Grandeur Pictures for your enjoyment

Cabin: In general, I was quite happily surprised by the great storage capacity of the OV cabin.

In the bathroom, I read a "tip" here that really worked, so I will pass it along.

If you look carefully, one side of the shower capsule has a channel running vertically. You tuck the side of the shower curtain into it, and it STAYS. This keeps the shower curtain from blowing loose and attacking you.

:)

Now, here comes the quiz.

The OV cabin did not have a refrigerator/cooler, which was disappointing. My excellent cabin steward, though, kept TWO ice buckets full of ice all day long.

But the OV cabin HAD something that my JS LACKED.

Can you see what it is?

I was taken by surprise in May when I saw this, but didn't mention it in the review.

So, after sailing on the Grandeur May 30 - June 6, and being upgraded from my reserved balcony cabin to a JS, I booked her for June 27 - July 4.

First I booked an interior guarantee. I tried to do it while on board, for the OBC, but Danney, the world-famous Loyalty Ambassador ;), could not get his system to show the price that I could pull up myself from Royal Caribbean's regular website.

He told me to just go ahead and book it myself online. So I did. Then I had to spend time with Resolutions on the phone "fixing" the fare. But that all worked out without too much trouble.

I was immediately assigned 3053, a midship interior.

Then the price dropped for oceanview to below what I had paid for my interior guarantee, and I switched into 3008. Despite reassurances from this board, that turned out to be a mistake. :D

I forgot to mention:

Although I missed out on book-onboard OBC, I was actually able to use my stockholder's OBC for the first time in a very very very long time.

For those who are about to ask, "What is that?", click on this link:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Cabin: In general, I was quite happily surprised by the great storage capacity of the OV cabin.

In the bathroom, I read a "tip" here that really worked, so I will pass it along.

If you look carefully, one side of the shower capsule has a channel running vertically. You tuck the side of the shower curtain into it, and it STAYS. This keeps the shower curtain from blowing loose and attacking you.

Now, here comes the quiz.

The OV cabin did not have a refrigerator/cooler, which was disappointing. My excellent cabin steward, though, kept TWO ice buckets full of ice all day long.

But the OV cabin HAD something that my JS LACKED.

Can you see what it is?

I was taken by surprise in May when I saw this, but didn't mention it in the review.

The only thing I see is the l light over the sofa. I was on GOS in March for my first ever cruise & I loved it. I am going again in October & May. Thanks for all the pictures & review.

The only thing I see is the l light over the sofa. I was on GOS in March for my first ever cruise & I loved it. I am going again in October & May. Thanks for all the pictures & review.

Something more necessary and more basic. :)

Top tier event wherein I received my latest Crystal Block. I was also the most cruised after Jack, who turned Pinnacle. I missed HIS "ceremony" because they do that at the Welcome Back party on Port Canaveral day, and I was still off the ship at Universal. I didn't get back on that day until almost 8:30. So I ended up getting my own special ceremony. :D

François, me, Captain Espen. Doug took these for me.

DSC07495_zps7bb61efa.jpg

DSC07497_zpsfcca8f9a.jpg

Danney talking.

DSC07498_zps58273fba.jpg

This is the official ship's photographer's shot:

Grandeurmegettingcrystalblock_zpsee5347d4.jpg

Congrats on your crystal

Me bean is a pretty cool captain

One if my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow...thanks for these. Brings back nice memories. Although there were not any seats, or far fewer ones in the teen center when we went in there. I wonder if they bring them in for the shows. Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thanks so much Carol for the great pics. The iPhone charger... Can you get the lightning one or can I swap cords? Not sure but it looks like the iPhone cord in the room is only for iPhone 4 or older.

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

Where's the soft serve machine on the Grandeur? On the pool deck near WJ? That's where it was on the navigator but there was no machine on the Enchantment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by heyabbott

Thanks so much Carol for the great pics. The iPhone charger... Can you get the lightning one or can I swap cords? Not sure but it looks like the iPhone cord in the room is only for iPhone 4 or older.

Holland America 2007

Disney Magic 2000, 2002

Disney Wonder 2001

Majesty of the Seas 1992

Sovereign of the Seas 1999

Oh, good point. Yes, my phone is an iPhone4. I guess that you would need the adapter plug. (for all I know, I could have gotten an adapter from Guest Services. Since I didn't need one, I didn't explore the possibilities.)

I work in Baltimore and drive by the dock on my way home. Guess what I saw at the dock at 4:45 this afternoon? Grandeur of the Seas. We leave 3 weeks from today.

Edited by heyabbott

Thanks for the great pictures.

I was on the June 6th cruise & had a great time.

I didn't get a picture of the orchestra as they played jazz in the Schooner Lounge. On our cruise there was an extra musician- a 16 year old oboeist happened to have his instrument on board (to practice!) and they let him play with them! He was great & they even let him "hang out" with them after they were done.

We have booked a Junior Suite on the Grandeur for next April on the 8th deck. Does anyone know where I might be able to find any recent photos of a JS since the ship was refurbished? Is there a link on this CC site?

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Stupid me...if I had read the first post, I would have noticed that the poster was in a JS and had posted several photos of the JS along with other ship photos.

To me, the ship along with different areas looks wonderful. Maybe it's me, but from the photos, the JS looked old and blah and not refurbished well. I'm probably wrong but it just looked like cheap, less than finished wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Where's the soft serve machine on the Grandeur? On the pool deck near WJ? That's where it was on the navigator but there was no machine on the Enchantment

There was a soft serve machine on Enchantment in September.

14809214765_0dac1484b7_z.jpg

Anyone know where u can get regular coffee other then room service or Windjammer? Just look maybe early afternoon if I wanted some where to look any ideas?

Try Park Cafe in the Solarium.