C&A Discount question??

I booked a 12 night Christmas cruise today with an online TA and had expected to have $200 OBC applied to the booking, however when the TA looked up the rate with our C&A numbers there was a $252 C&A discount each applied so we couldn't have the OBC as well. Why would we have a discount? We're platinum but we were only booking an oceanview, not a balcony

I booked a 12 night Christmas cruise today with an online TA and had expected to have $200 OBC applied to the booking, however when the TA looked up the rate with our C&A numbers there was a $252 C&A discount each applied so we couldn't have the OBC as well. Why would we have a discount? We're platinum but we were only booking an oceanview, not a balcony

It's probably the C&A discount that replaces the old Savings Certificates. It gets applied automatically now.

If the C&A discount is higher than the balcony discount, you get the better of the two discounts! You got a great discount which was higher than the balcony discount!

what was the $200 you were expecting for?

what was the $200 you were expecting for?

There's a promotion on Christmas cruises at the minute, for the length of the cruise and the category of cabin it would have worked out at $200.

Thanks for clearing up what the discount is, pity they're not combinable!

Next cruise: Oasis of the Seas 12-night Westbound Transatlantic 15.10.2014

There's a promotion on Christmas cruises at the minute, for the length of the cruise and the category of cabin it would have worked out at $200.

Thanks for clearing up what the discount is, pity they're not combinable!

You need to call your TA back.

This sale is a two part sale. It is 10% off the cruise fare AND a 200 OBC for regular staterooms.

Or....is the $252 actually the 10% discount and you will also get the $200 OBC.

If you did receive the 10% off and the C&A discount then great you received he best deal.

I suspect though that you did not receive the 10% off and only receive C&A discount. If this is what happened you would be better off declining the C&A discount so that you would get the lower OBC of $200 but also get the 10% off.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

You need to call your TA back.

This sale is a two part sale. It is 10% off the cruise fare AND a 200 OBC for regular staterooms.

Or....is the $252 actually the 10% discount and you will also get the $200 OBC.

If you did receive the 10% off and the C&A discount then great you received he best deal.

I suspect though that you did not receive the 10% off and only receive C&A discount. If this is what happened you would be better off declining the C&A discount so that you would get the lower OBC of $200 but also get the 10% off.

Hmm thanks for that - our cruise fare is 1400ish per person so 10%off is $280 and the OBC is $200 so total saving of $480 but our C&A discount is $504 so that seems to be a better deal.

All of that being said we haven't received our invoice yet so I'll be checking carefully when we do!