Recent Grandeur cruisers please share your experience with us

Sounds like the problem is really you. What reasonable adult, with kids or not, ( I have 3) can't figure out a way to entertain themselves and the kids on relaxing vacation. Or did you expect someone ( or something) else to entertain the kids all day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like the problem is really you. What reasonable adult, with kids or not, ( I have 3) can't figure out a way to entertain themselves and the kids on relaxing vacation. Or did you expect someone ( or something) else to entertain the kids all day.

Not sure who you were reaponding too. No kids here. We are never bored on a cruise. My DH and I just feel this ship is a lost cause. Now we pick our cruises based on the ship. This one just wasn't up to snuff. :-(

I'm curious about the spa services on Grandeur. Anyone know if there's some type of relaxation room package with use of special showers etc.? I never checked out the spa when we sailed on Enchantment.

Honestly, it isn't even the ship- it was the staff. It felt like in every venue, it was their first contract (during muster, bar tenders, servers; even some officers-lists of incorrect information given). It was as if they had no experience on a ship. We love Royal but they have got to do sonething about the Grandeur staff.

I have posted this before, and will post it again.

I have been on a huge number of cruises; the number doesn't matter. It includes almost every ship in Royal Caribbean's fleet, most multiple times, plus two Princess ships and one Celebrity ship.

I think that the Grandeur's staff was the kindest, friendliest and best of all of them.

The camp counselors told us that the pagers were limited to special needs children and therefore we could not have one.

interesting that experiences varied. As yours was a peak summer season sailing, maybe there were many more kids aboard than others sailings. And maybe from special needs department, they knew there were more special needs kids on your sailing. if so, the limited number of pagers may have been given to family's of the special needs kids. just a guess.

I have posted this before, and will post it again.

I have been on a huge number of cruises; the number doesn't matter. It includes almost every ship in Royal Caribbean's fleet, most multiple times, plus two Princess ships and one Celebrity ship.

I think that the Grandeur's staff was the kindest, friendliest and best of all of them.

We are the exact opposite - have only been on one cruise, and that was on Grandeur, and also found them to be extremely nice, friendly, and helpful. We are looking forward to sailing on her again this Nov.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I just booked Grandeur for Aug 15 to Bermuda. We have gone to Bermuda on the NCL Dawn from Boston twice – loved it, but, getting a bit bored of the same format (not Bermuda) and wanted to try something different. I was having some regret for going on RCCL (first time) and the Grandeur. Thanks to the post on this forum – I feel really good about taking the Grandeur, and feel that our expectations will fit in great. Great to get the general feedback (and separating out the extremes) – but, it was a bit intimidating seeing quite a few vocal critics on Grandeur reviews – so good to see the other perspectives and what I hope proves to be a balanced view on this forum.

I just booked Grandeur for Aug 15 to Bermuda. We have gone to Bermuda on the NCL Dawn from Boston twice – loved it, but, getting a bit bored of the same format (not Bermuda) and wanted to try something different. I was having some regret for going on RCCL (first time) and the Grandeur. Thanks to the post on this forum – I feel really good about taking the Grandeur, and feel that our expectations will fit in great. Great to get the general feedback (and separating out the extremes) – but, it was a bit intimidating seeing quite a few vocal critics on Grandeur reviews – so good to see the other perspectives and what I hope proves to be a balanced view on this forum.

Go with a positive attitude. There might be something that will not be to your liking, but it doesn't have to ruin your cruise.

Some people just can't be satisfied with anything. We love the Grandeur. Every cruise is different and we have been on the Grandeur several times and have enjoyed each cruise. The staff is great and the ship is beautiful.

Enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff. And come back and let us know how great the cruise was......;) And have a drink for me on my birthday, August 16th.

Gwen :)

Edited by cruzinlady1947

Is there a show in the main theater after the 8:30 seating in the MDR?

Just cruised her last week. There was both. Some nights it was a 7:00 show and some nights it was a 10:00 show. 7 made it hard to get to dinner on time for the 8:00 seating and 10:00 made it hard to stay awake LOL

Go with a positive attitude. There might be something that will not be to your liking, but it doesn't have to ruin your cruise.

Some people just can't be satisfied with anything. We love the Grandeur. Every cruise is different and we have been on the Grandeur several times and have enjoyed each cruise. The staff is great and the ship is beautiful.

Enjoy and don't sweat the small stuff. And come back and let us know how great the cruise was......;) And have a drink for me on my birthday, August 16th.

Gwen :)

We will be crusing on rcl and Grandeur for first time in Feb 2015. Although I am a Platium Carnival cruiser I am looking forward to the new experience RCL will give us. We have cruise cc so much that I know the mdr menu by heart. Looking forward to the surprises on RCL.

We are in our mid 60's and enjoy relaxing and people watching, so this ship should fit our needs. I always feel your cruise will be fun if your attitude is good.

Grandeur had the best dining room staff--at one table that we've had in over 25 cruises (multiple lines). After so many cruises we usually skip the dining room and just eat in the Windjammer. but sister who accompanied us likes the dining room. Robert and Lawrence (Table 592-My Time Dining) were absolutely GREAT. Stateroom attendant was also in the good-great category.

Good trip with a few problems. I thought the beds bad--mattress and too low. I'm still trying to recover.

We were on Grandeur last July and will be on her again this July. She is beautiful ship with a great crew. In addition to the Main Dining Room and the Windjammer Cafe as standard with all RCI ships, she also features Chops Grille, Izumi's, Giovanni's Table, and Chef's Table as alternative surcharge restaurants. There is also the Park Cafe, which is also a no charge venue with limited breakfast, lunch, dinner hour, and late night offerings that are a combination of hot and cold selections, sandwiches, salads, and deserts.

The entertainment is good as well but not the Broadway based shows on some RCI ships. But along with the ship's company will be featured headliners and comedians. There also is a aerial act the performs a couple of times during the week from deck 7 in the Centrum. There also is a big screen on the pool deck for movies and sporting events.

Grandeur is an older and relatively smaller ship than the other ship classes with RCI, but she has recently undergone a major refurbishment and is, as mentioned, in great condition. We actually sailed on her on her maiden voyage and then again after her refurbishment. We enjoy her a lot and look forward to sailing on her again in a couple of weeks.

I concur, fellow passenger :) Hope you guys have a great time on the ship again. We are on vision in a few weeks! Have fun!

We have cruised on Grandeur 4 times. The last being last November, when we encountered gale force winds when we left the Chesapeake Bay and hit the Atlantic Ocean. It was a bit tough, but the Grandeur and crew came thru just fine. She was the first cruise we ever took, back in March of 2006. Loved her and RC and have never looked back. Although smaller than most of the ships in the fleet, Grandeur still has plenty to offer. We will be back on the Grandeur the end of November '15. It seems like a long time to wait, but it should pass rather quickly.

Enjoy your time on the Grandeur and by all means, HAVE FUN!!!:D

Might be a silly question, but this October will be our first time on Grandeur. Is the Park Cafe off limits to children? It's in the Solarium, which I thought was adults only, so wondering if kids aren't welcome at the Cafe either.

Might be a silly question, but this October will be our first time on Grandeur. Is the Park Cafe off limits to children? It's in the Solarium, which I thought was adults only, so wondering if kids aren't welcome at the Cafe either.

No problem as long as the children stay at the tables around the perimeter.

Grandeur had the best dining room staff--at one table that we've had in over 25 cruises (multiple lines). After so many cruises we usually skip the dining room and just eat in the Windjammer. but sister who accompanied us likes the dining room. Robert and Lawrence (Table 592-My Time Dining) were absolutely GREAT. Stateroom attendant was also in the good-great category.

Good trip with a few problems. I thought the beds bad--mattress and too low. I'm still trying to recover.

I agree. The beds and pillows were terrible on my July 4 cruise.

After following this forum for the past few months i decided to sign up and share my feelings on cruising from my aspect with a young family.

I've been on 4 cruises all over the carribean. 2 with carnival and 2 with royal carribean.

I just got off the Grandeur of the Seas yesterday (July 18, 2014). Here are my honest opinions.

We drove 8hrs from outside of Toronto to save on flying costs usually associated with our florida cruises on the past. I would definitely drive to Baltimore or New York in the future! This is with 2 kids below 7!

Getting on and off the ship was the quickest and best by far. 10/10.

The food was below what i received on my last Royal Caribbean cruise (Freedom). I actually had better food on my Carnival cruise. Surprising i know!. 6/10.

Entertainment. Worst cruise I've ever been on. Im sorry if this offends anyone but i found the entertainment geared for people in their 40+. Us being in our late 20s found it bad. 1/10.

Kids clubs. Here was the bright light for us, our kids never wanted to leave. 10/10.

Staff were awsome. The 2 cruise directors (paul and other guy from Canada) were funny and i found myself watching the morning show 2-3 times in a row. lol. All staff were very friendly and helpful. 10/10.

I hope this review helps someone else in our same category.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app