbridge Road at the traffic light on the opposite side to McDonalds. You will enter the parking lot of the mall I just wrote of and walk towards the next traffic light. Once you get towards the end of the parking lot, turn west and you will see a restaurant called Sun Sui Wah. Try their Seafood Hot and Sour soup and mango pancakes.

Another beautiful day in Vancouver.

Edited by no fuss travel

To all you locals

I am sitting outside at a restaurant on Granville island enjoying the food, the view and the weather . I love Vancouver

Regatta not at pier yet

Zandaam and millennium were in port for changeover.

Photos tomorrow

To all you locals

I am sitting outside at a restaurant on Granville island enjoying the food, the view and the weather . I love Vancouver

Regatta not at pier yet

Zandaam and millennium were in port for changeover.

Photos tomorrow

Drove by the shipyard an hour ago. Still there. We will wave as you pass by West Vancouver. Mary & Doug (Casablanca & Vigo)

Edited by Earl Rosebery

See that the "new" Regatta is at the dock in Canada Place ready for it's first post refurbish cruise. Have a wonderful trip, Laraine, and will be following your "live from" closely. Look forward to seeing you on July 13 on the Nautica. Bon voyage!

Lucky Laraine and other passengers have been blessed with a sunny day for leaving Vancouver. Hope you have a late dinner so you can enjoy sailing under the Lions Gate Bridge and past Stanley Park and West Vancouver. You should be able to admire the local mountains as well.

Lucky Laraine .

You have no idea how lucky.

Just got bumped up to a vista suite from an Ov. Will share lovely story later. I am over the moon. Not sure I will be leaving the cabin.

Renovations are wonderful

Just left baristas

Latte was great

Cookie divine

I am running around taking photos. Will post as many as I can this evening

You have no idea how lucky.

Just got bumped up to a vista suite from an Ov. Will share lovely story later. I am over the moon. Not sure I will be leaving the cabin.

Congratulations!

That's quite a "bump up" :D

For some reason I am having a technical issue when I upload photos -- got a strange message and I have asked CC for help.

In the meantime I have met the CD, Ray Carr, and I have a really good feeling about him -- very personable. i think he is going to be a winner.

About my Vista Suite -- kind of once in a lifetime -- this morning i got a phone call while I was in my hotel room from Kunal Kamlani (can u believe it) who said that he was only going to be on Regatta for 3 days, thought it was silly for him to have a Vista Suite when he could give someone the"cruise of a lifetime"and -- WOULD I LIKE THE SUITE? Seems he looked over the passenger manifest for frequent O cruisers, saw I was in an OV and thought I'd like the upgrade. Did I win the lottery or what?? Unbelievable. This could spoil me. LOL

I happened to see Kunal at lunch and we had lunch together -- what a guy. I am blown away. Wait till you see the photos of this totally refurbished suite -- I will figure out a way to post them, even if I have to put on a webpage.

Add to that, my favorite butler, Dimitar, is on board as the head butler. He found us (he said when he saw someone ordered Dr. Pepper he knew it was us LOL) and switched with another butler so he could take care of us. I think I am dreaming.

All this without having left port!

Sailaway is about to begin and I don't want to miss it. As soon as I get the photo issue straightened out, I will post.