Cruise Critic Community
jordans mom

NCL Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Norwegian Bliss

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11862

Stateroom Category – BA

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, although I think the neighbors heard my TV

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view.  No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Seemed small to me, only room for two chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No. Reminds me of a Motel 6 or Ibis hotel, lots of laminate and no drawers, only shelves. 

Any other comments? - There are no outlets/chargers at the bed, only at the desk.  The minifridge can hold small plates from the buffet. You can ask your steward to clean out the minibar items at the beginning of the cruise. 

Ship -Joy

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14296

Stateroom Category –BF?

Starboard or Port Side -Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Noisy during the day

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Very small balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Small

Was wind a problem? -No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -Could not be in during the day due to what I believe was the go kart track.  Very noisy

Any other comments? -

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 18

Stateroom # - 18124

Stateroom Category – H5

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No issues

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Very small balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Small

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - This is an ACCESSIBLE cabin.  The big issue is that the TOILET IS NOT RAISED.  The toilet is standard height (Housekeeping measured it at 15")  Please be aware of this when booking if you need a higher toilet to accommodate your disability.  Note:  The other accessible H5 (17124) has a toilet height of 16" as measured by Housekeeping.)

Any other comments? 

Can anyone tell me where is the link to the cabin spreadsheet?. Contemplating the Encore for next summer to Bermuda. Does anyone know if the NCL ships , like the Bliss, generally dock port or starboard in Bermuda? 

many thanks!

Posted (edited)

Ship - Norwegian Encore

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 11290

Stateroom Category – assessible MX

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – NO!!! Very noisy,

next to white space which is closet where cabin stewards stow the cleaning carts. Banging all day long. It is also across from stair access for crew. That door was slamming shut all day up till 10pm.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Good view. Enclosed Smoking room is on deck 8 below this balcony. It sometimes smelled like smoke.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized and good space with table and chairs.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No. Plenty of space! 

Any other comments? - There are no outlets/chargers at the bed, only at the desk.  I asked for an extra chair. It is a nice cabin except for the noise!!

Edited by Meimei 100

Ship - NCL Bliss

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13706

Stateroom Category – H7

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet stateroom with one exception...and this is not necessarily a negative! Because you are in the very front of the ship, you hear when the anchor is deployed and when the ship is arriving into port. This was actually really neat, as I was awoken ( again, not a bad thing in my case ) and able to see our arrival into a pre dawn NYC  - amazing! As for noise from other rooms? We heard nothing. 

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Balcony is smaller and enclosed for this room, as you are directly under the bridge. A little obstructed if your whole family is crowding around to watch the pier runners, but also not windy at all on cooler legs of the trip. 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Small

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Not at all

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No! It was amazing. This cabin was large enough for our family of 7 to celebrate New Year's Eve dinner in it, comfortably. We were three in the room normally, 2 in the bedroom and with our 11 year old sleeping on the generously sized pull out couch. 

Any other comments? We would definitely sail in this room again. 

On 6/22/2014 at 9:32 PM, jordans mom said:

Ship - Bliss

Deck - 13

Stateroom # - 13306

Stateroom Category – H6

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, no issues

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – port aft corner; no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - a bit tight front-to-back, notably for a Haven suite; plenty of width.  Small table w/2 chairs, chaise lounges were pushed into outside corner to fit

Was wind a problem? - no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - on a 12 day cruise it was a minor issue a few times, but steward regularly took care of it

Any specific problems with this cabin? - couch was not very comfortable and a bit 'tattered', especially given age of ship.  Stationary glass panel assembly in balcony door frame had a constant 'creaking' noise which got worse w/ship motion; we got used to it after a while.  

Any other comments? - Shower in guest bathroom very tight; main bathroom had plenty of room.  Sliding door to main bath didn't have a latch to keep it closed so at times it would slide open due to ship movement.

Ship -Breakaway

Deck -14

Stateroom # -14278

Stateroom Category –B1

Starboard or Port Side -Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Yes, except at party time at night - very loud thumping music and jumping from spice H2o bar

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Wonderful mid aft view - had two deck chairs and one regular chair we asked for and small table - provided our only cabin seating with three beds made.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized for class I believe

Was wind a problem? - No - wonderful for being outside

Any specific problems with this cabin? -cracked tile on bathroom floor, smallish shower

Any other comments? -steward is great

Very frustrating thread with not having the ability to even search by ship name.

I read a couple of posts where people mentioned that there was a search option under the "Page # of # " but all that seems to do is allow you key in a page number and jump to that page.

Would be great if the thread could be searched by ship at least,  I can't see that having to open all of the currently 21 pages and scrolling trying to spot the posts regarding a specific ship is really useful.

If there is someway to search the thread please share.

5 hours ago, skeetns said:

Very frustrating thread with not having the ability to even search by ship name.

I read a couple of posts where people mentioned that there was a search option under the "Page # of # " but all that seems to do is allow you key in a page number and jump to that page.

Would be great if the thread could be searched by ship at least,  I can't see that having to open all of the currently 21 pages and scrolling trying to spot the posts regarding a specific ship is really useful.

If there is someway to search the thread please share.

It's not perfect because you have to search each page, but you can do a CTRL F for the ship name or room number

14 hours ago, GracyandGravy said:

It's not perfect because you have to search each page, but you can do a CTRL F for the ship name or room number

Thanks,  just tried that and it is a  great tip.

I like that I only have to enter the search term once and as I advance through the pages I can click highlight all and will even be shown how many matches appear on that particular page.

Thanks again ,  Scott

Ship -Joy

Deck -10

Stateroom # -10966

Stateroom Category –H6

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Very Quiet

Balcony View - Large wonderful balcony, went around the side a little

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Oversized

Was wind a problem? -No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -The only problem was probably the space at the foot of the bed, two people can't walk by at the same time. The smaller bathroom's shower is very small however the other bathroom makes up for it. We would definitely book this cabin again.

Any other comments? - We had great staff, room always cleaned, anything we wanted it was brought in right away. Love it!