How do I find the right pier????

kekilia

Our cruise is July 13, 2014 sailing from Vancouver. Yes, I know that the piers are located near Canada Place, where we have booked a pre stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. But I cannot see anything in the online check in that tells me exactly which pier, what time, etc. of course, I haven't printed the Xpress Pass yet, but if anyone could tell me specifically where to find the pier, I'd appreciate it. I want to know if I need a taxi or to arrange transfer from hotel. My husband is disabled with a service dog, so I cannot carry all the luggage!

While Vancouver has two possible terminals: Ballantyne and Canada Place. Your e-docs will confirm the terminal, which is most likely Canada Place. Most cruises depart from Canada Place, and the cruise terminal is located below the Pan Pacific Hotel (this hotel has an elevator which takes you from their lobby to the cruise terminal). Even if more than one ship is departing from Canada Place that date the porters will ensure that your luggage is directed to the correct ship.

Your e-docs will also provide a boarding time, but we generally arrive around noon.

While Vancouver has two possible terminals: Ballantyne and Canada Place. Your e-docs will confirm the terminal, which is most likely Canada Place. Most cruises depart from Canada Place, and the cruise terminal is located below the Pan Pacific Hotel (this hotel has an elevator which takes you from their lobby to the cruise terminal). Even if more than one ship is departing from Canada Place that date the porters will ensure that your luggage is directed to the correct ship.

Your e-docs will also provide a boarding time, but we generally arrive around noon.

I have gone thru online check in, are my edocs the boarding pass that I haven't printed yet?

The boarding pass is called Xpress pass, it's about three pages long. Print it out and sign it and bring it with you. The edocs are many pages long, no need to print out unless you have tansfer or hotel vouchers, then just print those. Mather edocs also contain embark instructions. Read through the edocs and decide if you want to go to the trouble of printing the whole thing, but most don't.

I have gone thru online check in, are my edocs the boarding pass that I haven't printed yet?

No. A link to your cruise docs will be posted when the Celebrity has them prepared--about 45 days or so before the cruise. After final payment and online check-in are completed, watch your reservation on My Celebrity for a link to appear to print e-docs. You do not have to print all or any of the docs, but you can download the info and read it on your computer or print the pages you want. There will also be a link to order luggage tags.

You should also receive an e-mail with a link to the docs after they are posted. The e-mail, in my experience, comes several days after the link is posted on My Celebrity

Another option: We booked our last cruise last minute, and I was getting transfers, flights, etc. set up the day we booked. I called and asked a customer service rep on the day of booking about the pier and received the info before the e-docs posted the next day.

Our cruise is July 13, 2014 sailing from Vancouver. Yes, I know that the piers are located near Canada Place, where we have booked a pre stay at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. But I cannot see anything in the online check in that tells me exactly which pier, what time, etc. of course, I haven't printed the Xpress Pass yet, but if anyone could tell me specifically where to find the pier, I'd appreciate it. I want to know if I need a taxi or to arrange transfer from hotel. My husband is disabled with a service dog, so I cannot carry all the luggage!

Almost every ship sails from Canada Place. Ballentyne is used as an overflow. Here is the link from the Port of Vancouver website. It's Canada Place! We get to the terminal about 11 AM no matter what the documents say. Usually we are on by 11:30 unless there is a delay by customs. Enjoy your visit to our wonderful city.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

Edited by Fisherwoman
additional information

The hotel is 2 blocks, about .2 miles, from the pier. It is probably too late for you to change hotels but if you could I would recommend the Pan Pacific in your situation. The hotel is right at the pier and the bell staff will take your luggage right to the ships porters. Once they pick it up you don't see it until it is delivered to your cabin. Alternatively, check with the hotel concierge to see what assistance they can provide if a taxi is unwilling to take you 2 blocks.

Mary Lou

Your hotel is a little west of the pier at Canada Place. I would bet Century will be on the east side of Canada Place pier. There are 3 ships in July 13, HAL being one of them and they are always on the west side of the pier, at least any time we have been down there.

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

I believe the Fairmont Pacific Rim has complementary car service in BMW's to the pier, so you should have no trouble finding it.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Thanks all for the advice! I found the eDocs, the long form ticket. We are leaving from Canada Place, Dock D. Good thing I looked because Celebrity d not updated the ticket to reflect the upgrade we got. The Xpress pass and luggage tags have all been updated, but not the electronic version of the contract. There were a lot of changes we made (switching bev pkgs, dining, etc.). I love cruising Celebrity, their service onboard is great, but I find their web services and phone services deplorable. I won't go into details here, but every interaction I have had has been terrible - long phone waits, uninformed staff. This is Celebrity's last chance so I hope it will be an amazing cruise. Otherwise, I'm off to Regent or Oceania.