Island escape Med adventure

jacknorman

We have booked a last minute to go on Tuesday on IE. Could you tell me what bitter they do now, It used to be Boddies when I first started, and it was good but on our last cruise they had changed to John smiths and it was not so good. Could you also tell me if they have bars to equate with Hemingways and Horizons and also what is it like to get off and look at Livorno and Toulon

Thank you

Hi Jacknorman....can't help with the alcohol or bars I'm afraid as a glass of wine with meals and a drink at the show is about all we have!! But I'm sure someone else will be along to help you!:)

However when we were in Livorno earlier this year we did a boat trip on the canals which was nice, and interesting.....the tickets were 10 euros. there is a shuttle here from the ship which drops you close to the Tourist information , the tickets are on sale here and this is where you meet to be taken to the jetty to catch the boat.....there are some quite nice shops and a huge market, fruit ang veg with clothes and bags, shoes, etc. behind :)

Sorry I do not know what brand the All Inclusive draught bitter that is served by the half pint is claimed to be... But the "premium" stuff was John Smiths at £1.35 for a half & £2.60 for the pint, which may be bad news for you as I saw a few people drinking it... Stuck to the A.I. lager myself which was served in "Amstel" glasses & tasted largery enough for me. :D

The other premium draught beers are Stella Artois, Heineken & Strongbow cider.... Premium 330mil Bottle beers are Heineken, Becks & Corona... Premium 440mil cans with widget being John Smiths Ex smooth & Guinness.

Do not know about Hemingways and Horizons, but the man in the Champions sports bar mixed the strongest tasting cocktails if that is of any help.

Edited by Stevio

I Hope you are right Rebel Rouser, unless stevie was on after you in April, as Thomsons dont miss a trick

No I would never contradict the wise one (RR). I never saw the brands of All inclusive... I only know the premium beers as I have a bar list copy. Did see a few people with pints in John Smiths glasses though so assumed the AI stuff was not all that... Anyhow a soft Londoner like myself wouldn't know a good warm pint of bitter if I fell over it.

Have a good cruise jacknorman & I hope the A.I. Boddingtons doesn't run dry.

Edited by Stevio

Stevio, did you spot all the new furnishings and the new Restaurant, looks like they are spending money on Her for the Future.

Yes she was looking very spruce. The new restaurant was still set up behind the net curtain outside the Beachcomber of an evening but was well attended. Also noticed that there were new mattresses in our cabin. All looks good for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a further to my Q The bitter is now Worthingtons, which suited me as I prefer it to John smiths. we had a very nice week and were pleasantly surprised by the IE in view of some of the comments. Yes we did miss the A La Carte and waiter service in the main restaurant but it was still very nice. The Bounty Lounge is far superior to Liberties, and the entertainment every bit as good all round. cheers

Just to let you know, if one person signs up for the drinks package, the other adult sharing the cabin must do also ( at least that what the signs say).£10.95 pd pp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh thanks Linda......we're off on Tuesday (although we don't sail until Thursday) we have two days of visiting family in Hampshire before we set off around the country!! We are looking forward to it ...I checked today and it was 2007 when we did our last cruise with Princess so it will be interesting to see how its changed. :)

Yes Linda....and judging by the roll call we will be in the minority again!!!! lets hope we have nice dining companions...last time it was just us two and six americans who were competing with each other as to who had the biggest house, biggest car, etc. etc. ...we were a bit green in those days and now, if we're in that situation, we know to ask the maître d for a move to another table!! :)

Yes Linda....and judging by the roll call we will be in the minority again!!!! lets hope we have nice dining companions...last time it was just us two and six americans who were competing with each other as to who had the biggest house, biggest car, etc. etc. ...we were a bit green in those days and now, if we're in that situation, we know to ask the maître d for a move to another table!! :)
We were put on a table for 8 and after 3 nights no-one else had turned up, so we asked to go anytime dining and we were able to go when we liked and also sometimes used the buffet, which we liked as it was high up in the ship and had lovely views :)

What a match last night:eek:

Have a great time :)

Thanks Jan....we're at Holiday Inn watching Germany. Thrash Brazil at the moment!!!!:)

I can't cope with all this sport! I'm getting square eyes, lol.:D:D

Jan

Yes I'd find it all a bit boring Jan, but last night was better....I am enduring the match tonight..along with wondering why the trouser press is not working!!!! Oh well creased trousers for us two tomorrow....we'll look a right pair of scruffs!!!

It's been a lovely evening here long may it continue.:):)