NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

jordans mom

Ship - Gem

Deck - 5

Stateroom # - 5066

Stateroom Category – Oceanview

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet, even though it was below Maltings and the Martini Bar.  Only noise was on the last night.  I think we may have been above an area where they were staging luggage.  But it did quiet down sometime after 1 AM.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No balcony, but the view of the wicked waves out of the window was awesome!

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - Storage space was greater than I expected.  We did not even use all of it.  Bathroom was a little small, impossible to get dressed in, but I liked the sliding shower door and the sliding door enclosing the toilet area.  Liquid soap dispenser and a small tube of lotion was provided, along with dispensers of shampoo/conditioner combo and body wash.

Ship -Dawn

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9680

Stateroom Category – BA

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, stateroom was quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Standard Balcony View (Great!)

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Limited electrical outlets: 1 North American (Type A) & 1 European (Type F)

Any other comments? - Stateroom is very convenient located midway between midship & aft elevators. Just short distance away is the access door to Deck 9 lounge area overlooking the Atrium Café and any activities/presentations occurring there.  Staircase in lounge provided another option to O'Sheehan's on Deck 8 & down to the Grand Atrium/Guest Services on Deck 7.

Ship - Escape

Deck - 15

Stateroom # - 15830

Stateroom Category – BA -- balcony

Starboard or Port Side - starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – full view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - It's an angled balcony which is much roomier. It has a lounger, two regular chairs and a small table. 

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.  

Any other comments? - Short walk to aft elevator 

Edited by codered
Balcony category

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13878

Stateroom Category – midship balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - not aft but toward the back. We saw smoke from the stacks float over us and smelled smoke on occasion when on the balcony, but nothing disturbing

Any specific problems with this cabin? - noisy lock on the door

Any other comments? - bed by the balcony door

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Jade

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11010

Stateroom Category – 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - 

Was wind a problem? -

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14880

Stateroom Category – H6 Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Extremely quiet. Outside of the occasional door slam down the hall we heard nothing.  

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, there is a door that connects the stateroom next door (down the starboard side, not the aft side).

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The best part of the H6 stateroom is the balcony.  However, the window washing mechanism/device is just off the balcony so your view is impeded when you want to look off the starboard side.  (See pic.)  This was only frustrating during the Alaska sailing through Glacier Bay.  Eventually I was able to get the shots I wanted as the ship rotated but I wish I had known about it before selecting my room, I would have gone down a few decks.  

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - The balcony is large- plenty of room for two loungers, a table and four chairs. We spent a ton of time on the balcony, even on the cold days in Alaska.  

Was wind a problem? - Nope.  Best part of being aft. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - YES.  Not sure it was soot, I think they were tiny beads of "asphalt" from the race track.  It became an issue when it rained and created black "mud" on the balcony and we had to be very careful not to track it into the cabin.  We ended up putting our bath mat down just inside the door.  Unfortunately it was at its worst when we were cruising through Glacier Bay and we were in and out to look at the map, change lenses, etc. and out bath mat was almost black by the time we were done. 

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Outside of the muddy balcony and the weird device in our pics, it was really nice. 

Any other comments? - I liked being Aft but would pick another H6 on a different deck next time. 

-2777657324699425645_IMG_2073.JPG

-4517455467750438768_IMG_2065.JPG

-7603929968939678639_IMG_2077.JPG

3611366752880883783_IMG_2076.JPG

On 6/22/2014 at 9:32 PM, jordans mom said:

Twice a month - I will try to post a PDF for all the ships and cabin information compiled here.

Sorry, but where do you find the compiled information?

• Like 1

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 10786

Stateroom Category – mid ship mini suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Stateroom was quiet, no noise issues except for the next door cabin scrapping furniture on the deck.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – View was good, couldn't see directly down due to the cover on the waterfront but it was still very open.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No problems

Any other comments?

With the cabin being right off the forward elevator lobby it was very easy to find and access when needed. No real sound issues from being close to the lobby.  I enjoyed the shower and would pick a mini-suite again just for the larger shower with jets. 

20190428_142848.thumb.jpg.0539915495a05d63eb65ec1de6ee6f18.jpg

20190428_142857.thumb.jpg.e36152816cb7778323fe5267da4fe575.jpg

20190501_182313.thumb.jpg.740294084914fb61d7fb66031f45cdf8.jpg

20190501_182346.thumb.jpg.04dde6f37974501c4ea02b40c786084d.jpg

20190501_182409.thumb.jpg.be97511da357aec7bed9a7d7c98e0d40.jpg

20190501_182420.thumb.jpg.a2dd7c3609c5e6a9b34d1f5f52b33699.jpg

20190501_182440.thumb.jpg.0c3bb6ac2b238365fb71979df412f05d.jpg

20190501_182400.thumb.jpg.deea3aacac221a2fde1fe084d599df98.jpg

20190430_064936.thumb.jpg.3f7bddcb96bd0364f4aa757174559c3b.jpg

Ship - Gem

Deck -10

Stateroom # -10653

Stateroom Category –IF

Starboard or Port Side -inside

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –N/A

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Cabin is Handicap Accessible but my mother had a problem getting scooter over door lip. Shower is the type with a chair to sit in and has a showerhead on a hose and a drain on all sides

Any other comments? -

Ship -Gem

Deck -8

Stateroom # -8519

Stateroom Category –ID

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –NO!  Over Stardust Theater Very Loud late into the evening

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Staff said they would ask theater to turn down sound but it remained too loud to allow sleep. Only choose if you are a night owl.

Any other comments? -

Ship -SUN

Deck -9

Stateroom # -9141

Stateroom Category 

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) yes

Balcony View - N/A

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin?  no

Any other comments? -this inside room was huge... it was a sideways inside room and we had so much room and storage...it was great!

Ship - MSC Seaside

Deck - 18

Stateroom # - 18002

Stateroom Category – Deluxe Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet

Balcony View - a nice wide view of almost the entire length of the ship. You can see a partial forward view as the bridge juts out a bit.

Balcony Size? Normal - two chairs and a large foot stool

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N?A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - Very large room, wonderful bathroom, large deck, lots of storage. The pillow selection was great and the bed was made fresh each morning. I was surprised when I saw them changing the sheets each day. The towels are very large and fluffy. 

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11012

Stateroom Category – SC

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes (under library)

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Nothing special

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal (54 sq ft)

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - -7950214998041893321_IMG_4003-1-1.thumb.JPG.30602c1c6c4d6a06442bd486a3ad0fe7.JPGIMG_2101-1.thumb.JPG.2ae50c56e2df7a57d0b4e36f5643fc21.JPG1485857249394278515_IMG_4074.thumb.JPG.8be3bb94e7e66047a0760229ee60d894.JPG-7451730229250347566_IMG_4073.thumb.JPG.49bbab4dd247845db03a3bdea3149ece.JPGIMG_0680.thumb.JPG.085cb214da51f258868bf0791510871f.JPG

Ship - Breakaway

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14748

Stateroom Category – M9

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, close to steps and elevators, but NEVER heard them

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Nice view of the sky, ocean and if you stand at the rail, of the decks below.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -I would say UNDERSIZED. You have to sit the chair sideways on the balcony. Could not put the chair facing the ocean and have enough leg room to sit down in it, and NO, I'm not 7'3" or anything even close to that. The DW is 5'4" and couldn't face the ocean while seated in the chair. Greatly disappointing. We've never had that issue on HAL or RC.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Despite the ships recent renovation, the balcony door curtain was majorly ripped in three locations close to the top. When we pointed this out to our cabin steward, someone came almost immediately to fix it. They thought they would do so there, but ended up taking it away to fix and then bring back (this was NOT a problem form our point of view). Sadly, when they came back, although it was fixed, the quality of the repair was underwhelming. Otherwise a wonderful cabin.

Any other comments? - Would take this cabin again

Ship - Gem

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8632

Stateroom Category –SF

Starboard or Port Side - AFT

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – one deck above Bliss 

only heard the music really loud one night. 

Just rolled over and went back to sleep. Concierge says you can always call and they will lower it, but also they like to push the envelope until that call

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – have always loved the AFT view. Sitting on the balcony with a book and just listening to the water below. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal for that size AFT, I hear Deck 10 has the biggest aft balconies 

Was wind a problem? - nope, but too chilly to sit outside on the ride back. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - nope, but the bakery smells divine

Any specific problems with this cabin? - nope. Close to O’Sheehans for a quick snack or drink. 

Any other comments? - have yet to be disappointed on the GEM

On 7/9/2014 at 8:49 PM, Rob1eddy said:

Ship- Star

Deck: 8/fwd

Category: Unobstructed oceanview

Side: Port

Quiet: The room is over the Stardust Theater. During the day you hear the practice and at night you hear the show. After 10 PM, quiet

What was your room number?

Ship - Epic

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 12507

Stateroom Category - Studio

Starboard or Port - N/A

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - Yes

Balcony View (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue) - N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Soap/shampoo dispenser in shower fell apart at the slightest errant touch; motion controlled light in the WC was irritatingly unreliable.

Any other comments? - This was my first interior stateroom (though not my first studio) and I loved it enough to book my next two cruises in essentially identical staterooms on the Breakaway and Encore. So dark! Quiet and cozy!

Ship - NCL Escape

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9280

Stateroom Category – Balcony (Guarantee)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – The elevators right next to 9280 weren't a noise issue because we were partitioned from them, but the cabin walls were thin enough to hear a cough from the neighbors or flip flops in the hallway. Especially door slams and toilet flushes, what a drag.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Had the option to connect the balcony to the immediate forward stateroom.

Balcony View - No typical obstruction, but the Waterfront ceiling overhang was flush with deck 9's floor, which we found collected stuff thrown or fallen from above decks. Get deck 10+ or specific deck 9 staterooms to help avoid seeing both.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal. Didn't really see the need for a larger balcony as it was decent in size. If we were entertaining however, an oversized would be a no-brainer.

Was wind a problem? - Even the slightest wind (and waves) caused the sliding door to creak. This never happened on RCI's Anthem of the Seas.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A; mid-ship

Any specific problems with this cabin? - 9280 was smack-dab next to the elevators. The elevators weren’t a noise issue because we were partitioned from them. Problem #1: the cabin walls were thin and we could hear everything adjacent and in the hallway (see "Quiet Stateroom? above ^). Problem #2: the bathroom was OK in size, but the toilet paper roller is installed in a hidden place which doesn’t make sense. It constantly made us prefer using the nose tissue dispenser whenever we wanted toilet paper. Problem #3: 9280 had the bed closest to the balcony rather than the sofa (as some balconies do), which while it’s nice for couples, it didn’t work out at all when having guests over. When we did entertain neighbors, it was awkward and uncomfortable how the arrangement was. Problem #4: The dark wood and the sofa material were terrible design choices since the material it cheapened & the dark color visually confined the cabin. 

Any other comments? - The NCL Escape seemed to be cheaply assembled since it constantly creaked and rocked from the slightest choppiness at sea, and the walls also didn't seem well insulated or secured as evident by the constant creaking in the stateroom and several facilities. I’ve felt less rocking in smaller ships, on WORSE waters. The strangest thing was that the engine’s vibrating was felt all the way up to the 10th+ floor, with sometimes jolts of vibrations that would dissipate randomly. Why? How? Imagine having to sleep with that….NOT fun!

• Like 1

Ship - Escape

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14860

Stateroom Category – BA- Midship Balcony

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Reasonably so.  Right by Aft elevators so a little bit of hall traffic, but nothing extreme.  I could hear the person in the next cabin if they were talking loudly or playing the tv, but not much.  If I had had loud neighbors, however, it might have been noticable

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -Yes, though not to anyone we knew. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Nice, unobstructed, view.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? Nice cabin - well designed with a lot of storage space. We did not feel cramped.    The only oddity is that when sitting on the couch i felt a constant vibration which made me a little queasy.  Other than that, all good.

Ship - Joy

Deck - 9

Stateroom # 9262

Stateroom Category – Mini Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO, well it was quiet before 7pm but then it was as loud as being *in* the Cavern (performance lounge).  It was so loud that the floor shook/vibrated and I could hear all the words and sounds from the music (mostly rock and roll) as if we were literally in the lounge.  It didn't quiet down until 10:30, and some music was still heard until 12am (karaoke).  It was horrible. 

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Lovely view, directly under was the roof hanging out above the walking deck.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - The horrible sound.  We complained immediately and had service staff come up to confirm the insane level of noise (and they agreed it was problematic).  As we were traveling with 2 kids it was impossible to put them to bed before the music stopped around 10:30-10:45.  They were able to move us to a new cabin after 2 noisy nights.  They told us adjacent rooms were also complaining.  

Any other comments? - Do not stay here unless you are hard of hearing, LOVE rock music and/or are out late every night anyway. 

Ship - Joy

Deck - 13

Stateroom #13350

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes! Very quiet, such a delight after staying at our prior suite (see above post)

Balcony View - Lovely view, towards the back of the boat. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any other comments? - This room was very similar to our previous mini-suite, but the bathroom went from a tub with double sink to a shower and single sink.  Worth the change though! Has a murphy bed and pullout couch. 

IMG_5181.JPG

IMG_5308.JPG

IMG_5411.JPG