• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MILLENNIUM - Cabin 7208 - Help!

prcox

Just booked this cabin on Vista Deck because we wanted an aft balcony. But I just looked at the deck plan and it doesn't look like a private balcony, more like a big joint balcony that runs the width of the ship. Can anyone set me straight? Has anyone stayed in this area?

Thanks!

Just booked this cabin on Vista Deck because we wanted an aft balcony. But I just looked at the deck plan and it doesn't look like a private balcony, more like a big joint balcony that runs the width of the ship. Can anyone set me straight? Has anyone stayed in this area?

Thanks!

No worries! It's an OUTSTANDING cabin, and the deck plans for the M-Class afts are incorrect. Some show no verandas at all!

You have your own HUGE veranda (better than most of Celebrity's suites), and you're going to love it! See pics in the signature link below.

We'll actually pick our sail dates based upon the availability of these aft CC cabins.

Thanks! I appreciate your quick reply. I was a little worried! We are travelling with another couple and I booked our cabins. Didn't want to have to tell them we didn't have private balconies!

Loved your pix!

Another question - do you know if there are any connecting doors between the balconies that could be opened?

No. There are translucent glass panels that separate the balconies, the last panel tapering down to railing level. If you're out near the railing, you can see face-to-face and hold a conversation, but there are no pathways between them. That said, each of these verandas are big enough to hold the occupants of both cabins, so you'll have plenty of room to party. Understand that the typical CC veranda is 41 square feet. You'll be getting about 200 square feet per cabin!

We had this cabin on another M class ship, and it is one of the best we've ever had on Celebrity. The balcony is HUGE and the view oveerlooking the wake is spectacular However, there is no connecting door between the balconies. They are all separted by frosted glass partitions. Hope this helps.

We had this cabin last week on Millennium. It was everything the previous posters said and more. Since you're at the very aft of the ship there are rarely any other passengers walking past so the cabin is also very quiet.

prcox.....Hi,I had the same concern when we booked 7206 on the Summit.The diagram in the book makes it look like a community balcony.I thought...oh no! what did I do......people walking past our balcony door!

I actually e-mailed Celebrity...they probably thought I was nuts. I also put a message on these boards and got numerous replies before I heard from Celebrity.Not a community balcony at all........I can't wait.We are travelling with 2 other couples that do not have an aft cabin so I am thinking we will be hosting for than a couple gatherings.

Hi,

Are you sure that your cruise is 4/6/2006 and not 4/2/2006??? I just gave this cabin up for another one a couple of days ago. Come over and join our rollcall thread. Here is a link to our rollcall.

Thanks!

Hey Bill -

You are right - we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale on April 6 but actually sailing on April 9 - my mistake!

Why did you give up this cabin on your sailing, if I may ask?

We've been in 7203 and 7208 (with friends in the adjoining cabin) and always let the room attendant know on the first day that we need extra chairs for the deck so that we can entertain. He brings whatever we ask for, usually two extra for around the table, and leaves them for the whole cruise. We also have him deliver extra wine glasses which can also be replenished for the whole cruise.

We've has as many as 12 people on the balcony for parties (sailaway being the most popular) and we were quite comfortable.

Don't forget that you can call room service for fruit and cheese plates for as many people as you want (we usually get one for every two people.) We bring our own wine aboard with an opener.

FLJudi

Hi,

It had nothing to do with 7208, as it is a great cabin in a great location. I was able to upgrade to an even nicer one is all.

Hey Bill -

You are right - we are flying into Ft. Lauderdale on April 6 but actually sailing on April 9 - my mistake!

Why did you give up this cabin on your sailing, if I may ask?

Archived