First time Cruisers just off the Dream 7/6-7/13

smcsmom

Thank you! Just was copying these to keep and look though until our cruise. Just noticed though that the 8th's Funtimes had the events listed for the 7th?

Sorry about that, it was hard to keep all the scanning in the correct order!!

FunTimes7-8-14pg4_zps41d6358c.jpeg

We cruise the Dream in 10 days and thank you so much for the info on the kids club. We have a 9 yr old and he's so excited about the club. This info helped me let him know things he could do. I know you said they do an orientation at 5pm, but I noticed on the schedule they have a late registration at 8? Do you think it would be ok to miss the early one so that we won't miss sail away? We have all first time cruisers besides my dh and I and I don't want them to miss that.

We cruise the Dream in 10 days and thank you so much for the info on the kids club. We have a 9 yr old and he's so excited about the club. This info helped me let him know things he could do. I know you said they do an orientation at 5pm, but I noticed on the schedule they have a late registration at 8? Do you think it would be ok to miss the early one so that we won't miss sail away? We have all first time cruisers besides my dh and I and I don't want them to miss that.

I would guess that's the reason they have the late sign-up at 8:00pm but since we had gone and gotten it over with I'm not sure how that one worked.

I know when we were at the 5pm one (with TONS of other parents), if you have filled out the paperwork online, all we did was listen to the sign in/out process and about the activities for ALL the kids clubs (all ages) and then a representative came over and verified our info. and checked us off her list. It didn't take too long but my suspicion would be you get to skip the activity lecture and just get your info. checked and be on your way if you head to the Camp Carnival at 8:00pm.

Next time I won't miss the sail away and will go to the later time since I know what happens at the early one.

• 3 weeks later...
The pool we chose was at the back of Deck 10, they were both super crowded (and really IMO should be larger for the amount of people the ship holds) but things were going fine until a fight broke out and security had to be called to haul out a few people

Fight?

Adults? Kids?

Thanks for your well thought out review! The pics are great. I'm one who doesn't like to see pics of food- I just scroll right through them. Looks like you guys had an excellent time and will be back for more :)

Fight?

Adults? Kids?

Yes, there was an altercation while H and her pal were in pool. It was adults, I wasn't front and center to see what exactly happened but what we were told was a younger gentlemen was being fairly rambunctious doing flips into the pool and such. He was asked by Carnival Crew members to stop a few times and continued. He landed on a man that was swimming in the pool and the rest is history... Security was already in the area. It was cleared out extremely fast.

Yes, there was an altercation while H and her pal were in pool. It was adults, I wasn't front and center to see what exactly happened but what we were told was a younger gentlemen was being fairly rambunctious doing flips into the pool and such. He was asked by Carnival Crew members to stop a few times and continued. He landed on a man that was swimming in the pool and the rest is history... Security was already in the area. It was cleared out extremely fast.

Ah, OK. My imagination got the better of me and I was thinking more along the lines of someone punching someone else.

Did the aft pool stay this crowded throughout the entire cruise?

Overall, how did you feel about the crowd levels around the entire ship throughout the cruise?

Ah, OK. My imagination got the better of me and I was thinking more along the lines of someone punching someone else.

Did the aft pool stay this crowded throughout the entire cruise?

Overall, how did you feel about the crowd levels around the entire ship throughout the cruise?

I'm fairly certain the man that was landed upon punched the jumper and thus security swooped in and very efficiently removed both gentlemen and their parties from the area. It really wasn't a big deal and was remedied in a matter of a few minutes.

To me, both pools were very crowded (no room to swim, just to float in your place) during the peak times of the day. Before 9am or really late evening, not so much, much less people. Really I feel both pools are much too small to host the amount of people that the ship accommodates. We have a pool at home so H was much more interested in the slides so it wasn't much of an issue for us.

The ship felt much much less crowded than I anticipated. If you wanted a lounge chair during in the late morning/early afternoon there was not one to be had (as expected) but the lines for the buffets and pizza, pasta place, to enter into the shows, the tenders, etc. were very manageable.

Getting back onto the ship from Port was a little longer but still, we didn't have to wait anywhere near what we had expected for anything and J is a talker so he made buddies with whomever we were in line with and the time passed very quickly.

Trying to catch an elevator from the main deck when coming back onto the ship was another story. It took forever for us to get one to get back to the 9th floor. They were very slow to make their way all the way down there and then their were sooooo many people that wanted on it was a bit of a mess. I'm pretty sure we ended up using the stairs at least once.

The line to enter into the MDR was very dense starting from about 15 minutes before they opened the doors at 8:15pm. After that first night, we figured out to arrive at 8:20, avoid the rush and headed right to the table. By the time we arrived our waitress already had J's beer and H's sprite ready and waiting.

Edited by smcsmom