Use OBC to reserve shore excursions

We don't cruise for 6 months, but I wanted to book a transfer and a shore excursion through Celebrity. They want to charge my credit card now for the reservation, but I had hoped to use our OBC to pay for those items. Sure I suppose I could just wait until onboard to book them, but would rather not miss out. It's been a few years since we sailed with Celebrity, is there a way to not pay in full right now, or to use the OBC when we settle the account to cover the pre-booked tours?

If you book excursions before the cruise, they must be paid for immediately on your charge card. The only way to use OBC's is to wait until you board and book then. If there is an excursion you REALLY want to take, you may want to just book it and pay now. Otherwise wait until you board the ship. This policy has not changed. Enjoy your cruise

If you book excursions before the cruise, they must be paid for immediately on your charge card. The only way to use OBC's is to wait until you board and book then. If there is an excursion you REALLY want to take, you may want to just book it and pay now. Otherwise wait until you board the ship. This policy has not changed. Enjoy your cruise

My experience is exactly the same. However, I spoke to X customer services about a trip I want to do and the rep told my how many spaces were still available and that I should call again in a couple of months (we sail in November). That way I'd know how popular it was and it was selling well I'd be advised to pre-book, otherwise get to the excursions desk asap after boarding and use OBC...............otherwise my wife will just buy even more jewellery...doh!!!