Disembark at canada place ( celebrity century Alaska )

I logged into my celebrity and found that there is no transports arrangement available after disembarkation to the airport after my Alaska tip. However, i do remember celebrity does offer coach to the airport on the last day. Could anyone please tell me how can I arrange that or I can buy a ticket after I board the ship on the first day. If I can buy a ticket after I board, can I determine when to get off ship, like 7:30 or 8:00?

thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I logged into my celebrity and found that there is no transports arrangement available after disembarkation to the airport after my Alaska tip. However, i do remember celebrity does offer coach to the airport on the last day. Could anyone please tell me how can I arrange that or I can buy a ticket after I board the ship on the first day. If I can buy a ticket after I board, can I determine when to get off ship, like 7:30 or 8:00?

thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Most cruiselines offer coach service to the airport. However, Vancouver has a train that runs from Canada Place to the airport! It's $4.00 for adults and $2.75 over 65 weekdays, $2.75/$1.75 weekends. If you can roll your luggage one block to the station I wouldn't hesitate to do this!!!! We live here and it's the best and fastest way to the airport. The airport trains end right at the terminal. If you are leaving from the airport to the cruise terminal, purchase your ticket inside the terminal to eliminate the $5.00 airport surcharge. It's only charged on departures from the airport. It takes 26 minutes and you want the Canada Line. Faster than any cab or bus and so much cheaper. Here is the link: http://www.translink.ca/

I've been on the Celebrity Century twice in the past two years. If you take off your luggage you will be first off. If you leave your luggage for Celebrity it can be up to 10 AM. The lineups at Customs can sometimes be long. I suggest you take off your luggage and roll it out to the street. There are no steps and it's what we do. We are 70 & 66! If you think the lineups at Customs are long you should see the taxi lineup!

Edited by Fisherwoman
more information
Most cruiselines offer coach service to the airport. However, Vancouver has a train that runs from Canada Place to the airport! It's $4.00 for adults and $2.75 over 65 weekdays, $2.75/$1.75 weekends. If you can roll your luggage one block to the station I wouldn't hesitate to do this!!!! We live here and it's the best and fastest way to the airport. The airport trains end right at the terminal. If you are leaving from the airport to the cruise terminal, purchase your ticket inside the terminal to eliminate the $5.00 airport surcharge. It's only charged on departures from the airport. It takes 26 minutes and you want the Canada Line. Faster than any cab or bus and so much cheaper. Here is the link: http://www.translink.ca/

I've been on the Celebrity Century twice in the past two years. If you take off your luggage you will be first off. If you leave your luggage for Celebrity it can be up to 10 AM. The lineups at Customs can sometimes be long. I suggest you take off your luggage and roll it out to the street. There are no steps and it's what we do. We are 70 & 66! If you think the lineups at Customs are long you should see the taxi lineup!

I agree with this .... it is so easy and you can always ask anyone where to go ... we always take the skytrain back from downtown. I am home doing laundry while people are still getting off the ship.!!

We had the fastest debark I've ever experienced, at any port, at Canada Place yesterday off the Century. My DH and I were #5. It was called at 8:15 and we were literally off the ship, through customs, and waiting for a taxi at 8:20. My two sisters were #27 and they were off and thru customs 30 minutes later. It was unbelievably fast. Just us and the Oosterdam were in that morning.

Those with express debark were called at about 7:45.

I agree with this .... it is so easy and you can always ask anyone where to go ... we always take the skytrain back from downtown. I am home doing laundry while people are still getting off the ship.!!

Using for first time. Confused about the 5 dollar surcharge. You say to by in terminal to avoid, whereas the link to Skytrain says you need to buy Day pass or faresaver pass??????????????????

How does one get 4 dollar ticket at airport?????????

Using for first time. Confused about the 5 dollar surcharge. You say to by in terminal to avoid, whereas the link to Skytrain says you need to buy Day pass or faresaver pass??????????????????

How does one get 4 dollar ticket at airport?????????

hi Wayne

Are you going to use the Skytrain for just the one trip from YVR to the pier or would you be arriving early in the day so you could use it multiple times? You cannot buy a daypass at the ticket machines at the airport station. These machines are programmed to charge the $5 surcharge on every ticket. Thus, your one-way to the pier (Waterfront station) would be $9, unless it is off hours and then it would be $7.50. If you want to avoid the $5 surcharge, there is a 7-Eleven store in the domestic terminal where you can buy a day pass. I think it is $7.50/day. So if you are just going to do the one trip it would be a bit of a hassle just to save $1.50. For more trips in that day, then it is worth doing. What ship are you on? The faresaver pass is a book of tickets, I think, so not really what you want unless you are staying in Vancouver for some time. Some more info

http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Single-Fares.aspx

hi Wayne

Are you going to use the Skytrain for just the one trip from YVR to the pier or would you be arriving early in the day so you could use it multiple times? You cannot buy a daypass at the ticket machines at the airport station. These machines are programmed to charge the $5 surcharge on every ticket. Thus, your one-way to the pier (Waterfront station) would be $9, unless it is off hours and then it would be $7.50. If you want to avoid the $5 surcharge, there is a 7-Eleven store in the domestic terminal where you can buy a day pass. I think it is $7.50/day. So if you are just going to do the one trip it would be a bit of a hassle just to save $1.50. For more trips in that day, then it is worth doing. What ship are you on? The faresaver pass is a book of tickets, I think, so not really what you want unless you are staying in Vancouver for some time. Some more info

http://www.translink.ca/en/Fares-and-Passes/Single-Fares.aspx

I knew you would have the answer ......Thanks much....... Wayne

An alternative: For anyone with back pain or other mobility issues, it can be very worthwhile paying the higher cost to take a taxi directly from the cruise terminal to your airline's check in doors at the airport.

We did it about a week ago, and the taxi fare came to $32, even with the heavy Vancouver traffic and hitting red lights.

The taxi line looked quite long when we got down there, so we had our doubts when we first saw it, but the line moved quickly and they appeared to handle the entire process very efficiently.

They were loading about 4 or 5 taxis at a time, and there was a long line of taxis waiting. As soon as one pulled out, another immediately moved in to take its place.

Our taxi driver told us that they just keep running back and forth between the cruise port and the airport all morning long.

If we were more flexible and and pain free, we probably would have taken the train to save a few bucks. But at this stage of our lives, taking a taxi is money well spent to us for the comfort and convenience, not needing to handle the bags ourselves at all.