Royal Princess TV documentary

Happyboating

There are always tacky people no matter what country you are from.

Don't judge all Americans based on some belly flop competition and I won't judge all Brits based on Benny Hill. :D (I know for a fact that the Brits I've encountered on Princess ships didn't behave in the manner people are talking about here in reference to the loud-mouthed obnoxious woman passenger. I've found the Brits I've met onboard to be very nice people.

We've met some great people on our cruises- from Australia, the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Israel, Italy and Greece.

There are good and bad wherever -

I realise Princess may have no control over the voice over etc but what finally did it for me was the Mr Sexy Legs competition - ergghhh!

Having said that Dan was on the one short cruise I did on this ship and I found him very entertaining - in small doses.

The erection of the Leaning Tower of Pisa was over the top for me. I can't imagine they hauled that up 11 decks with service elevators available. I doubt they staged the sexy legs or belly flop competitions, but I bet they were impromptu and limited participation. I've seen plenty of other just as silly competitions in the Piazza. I'm glad Princess has a little of something for everybody.

While some posters have said the Cruise Ship was a reality show, Princess promoted it as a four-part documentary that would show "unprecedented behind-the-scenes footage of crew and passengers" and would give an "insight into what life is really like on board for the 1,600 crew members and how they work together to give guests a first-class customer service." IMO, the show has certainly done that.

i have been on quite a few princess cruises and have never seen a sexy legs or a bellyflop competition. I've never even seen them in the patter.

In the caribbean, on princess, there are often "Wacky, wild pool games"

which may include one or more of the above.

In the caribbean, on princess, there are often "Wacky, wild pool games"

which may include one or more of the above.

So why does being in the Caribbean bring that out in the Princess entertainment or passengers? Do people suddenly change there?

So why does being in the Caribbean bring that out in the Princess entertainment or passengers? Do people suddenly change there?

I was replying to the post that said they had never seen such a

thing on princess -- by giving a fairly specific example of when

it has happened on princess.

The list of when it happened was not exhaustive.

Additionally, I think pool games are more likely where the temperatures are warm enough for people to be using the pool. e.g. caribbean

Edited by pablo222

Princess promoted it as a four-part documentary that would show "unprecedented behind-the-scenes footage of crew and passengers" and would give an "insight into what life is really like on board for the 1,600 crew members and how they work together to give guests a first-class customer service." IMO, the show has certainly done that.

I am guessing the word "Documentary" was used with their tongues firmly in cheek?

I think they do. Princess introduced TRX Fitness classes on the Royal that can accommodate 12 people in a class.

On the 18 day Maiden Transatlantic cruise, I was the only one who signed up. On the 5 day Maiden Caribbean cruise, the class was full with a waiting list.

Hi All

I get the feeling what Princess signed up for is not what the producers were ever going to produce.

No way can this show be described as in depth look at behind the scenes type of documentary

Yours Shogun.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately it's an entertainment programme and not a documentary.

I enjoy watching rubbish reality TV shows like Big Brother, TOWIE and "Strictly". This one is up there with them!

I think the producers love to stereo type the cruise industry and passengers to a by gone era. The Airport and Airline programmes recently aired are far more credible and factual.

Hi All

I get the feeling what Princess signed up for is not what the producers were ever going to produce.

No way can this show be described as in depth look at behind the scenes type of documentary

Yours Shogun.

I totally agree and especially after reading the Princess Press releases BILLCO posted.

Hi All

Well watched number three

Is it just me but did they not just cut two cruises into one very odd editing

Apart from that best of the shows so far

Still could have been better but at least you got a feel for Princess Cays

Yours Shogun

Hi All

Yours Shogun

Sorry, I thought episode 3 was as bad in its way as the first episode. The main players just looked childish. I think more than two cruises have been combined with the editing. Just pointless and boring. At least they didn't have a Mandy and didn't focus on Kelly, but I have had more than enough of George. I can't believe Sam and her husband really let the cameras into their bedroom. At least there is only one more.

Edited by billco

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but on our recent Med cruise aboard the Regal, on one sea day we had 'Wet, Wild and Wacky Pool Games' though what this consisted off I have no idea. On the other sea day we had 'Mr.Sexy Legs Competetion' :o.

In defence of us Brits, we were very much in the minority on the cruise. It was mainly Americans, Australians and Canadians. I only met a handful of other UK citizens, and so would like to think that Princess did not put these activities on because they are under the impression that 'we Brits go for that kind of thing' :)

Compared to the series about the Costa Serena the one about Royal Princess is very poor, i remember Dirk Brand from our two cruises on the Ruby Princess. Having previously been to Princess Cays we walked to the end of Eluthera where the old lighthouse is and the Pink Sand.

Edited by sidari

Compared to the series about the Costa Serena the one about Royal Princess is very poor, i remember Dirk Brand from our two cruises on the Ruby Princess. Having previously been to Princess Cays we walked to the end of Eluthera where the old lighthouse is and the Pink Sand.
I agree. I believe the Costa Serena series, which I watched just before this series, was a much more in depth look at behind the scenes life.

Hi All

Yours Shogun

I think they did as well. Would they really have formal night after a call to Princess Cays? The singer was putting on an ordinary tie in one shot which changed to a bow tie in the next scene.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think they did as well. Would they really have formal night after a call to Princess Cays? The singer was putting on an ordinary tie in one shot which changed to a bow tie in the next scene.

They do occasionally have formal night on the evening of Princess Cays, but I was on this cruise and just took a look at my blog. Formal night was the following night, on the sea day between Princess Cays and Grand Turk.

I finally gave in and installed hola so I could check this out. After technical difficulties I finally gave up and switched to IE (uggh...) and it worked ok after that.

I have to say that this show, while a bit odd, isn't nearly as horrible as I was led to believe by reading this (and the other!) thread. It's definitely "entertainment TV" as opposed to a documentary but it could actually be far worse.

(I may do the "bad" thing and cross post this to "the other" thread as well. I'm not sure why the two threads weren't combined by an admin.)

They do occasionally have formal night on the evening of Princess Cays, but I was on this cruise and just took a look at my blog. Formal night was the following night, on the sea day between Princess Cays and Grand Turk.
Not sure if I was on this cruise or not. I was on he Maiden TA and Caribbean, but I am thinking there might be some footage from even another cruise.

I finally gave in and installed hola so I could check this out. After technical difficulties I finally gave up and switched to IE (uggh...) and it worked ok after that.

I have to say that this show, while a bit odd, isn't nearly as horrible as I was led to believe by reading this (and the other!) thread. It's definitely "entertainment TV" as opposed to a documentary but it could actually be far worse.

(I may do the "bad" thing and cross post this to "the other" thread as well. I'm not sure why the two threads weren't combined by an admin.)

I was having some technical difficulties with Hola last week, so I switched to Zenmate, which has been very stable.